Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 11:12 am

sapphire wrote:Not sure why the link above won't work, but go to SISTIC and you'll find it under events for September. This particular performance is on 4th Sept.

Hey Sapph - would love to go this one. Yeah...I agree with you Mamta Shankar's troupe is quite good. I love their style of the Indian fusion ballet.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 6:25 pm

Had a feeling you would like to go for this one Sabrina. :D
Will let you know the details tomorrow or day after. Happy Janmasthami to you too. Its my fave God's birthday! :D He absolutely rocks! Now I'm missing my mom's various preparations today. Not that I'm religious, but all the yummy things offered to Mr. Krishna, the brat...missing those, especially the delicious Charnamrut!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Fri, 26 Aug 2005 10:25 pm

Congrats Metroguy!

Sapph - can't make your event - am out of town Sept 4 - 10th (work, unfortunately).

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Sat, 27 Aug 2005 12:47 am

Thanks Vidia,

I'm so...drunk now....geez...forbidden city must be forbidden for me atleast...wish you a wonderful trip....and hope to see you back soon...

Cheers,
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 12:09 pm

Hi Guys,

What's up? Why's everybody gone so quiet suddenly...???

How did you spend your weekend?

Me..was lazing at home, though went out a bit on Sat morning. Sunday, I had all by myself, as Indi and Metro had gone out to the Bird Park to shoot !!!! So, I thoroughly enjoyed the solitude at home... :wink:

Looking forward to the Indian Ballet show on 4th Sep....anybody else coming for that...?

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 2:47 pm

I'm going for the Indian Ballet as you know. So, where are the pics of that shoot? Ask Indi to email me please, very interested in checking them out. Metrodad, you too, email please.
Psy and Aqua have gone real quiet. Bumped into Vidia at Womad for a few. Rest of the janta, wonder where are they hiding.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

guest11

so where is the bombay cafe?

Postby guest11 » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 4:36 pm

i keep readin about the bombay cafe in your posts...just can't seem to figure out where this place is... any insights?/

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:27 pm

Hi Guest 11,

I remember posting the web address of Bombay Cafe sometime back on this tread....anyway, here it is again :

[url] http://www.bombaycafe.com.sg

Ciao ![/url]

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:27 pm

Good question, even I have no idea about Bombay Cafe's location.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 5:29 pm

sapphire wrote:Rest of the janta, wonder where are they hiding.

right said, Sapph ....maybe we shd organise another "potluck" session to see if everybody will come out of their hiding for that... :wink:

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Dear sabrina....

Postby shirllin » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:04 pm

Dear Sabrina,

Thnks for the website could see from the website that the place is great....would want to go there soon to try the food......thnks again.....

God Bless,
Shirllin

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Postby shirllin » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:07 pm

Dear all,

If there is a pot lucky....I could contribute my home-made frozen tiramisu cake.....it taste like ice-cream....that is if there are people who likes to eat tiramisu.......

God Bless,
Shirllin

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:17 pm

Shirllin, I love tiramisu so you're more than welcome to join the potluck. :) Hope you've learnt a little bit of Hindi by now.

Sab, just checked out the Bombay Cafe site, nicely designed site as well. But, was wondering if that's all they have on their menu. Seems more like 'designer' chaat, if you know what I mean. I haven't ever had a sandwich dhokla, whatever that means. However, if this is a branch of the one in Bangalore then should be good.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:21 pm

sapphire wrote:Metrodad, you too, email please.

sure thing. I'll do it as soon as they are ready.. flying home this thursday and will be back on 15th. guess I'll scan the pics after that..
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

Postby Guest » Mon, 29 Aug 2005 6:56 pm

sapphire wrote:Shirllin, I love tiramisu so you're more than welcome to join the potluck. :) Hope you've learnt a little bit of Hindi by now.

Sab, just checked out the Bombay Cafe site, nicely designed site as well. But, was wondering if that's all they have on their menu. Seems more like 'designer' chaat, if you know what I mean. I haven't ever had a sandwich dhokla, whatever that means. However, if this is a branch of the one in Bangalore then should be good.

Dear Sapphire,

Ji Ha.....I(Mai) have borrowed Beginnr's Hindi from the library and have finished half of the book(kitab) so I could read(parhta) and understand(samjhata) a little(kam) of Hindi but my vocab is still limited cause I have not converse(bat karna) with anyone yet.....see what I mean.....N DONT LAUGH :wink: