Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 2:49 pm

I still can't believe i will miss both the hot curry and that yummy tiramisu

Should i change my travelling plans?

:x :mad: :P
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 2:58 pm

Yup change immediately! Most likely won't happen at my place. Either guru or sabrina will have to host this time. Oh and you want hot curry? Don't think your tummy can handle that. I know I'm a lightweight when it comes to anything too hot and spicy.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 3:01 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Ok. See you on Sunday evening...at 6.45 p.m at the venue?

Hey Aqua....what happened on those dance classes? I'm still interested ...how 'bout you???

To the rest of the janta...seems like there is another potluck session in the offing. Sapphire has already offered to do it at her place...we cld also do it at mine. So, lets fix a date shall we..?

How's 17th Sept for everyone? The Karoake King will be back by then... :lol: :lol:

hi sab: still waiting for the new batch to start. they will inform once it starts. so lets wait. R u interested in Hip hop for a change?

Hey where r u all meeting on sunday?, But not sure of joining, since psy is busy packing 2morrow

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Postby mad » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 3:03 pm

Yes you are right, i'll stay away from anything too hot when it comes to food

:P
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 3:03 pm

hi indi: what's up on your birthday
where r u planning to give treat to all of us

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 4:20 pm

Wow - lots of news it seems!

17th for potluck - I am game - look forward to meeting the new ones to this group - Guru (esp if you managed to score free tix to ARR! I heard the only ones left are $100), Shirrlin (tiramisu - yum!) and maybe Chris?

Indi - when's your birthday?

Aqua and Psy - you guys moving?

Sapph - I am down for Annalakshmi too since I missed the last one. How about Sunday 11th? I'm back Saturday night.

Have a good week y'all!

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 7:47 pm

Mad,
Yup.....u might want to change your plans.....but there will be next time if you miss it this time...

Sap,
If you are cooking curry chicken.....I could prepare garlic bread to go with it.....just a suggestion.....I think curry chicken taste great with garlic bread if anyone likes it.....

Aqua,
So what abt the hip-hop dance classes...? I am interested in learning hip-hop but too lazy to call up n find out......

Dear All,

So nobody is intrested in frozen cheesecake? If so...I will stick to frozen tiramisu then....
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

chris_st

Place and time

Postby chris_st » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:44 pm

Hi All,

by the by , what is potluk ..?

let me know place and time for meeting ..?

Cheers

Chris

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:59 pm

Potluck is where everyone contributes with a dish. 11th Sept is out for me, going for Quidam. But you guys carry on...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

chris_st

news

Postby chris_st » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 2:52 pm

sapphire wrote:Potluck is where everyone contributes with a dish. 11th Sept is out for me, going for Quidam. But you guys carry on...

i am not to clear about " quidam and out for me " ...sorry i am still new in singapore and to this group.

chris

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 04 Sep 2005 5:16 pm

Chris_st, you're not supposed to understand everything in this world. Its a mad mad world. :twisted:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:42 pm

Ok People...we can have the potluck at my place. Since for most 17th Sept, is fine, I guess we can keep it at that date for now...

We now need suggestions for the menu....after all, apart from Tiramisu, we all need something more...so, do come up with suggestions, please.

And, oh, there's no karaoke at my place...so, the singers need to sing without the music..!!!!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 3:46 pm

I already did, Saag chicken, saag being spinach. Everyone cool with that? Better be 'cause I've made up my mind already! :P
How many vegetarians again? I forget. Oh and tangerika is invited as well, sabrina okayed that too. She will bring wine.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 4:14 pm

I should be back by Friday night or Saturday morning for sure. I can bring wine or something more stronger depending on the mood of the gathering. :D But I guess a wine would be ideal. :wink:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 05 Sep 2005 5:07 pm

sapphire wrote:I already did, Saag chicken, saag being spinach. Everyone cool with that? Better be 'cause I've made up my mind already! :P
How many vegetarians again? I forget. Oh and tangerika is invited as well, sabrina okayed that too. She will bring wine.

oops...sorry ! :oops: Then maybe, I can make some rice item to go along with the chicken...either veg pulav or peas pulav.

Guess we'll be having lots of wine then...with both Guru and Tangerika offering....hurray ! :D