Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 10:34 pm

Shirllin, I think Sabrina will have a better idea about the no. of people. I guess you'll know by Monday.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Sat, 10 Sep 2005 11:42 pm

Dear Sapphire,

Okie...there is still plenty of time to prepare....

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 6:58 pm

First off - happy belated Indi, and happy advanced Psy!

As for what I am bringing - er, I may take the easy route again and bring the other drinks - some beer and some sodas.... not too much of a cook! Everything sounds yummy so I will definitely bring my appetite (it goes with me everywhere!)

Chris - saw your pm - feel free to chip in and come along - a potluck is where everyone brings something, if you haven't already figured that out from the posts.

Ind Babe - yeah, still up for it - if you and S. still on, call or sms me and I can do the bookings. Glad you had a good trip!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 10:06 pm

Vidia, long time no see girl! Welcome back!

Megha bring whatever you're cool with. There are many vegetarians in the group, so your contribution will be invaluable. Looking forward to meeting you as well.

Psy, I had predicted you'll be out of circulation once Aqua would show up. Was I right or was I right? :P No offence Aqua, just kidding. Anyway, Happy Birthday Psy!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:30 pm

Dear Sapphire,

Saw your post above which mentioned that there are many vegetarians in the group.....do they eat eggs? Cause the tiramisu that I will be making has eggs in it.....if some of them can't eat them....I will have to make the frozen cheese cake as well and make do without the eggs.....plus the mooncakes that I am bringing has eggyolk in it....I guess I will get one without eggyolk.....

Regards,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 8:01 am

I think all of them are eggetarians. Again, Sabrina will know better. :)

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 2:02 pm

Was wondering if any of you Indians have heard of KLPD! :lol:
Just remembered it last night and wondered if it was commonly used in advertising circles only.

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 3:46 pm

I know KLPD, I think most of the guys in Bombay use it. And why were u thinking abt it??? Hope u not teasing anyone!!!

Also, what is the time of the potluck??? lunch or dinner???

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 4:01 pm

Who me? I'd never!! Was hubby, but hey I've used it often, so I guess its restricted to girls in advertising. We foul mouthed women! :oops:

I think its dinner? I'm open to lunch as well. Sabrina is MIA. Shirllin is waiting for a response. I think egg is fine with everyone. Right?

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 4:41 pm

Hi all

Sabrina is out of town.

Vidia - Thanks for the wishes.

Megha - I think the pot-luck is for dinner.

Shirllin - Eggs are ok for the veggies here. Number of people? Here is a little list. Those with a "?" needs to confirm. Those who wish to join, pls add ur names:

Sapph & ?hubby= 2
Megha, ?hubby & ?kid = 3
Guru = 1
shirllin = 1
Vidia = 1
?Chris = 1
?Indbabe & ?hubby = 2
Sabrina & myself = 2

Cheers!
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:14 pm

And, Tangerika - 1

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 5:55 pm

Hi...

Thnks Indi.Lens...Wah....there are many who are not confirm yet it seems....only abt 7 confirmed.....okie....will prepare for ten people then.....great to hear that eggs are fine cause I don't think the tiramisu can be made without eggs at least for mine recipe it seems so....

Dear Sapphire,

May I ask wat is KLPD? Kinda curious seeing your expressions of :lol: and :oops: ..... :-k

Regards,
Shirllin

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 6:44 pm

Hey All,
Firstly Indi belated Happy Birthday! and Psy Happy Birthday!!
Indi hubby n me will be there for the potluck...so you can count us as confirmed :) Lots of new people to meet at the potluck....should be good!

Megha, both Aaloo Bhindi n Aaloo capsicum sound great to me...feel comfortable to get what you can.....
N Shirllin, guess most of us are fine with eggs.....

Gosh, KLPD...its been so long since I heard that and similar stuff :wink:
......its pretty common in Delhi as well....
Shirllin, suggest you hold on till we meet to get to know what this is...infact, you've just begun learning Hindi, dont want to corrupt your language right away :P . Now Im sure Ive increased your curiosity even more...he he he... :twisted:

Vidia, will PM you today/tomorrow after speaking to hubby about the show.....

Cheers everyone!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 6:46 pm

Hehe, yup no corrupting young minds. You'll just have to wait Shirllin. Guess, its almost KLPD for Shirllin right about now! :lol:

KT
Chatter
Chatter

Postby KT » Mon, 12 Sep 2005 7:20 pm

BTW , wats the converse to KLPD thats used ....BCPD or GCPD ?

hmm.... i seem to have the theortical knowledge of the slang , althought havent really had too many occasions to use 'em.
"El tango no está en los pies. Está en el corazón."