Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 3:18 pm

Yesss! I saw that Bedok's already posted The Rising, so how about this weekend?

Sapph - I missed Annalax too so we can try and go when you're back! I don't know half of what you described in your Bong meal but I was jealous nevertheless!

Also read that AR Rahman is coming to town - anyone interested? I can book tix provided people don't flake on me (ie confirmed orders only!!)

Anyone interested in watching Shabana Azmi performing a Pinter play?

Postby Guest » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 5:31 pm

O yes, it was great meeting all you guys...the natural laughter therapy session @ Coffee Bean :wink: , the movie ( Abhishek Bacchan was hot, as ever!), the awesomely authentic chaat session after that.....all of it, good fun!

Sapph, envy you, envy you!! I missed Anna as well......so am game to do it sometime soon.

Vidia, all that you mentioned sounds preety cool to me, where do u manage to find out all this interesting stuff - AR Rahman and Shabana Azmi??? Sistic??
Anyway, Im game for The Rising coming weekend. When are the rest of the events you mentioned?

Also, Girish Karnad sounds v interesting, Guru. Is it a play he'll be performing or what??

The Straits Times supplement today "Inside Track" is quite interesting...anyone checked it out?

Cheers
Ind Babe

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 5:36 pm

Sorry guys got logged out! That was me, of course.
One life - live it!

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Tue, 09 Aug 2005 6:24 pm

Hi there...agree with Ind Babe...AR Rehman, Girish Karnad and the Shabana Azmi play all sound interesting.

And yeah, the coming weekend for "The Rising" is ok. Though Indi Lens can't make it on Sat evening...and this is one movie he's waiting to watch !!! So, it'll have to be Sat afternoon or Sunday for us...! But don't worry too much about it...if you guys are would like to go on Sat evening, its fine. We'll just catch it later.

And I'm sure, even those who made it to Annalaxmi this time are game for another round as the food was superb....atlest I'm in for the next time too !!! :wink:

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 9:55 am

I know AR Rahman is going to be here in September. My sister-in-law is actually sings in Tamil movies and she has worked with AR. In fact, surprisingly couple of days ago I got a call from Karthik who is another singer asking me if he can come a couple of days early and hang out. He was the one who told me about the AR Rahman show. Although, I am not sure if I would want to go, if my SIL does come, then I will have to show my face there.

For the Girish Karnad event, its a bit more than that. The event is Indian Poetry 05 - Featuring the works of Contemporary Indian Women Poets organized by the Indian Activities Executive Committee.

I will put the flyer on my BLOG. That way you would know more about this program.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Postby vidia » Wed, 10 Aug 2005 8:11 pm

How about Sunday afternoon for The Rising? Again, not sure of time - but around 3- 3.30? We can talk more then about who wants to go see what next!

V.

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Postby Ind Babe » Thu, 11 Aug 2005 4:57 pm

Ok, am on for The Rising on Sunday, Vidia. What about everybody else??
One life - live it!

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 12:16 pm

Hi there,

Indi and I are ok for Sunday too...! Looking forward to it !

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:10 pm

Hi guys
Wont be able to come to the movies with the kid...

I know this is not the right forum, but since u guys went there, Can u guys tell me where is Bombay cafe, is it a restaurant? what food they serve?

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 1:49 pm

Hi Megha,

Bombay Cafe is a restaurant and food there was quite good. All of us freaked out on the Chaat there....

chk out their website for more details [url] http://www.bombaycafe.com.sg/

Ciao !

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Postby megha » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 2:45 pm

Thank you so much!!!

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:16 pm

meghna: u must go to bombay cafe. i loved the chat there.

sabrina: do u know any other chat corner other than bombay cafe, since bombay cafe is far from my place. :?:

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:17 pm

i mean chaat

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Postby Aquarian » Fri, 12 Aug 2005 5:18 pm

yeah not sure of sunday guys .. will confirm by 2morrow

mad
Chatter