Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
parabec

hi

Postby parabec » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 4:43 pm

Hi Guys!

Thanks. Will definitely keep in touch once I am out there. Should have a more definite idea as to when by the end of the week.

Lived in the UK all my life ...this is all new to me, so quite daunted to leave family and friends behind...yet really excited!

anyhow take care

rebecca

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 5:08 pm

Hi parabec,

Yep, it can be daunting, but keep an open mind and everything will turn out just fine. You will miss your family and friends, they can't be replaced...but you'll make new friends and Singapore has enough places to hang out with friends and have a great time.

Cya when you get here. :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 9:17 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Me not going either ! Would have rather gone to the Asha Bhonsale show with the same money !!!!

So, who's up for Mangal Pandey this weekend ? Its finally released today.... Sunday afternoon show ok?

Vidia...sorry for not responding to your call last weekend...was unable to connect ! BTW, how was 7 1/2 Phere...the reviews were not that good.

Oh boo! Oh well, I'll have to find some other ARR fans!

Yeah, up for MP this Sunday. I didn't make it to 7 1/2 Phere cos I got lazy - will wait for the vcd then! Speaking of which, can you bring Page 3 if you're done with it?

See y'all!

Postby Guest » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:14 pm

Hiya all,
Hows everyone doing?

Sapph, good to see you back, any rasgullas (or should I say roshogollas!) from Cal??

Sab, hubby n me are game for The Rising on Sunday, wud prefer the afternoon show, maybe we can head to Bombay Cafe after that......

And guess what, Vidia, hubby n me are interested in the A R Rahman show as well, but need some more time......

Guru, read your blog with a lot of interest.....really reminded me of my Amar Chitra Katha days.....I really liked your series on Draupadi, very enlightening, especially considering most books n serials etc ususally do not give the details of this character. Atleast I came to know a few things about the character that I didnt know about!!!

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:16 pm

Oops, that was me, got logged out!!
One life - live it!

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 9:18 am

Ok Great....so, Sunday afternoon/evening it is then !!! As to the exact time, we need to check the Sunday morning's paper. So watch this space, everyone.

Vidia - yes, I'm done with Page 3 and indeed a fantastic movie. Will bring the CD.

Have a good day...! :D

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:17 pm

sapphire wrote:Indi. - checked out the pics, had seen most of them before. I'm still keen on going for one of your abstract shoots, how about next wednesday?

Sapph- Sorry for this late reply. should be good. Hope you are game to walk around quite a bit. Subjects seem to appear from both near and far of locations!!

Cheers
Thou Art That

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:20 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:It took a few minutes of finally figuring out the picture. Superb, my man! Simply superb! If you had not mentioned where you took the shot, I would never be able to figure out that its actually the location you said it was.

Thanks Guru and sorry for this late response. Well abstracts are'nt my cup of tea. Prefer to shoot nature.

Are you on for Mangal Pandey on Sunday?

Cheers
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 2:57 pm

No probs Indi., when is the latest I can confirm to you? Like tuesday evening? :P
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 3:02 pm

Sapph -- OK tuesday evening. Hope I can make it as well!
Thou Art That

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 4:18 pm

Mangal Pandey is not on for me. I am on standby for a trip on Sunday. You guys enjoy.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 6:17 pm

Indi., Tuesday to confirm or Tuesday for the shoot? Do you or sabrina have my number?

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 8:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:Hiya all,
Sab, hubby n me are game for The Rising on Sunday, wud prefer the afternoon show, maybe we can head to Bombay Cafe after that......

And guess what, Vidia, hubby n me are interested in the A R Rahman show as well, but need some more time......

Cool, Ind Babe! Lemme know! I'll post a new thread so maybe it will get picked up for the calendar too.

I think The Rising is on at 6 pm, maybe we can catch that - I think the movie is shorter than normal?

I introduced some non-Bollywood friends to Kal Ho Naa Ho this week - they liked it! So it's slowly taking over the world....

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Fri, 19 Aug 2005 9:01 pm

sapphire wrote:Indi., Tuesday to confirm or Tuesday for the shoot? Do you or sabrina have my number?

Sapph - Tuesday to confirm and PM me ur mobile number when u confirm. I'll try my best to make it for the wednesday evening. Will confirm on tuesday.

Cheers
Thou Art That

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Sat, 20 Aug 2005 8:28 am

Hey Vidia..

I feel we are going to be too lazy on Sunday, to go catch a movie.. :oops:

We will try and catch up.. later..