Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 5:59 pm

Shirllin also offered to get some garlic bread. I think she likes to cook! This world is indeed very strange. :o
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 6:35 pm

Dear Sapphire,

It's not that I like to cook....if u did not notice the things that I offer are actually quite easy to prepare......hehehe....

Dear Sabrina,

Does your place have a small toaster(small oven)?......cause the garlic bread would taste best just freshly toasted.....aroma.....YUM YUM....

Another thing.....I think no one is for frozen cheesecake....how sad.....okie....tiramisu is confirm then.....need the no. of people attending to prepare the right amount....the last time I did it....it was not enough....
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:11 pm

Tiramisu and cheesecake are easy to prepare??? Hey, I don't mind you bringing cheescake as well, but I think it'll probably be a bit too much for you to do. You're supposed to be all fresh that day. :D
Looking forward to meeting you...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 9:28 pm

Shirllin,

Too bad i can't change my flight, i hope there will be another chance to try your tiramisu :P

You guys have fun alright :P

cheers

shirllin wrote:Mad,
Yup.....u might want to change your plans.....but there will be next time if you miss it this time...
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:20 pm

Dear sapphire,

Yup....they are easy to prepare cause it involves no baking....and I modify it to make it healthier then usual......less cream, sugar etc.....u need not worry abt preparing two of the cakes cause it needs one day in advance for them to set in the refrigerator thus I have plenty of time to recuperate.... :D .....looking forward to meet u too.... :wink:

Dear Mad,

Oh.....u will miss this time round....However....I will specially make double portion of tiramisu the next time for you alone to savour it.....safe journey

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."

"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 8:58 am

Shirllin - yes, indeed, I do have a small toaster...absolutely no problems...

Yeah, really looking forward to meeting you too ! Take care !

neel

Need Help !!!

Postby neel » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:45 am

Can any one post the phone numbers for Bedok Cinema ? is there any other place in Singapore that plays Hindi Movies ? Any idea when is Salaam Namaste releasing in Singapore ? Thanks !!!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 1:13 pm

Neel, look up The Straits Times, all info is available there. :roll:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 2:55 pm

Hey Sapph - Congrats on your new role as Editor !!!! Didn't see it till now...
...so, any special privileges?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 3:42 pm

Yes sabrina, I get the special privilege of being labelled a lesbo! :roll:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 4:01 pm

Ha ha ha !

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 4:06 pm

Hey Everybody!
Have been away from the forum for more than a week now.....went on a completely unplanned n unexpected trip to India....and boy o boy, did I have fun! Saddi Dilli totally rocks! Although the weather was outrageous, at 40deg and with humidity at 70-80% , a veritable oven, but loads of shopping n lots of gol gappas n tikkis n pappdi chaats made it a short, but good trip back home :D
For those interested in Delhi, the metros up n running on two routes. Begging has been banned on traffic signals n public places n guess what, its actually being implemented quite well!!!

I see there's loads happening, as always, on this thread.
Hubby n me are on for the pot luck on 17th (not missing it this time, for sure :wink: ) and since Sapph's getting a non veg curry n Sab's doing the rice, I thought I could get something veg ...like Rajma (red kidney beans) to go with the rice, sounds ok??
Of course, the tiramisu sounds heavenly......look forward to meeting you shirlin.....
Metro have a good trip back home, eat well n let the heavenly feeling of being a dad sink in!
Vidia....looks like there's only the $100 tickets left for the ARR show, the $50 tickets were gone within the first couple of days I guess! Worth it?? What do you say?? Did you watch Betrayal, by the way....I wanted to quite badly, but it hasnt happened so far :(

Cheers everybody!
One life - live it!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 4:19 pm

Ughhhhhh 40 degrees! I can imagine how bad it must be! Its September for crying out loud, usually Delhi used to cool down a bit. Am I glad I don't live there no more! Of course, envy your chaat sessions. I remember they were trying to implement the whole no begging thing, good show! What about cows on the roads? Weren't they doing something in that direction as well?
If the metro is up and running, I guess that leaves the roads clear for the spoilt brats to speed and kill!! How I used to cuss while driving in Delhi. Ha ha, almost miss doing that!

See you all on 17th...

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 5:22 pm

We were just beginning to wonder where you disappeared to, Ind Babe :lol: . Glad you had a good time at home.

Rajma sounds lovely indeed. Umm...looking forward to that.

So as of now, we have confirmed...

Sapphire + hubby (2)
Ind Babe + hubby (2)
Shirllin (1)
Guru (1)
Psy & Aqua (2)
Vidia (1)
Megha + hubby (2)
Tangerika (1)
Me & Indi (2)

Metroguy has'nt confirmed yet...so excluding him, that makes 14 of us...have I missed out anybody..?

KS684, how abt u? joining us?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 6:05 pm

Hubby is 50-50, if in town, he'll come along.