Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 7:26 pm

Hi Guys,

Am travelling and right now I'm in Bangalore...though its an official trip, managed to squeeze in the weekend at home. Shd be back in Sing on 15th.

Thanks Sapphire for answering most of the queries raised. I guess we'll be about 12 in all....give or take one or two. And yes, the potluck is for the evening.

Vidia - drinks & appetite are most welcome.... :wink:

Will send an e-mail on Thursday or Friday latest to all of you giving directions to our place. Have most of your mail ids, except for Guru, Shirllin, Megha, Chris and Tangerika - please pm it to me..Thanks !

Take care all of you and I'll see ya on the 17th !

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 7:29 pm

HI ALL~!!!

Will prepare food....and looking forward to meet everyone....

I am staying in the north is the place from here? I am afraid that my frozen stuff might melt by the time I reach there.....

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:17 pm

KT wrote:BTW , wats the converse to KLPD thats used ....BCPD or GCPD ?

hmm.... i seem to have the theortical knowledge of the slang , althought havent really had too many occasions to use 'em.

For theoretical knowledge you're doing quite alright! :o
BTW, converse popularly was BOAC, and I CANNOT elaborate any further here on the forum!

Sabrina, you lucky girl! Please go to Koshy's and have appams and mutton stew for me! Nagarjuna for a veg meal, yum! Kubay is in Koramangala owned by a friend of mine, all Konkani coastal food, best of pomfrets, prawns and fish! He cooks pomfret in pureed green coriander, I swear its the yummiest ever. Just tell him you're my friend and I was raving about his food, he'll melt and serve you the best! And, if you have people to go with, you must go to Karavalli! Don't touch North Indian food in Bangalore! So much to pig out on all the seafood!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 9:19 pm

Now what is BOAC?? Looks like I have loads to learn from u Sapphire...

For the Potluck..pls count Me + Hubby + Kid ...

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 9:27 pm

Ha ha, all thanks to my hubby, I'm an angel really. :P
Btw, he'll be there for the potluck as well.

Ok I got too excited Sabrina, pomfret is also a fish. And, I forgot you're a vegetarian!! Jeez, strike all of my above post! But, hey you can still have veg food in Nagarjuna, its on Residency Road, opposite Pub world...my other hangout! :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:03 pm

ok ... i m doing alrite but not quite alrite.. wat the heck is BOAC ! :?

hmm and then konkan food sounds good ... brings back fond memories :cool:

sapphire wrote:
KT wrote:BTW , wats the converse to KLPD thats used ....BCPD or GCPD ?

hmm.... i seem to have the theortical knowledge of the slang , althought havent really had too many occasions to use 'em.

For theoretical knowledge you're doing quite alright! :o
BTW, converse popularly was BOAC, and I CANNOT elaborate any further here on the forum!

Sabrina, you lucky girl! Please go to Koshy's and have appams and mutton stew for me! Nagarjuna for a veg meal, yum! Kubay is in Koramangala owned by a friend of mine, all Konkani coastal food, best of pomfrets, prawns and fish! He cooks pomfret in pureed green coriander, I swear its the yummiest ever. Just tell him you're my friend and I was raving about his food, he'll melt and serve you the best! And, if you have people to go with, you must go to Karavalli! Don't touch North Indian food in Bangalore! So much to pig out on all the seafood!
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 10:06 pm

Lol, ok here comes a pm to ya KT!

I know, Konkani food makes me drool!

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 12:24 pm

Hi all..

Thanks for the advance birthday wishes.. (its on 20th btw)....

Sapphire: Am out of circulation for sure ... thanks to my touring.. I will be in Thailand next week & am also taking Aqua will me...
& your predictions usually come true.. In fact your avatar (& you), does look like one of those fortune tellers (smoking variety).. Where is your crystal ball anyway..?? :D

Have fun at the potluck guys..

We'll catch up with you soon..

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 5:28 pm

Psy, we Indians excel in IT, crystal balls are out of fashion! I moved onto hi-tech gadgets.
Get in touch with us when you two get back, have fun in Thailand.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 13 Sep 2005 7:24 pm

Ha ha ha...Sapphire, I can see that you totally forgot I'm a veggie in all your excitement...! But full marks for remembering it later, anyway !!!
Actually, I'm enjoying my Mom's cooking ....nothing can beat that.

Sapphire - good to know that your hubby will join too.

To the rest, got all your mail ids. Will send you the address and how to get there when I'm back in Singapore on Thursday. As for the timing...anytime around and after 6.30 p.m ok with you guys???

Total headcount as of now...14 !!!!!!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 4:18 pm

Yep Sabrina, I might be old but not senile yet. :D

Here's news for Ind Babe and Aqua, I saw Hrithik Roshan near Paragon, Orchard Road about an hour back, walking a funny studly walk with his two bodyguards. Looks cute like he is on screen.

Indian

Re: Looking for indian friends

Postby Indian » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 5:00 pm

JURI wrote:Hi, i am a foreigner,asian girl working in singapor for few years.
I love indian culture,food,people,etc.. But i don't have any indians friend here.I would enjoy meeting any indians who are open to make a friend and exchange culture.
Thanks,

[quote=Hi, Juri,...you can expact me your friend. If you are ready then let me know. do you have any e-mail ID?

my ID is ravish_online@yahoo.com

Indian[/quote]

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 9:08 pm

Hi Sabrina,

Make it 15. MetroGuy just touched down. sorry for all the silence..as you know.. I was in an entirely different world and loved it.

Belated Happy Birthday Indi.

Advance wishes to Psy.

btw, I still have about 16 cans of beer and a half bottle of red wine. I'll bring them along. apart from that.. I'm planning to bring Mirchi Bajji (Andhra Special).

See you there! :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 9:20 pm

Dear Sapphire,

:shock: Oh My God~!!! You saw Hrithik Roshan himself....in Singapore? Wow....u r so lucky......chances are so slim to catch them here.....I wish I was there....though I am not a fan of his but still.....a glimpse of him is always wonderful.....

Regards,
Shirllin

Dear Metroguy,

Great to hear that u r coming....15 is a nice number after all....will take note of that and prepare for 15 people....looking forward to meet you...

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Wed, 14 Sep 2005 9:37 pm

Dear Shirlin,

Thanks and look forward to meet you. can't wait to taste your tiramisu..and not to forget the mooncakes. :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.