Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Re: Happy Independence Day

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 4:39 pm

sapphire wrote:Happy Independence Day to you too Indi. :D

Thanks Sapph. Yeah wish Mangal Pandey was on the cinema y'day. Lets do it coming sunday. Want to see how much more intensely Aamir Khan has portrayed Mangal Pandey. Like Aamir Khan oflate. The chap values script, story and concentrates on one project at a time. Like such involvment.

Cheers
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 4:41 pm

Yep, I should be free by Sunday afternoon. Btw, how did the scavenger hunt go?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:02 pm

Could'nt go. Moreover, these days I prefer shooting alone but welcome anyone who wants to join me.
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:04 pm

How about next week Indi.?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:17 pm

Off to the zoo on 20th morning. how about an evening shoot by the river side between 6:30 to 7:30pm on a weekend? maybe a saturday.

by the way chk your yahoo mail. sent some pics.
Thou Art That

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 5:31 pm

Weekend might be tough to pull off. Will check mail, thanks for sending the pics. Have fun at the zoo!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 6:10 pm

Indi, second pic gets my vote! For an abstract, great choice, excellent angle, very good use of the lighting on the bridge. Now I understand why you want to go for an evening shoot. :)

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Mon, 15 Aug 2005 8:41 pm

Sir!

Send me the link too, mate! I would love to see the pictures you shot.

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 9:22 am

Guru

chk your PM for the link

Cheers
Thou Art That

Indi.Lens
Regular
Regular

Postby Indi.Lens » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 1:08 pm

sapphire wrote:Indi, second pic gets my vote! For an abstract, great choice, excellent angle, very good use of the lighting on the bridge. Now I understand why you want to go for an evening shoot. :)

Thanks Sapph! Yeah abstracts have never been my forte. Now I realise what abstract art is all about. Well... nature and landscapes still are my fav though.

Cheers
Thou Art That

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Tue, 16 Aug 2005 2:17 pm

It took a few minutes of finally figuring out the picture. Superb, my man! Simply superb! If you had not mentioned where you took the shot, I would never be able to figure out that its actually the location you said it was.

parabec

hi

Postby parabec » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:40 am

Hi Guys

came across your thread. My hubby, myself and kid are relocating from London to singaproe in 4 -6 weeks time. Anyhow saw that some of you are interested in going to AR RAHAMAN concert in Sept. We attended his opening concert in London two weeks ago...it was really good. However due to the floods in Mumbai, they cancelled the 3D idea!!! and just went for normal concert setting,
for all those going >>> hope you enjoy it

rebecca

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 9:40 am

Hi parabec, do keep in touch with us after you move to Singapore.

I don't think I want to attend AR Rahman's show, I like his music but not enough to spend this kind of money. Who all are going for it?

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:49 pm

Me not going either ! Would have rather gone to the Asha Bhonsale show with the same money !!!!

Anyway, thanks Rebecca for the reccomendation !

So, who's up for Mangal Pandey this weekend ? Its finally released today.... Sunday afternoon show ok?

Vidia...sorry for not responding to your call last weekend...was unable to connect ! BTW, how was 7 1/2 Phere...the reviews were not that good.

Sapph - how was Cal and the wedding? Put on some weight or not ..??? :lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Thu, 18 Aug 2005 1:15 pm

I can't make it for the Sunday afternoon show, evening works for me.

Wedding was fun except for the part where I had to wear a sari. Yep, have put on some weight, hope to lose it soon.

Indi. - checked out the pics, had seen most of them before. I'm still keen on going for one of your abstract shoots, how about next wednesday?