Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 10:21 pm

hi guys
today we went to explore sentosa. the musical fountain show(laser show) was excellent. Cinemania was something new for me. It was fun.
Spent the whole day there, feel too tired to go for a movie 2morrow.
Will miss the movie. Guys do let me know the review.

enjoyyyyyyyy:(

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 3:40 am

I'm still up and will be for another hour, so won't join you guys for the movie later today, have fun...
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 11:37 am

Ind Babe wrote:Sabrina,
we'd prefer the afternoon show as well, would like to get back home a lil early as well!
So, so far its Sab n Indi, Vidia, hubby n me, Sapph will confirm tomorrow right?? Anyone else interested in tomorrow's movie, that Ive missed out on??

Cool - so 3.15 show then! See you all at box office at 3?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:40 pm

will be there for 3:15pm show.. coming with a few ex-colleagues, but join you guys for dinner. :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:50 pm

OK...see you guys at the theater at around 3 p.m !

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Sun, 21 Aug 2005 1:46 pm

Do post a review of the movie, I waited forever for this movie and can't make it today. :(
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:21 am

Indi,, check out the pics I took in Jurong Bird Park. Nothing great, but do tell me what you think. Hope this link works: http://photobucket.com/albums/b93/sapphire_sg/

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 1:07 pm

Oh well ! What can I say about the movie Mangal Pandey......ummm...one of the most awaited movies of the year and its a hogwash !!! :evil: They treated this like any other "masala" movie and have even added an "item number".... Amisha Patel was a wasted character in the movie and actually so was Rani :roll: ....maybe she did have just one important scene where she informs Aamir abt the Enlish troops....but that's abt it.

The only thing is, we had fun cribbing about it and also enjoyed the chaat session @ Bombay Cafe. We also initiated Vidia into Chaats and hopefully we did not alienate her too much with our description of the "pani puri wala thela" !!! :lol:

All in all, it was good meeting up again (though it was just a few of us) even though the movie was'nt that great !!!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 1:18 pm

Maybe its true that Aamir Khan actually directed the movie. Well thanks for the review, won't waste my time on this movie.

Incidentally, I had golguppas or 'phuchkas' as called in Calcutta, yummy! Will try the chaat in Bombay cafe.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Mon, 22 Aug 2005 9:05 pm

Yeah, the best thing about the movie was... the chaat! I loved what I had, don't remember the name but had yoghurt on it!

Sapph, I have your Page 3 now, Sabrina passed it to me. Will get it to you next time we meet.

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 9:57 pm

:D MetroGal gave birth to MetroBoy this evening. :D

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:14 pm

metroguy wrote::D MetroGal gave birth to MetroBoy this evening. :D

Hearty congratulations to you and your Mrs on becoming the proud parents! Wish your family all the happiness and joy. So, when is the celebration party? :wink:

Cheers

Indi.Lens & Sabrina
Thou Art That

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:27 pm

Hi Indi & Sabri,

Thanks so much for your wishes. Well.. we just need a reason to celebrate and this is a very good one.. so just wait for me to come back..

Cheers. :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 7:45 am

Metroguy, many congratulations to you and your family. How's metrogal doing? And, metroboy? Ha ha, love the nicks. Are you in India now? Do send a pic of the baby. How does it feel to be a father? Or maybe it hasn't sunk in yet?

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Wed, 24 Aug 2005 8:21 am

Hi Sapphire,

Thank you for your wishes. Both MetroGal and MetroBoy are doing well. I'm yet to fly to India. I'll show you the pics when I'm back. you're right, the feeling(of becoming a father) is not yet clear. lol. but all I can say is, its wonderful and I'm elated. :D :D :D

Cheers. :D