Singapore Expats Forum

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:26 pm

Hello Guru,

Its @ Annalakshmi Restaurant, Excelsior hotel. From 12pm to 2pm. Nearest MRT is City Hall.

Hope it helps :D
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:32 pm

Hooray!

Hmmm.. I wake up at 6 AM on Sunday and I go for a run. And then a two hour session of excellent food at Annalakshmi!

BRING IT ON!!!!! :lol:

Excellent choice, if I may say so! Its been a while since I have been there. I hate to play the needle in the haystack but that place is a haystack. Some of you have interacted in real world, but for vitual warriors, some sort of recognition symbols are required. :)

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:34 pm

Count in Indi. & me too !!!!!

Guru...your blog is interesting and I enjoyed reading your write up on Draupadi....you have actually enlightenend me...I did not know about Draupadi's previous birth...Keep up the good writing !

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:46 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Count in Indi. & me too !!!!!

Okie dokie :lol:

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 2:54 pm

sabrina77 wrote:Count in Indi. & me too !!!!!

Guru...your blog is interesting and I enjoyed reading your write up on Draupadi....you have actually enlightenend me...I did not know about Draupadi's previous birth...Keep up the good writing !

Thank you Sabrina77. It is taking a long time to piece Draupadi together as she is a very complex character. I intend to cover the Mahabharatha and the important sections of the story. I started writing as a mode of doing research for my own satisfaction (read: i got too much free time) :lol:

But I thank you for the complement! Do let me have any criticisms about the writing structure, if you feel there's room for improvement.

Ciao!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 3:15 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:Some of you have interacted in real world, but for vitual warriors, some sort of recognition symbols are required. :)

Look for tallest and most handsome man in the whole restaurant. lol.

jokes aside, pls ask for Venu's table @ 'Please wait to be seated' sign. :lol:

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 3:21 pm

Bahut shukriya, saabji, hum time par pahunch jayenge!!!

EB

Postby EB » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 4:34 pm

sapphire wrote:Infamous sapphire????? What did I do to deserve that? :(

I logged on after a long while the other day and read a lot of things you had to say in nearly every forum i went into!! See that you've made quite a name for yourself!! ha ha. Wont say anymore except your new avatar suits you!! :D

Psy, Ind babe - i am well...traveling like crazy, but hopefully it will end soon! May have to go to India later this month for work...you guys remember what a disgrace I am to all indian right??!! :roll:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Postby sabrina77 » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 4:49 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:Thank you Sabrina77. It is taking a long time to piece Draupadi together as she is a very complex character. I intend to cover the Mahabharatha and the important sections of the story. I started writing as a mode of doing research for my own satisfaction (read: i got too much free time) :lol:

But I thank you for the complement! Do let me have any criticisms about the writing structure, if you feel there's room for improvement.

Ciao!

You're welcome !! :lol: However, I do have a query...why start of with Draupadi...i know you did give a brief explanation about that, but somehow, I feel that there's more to it than meets the eye...is there?

Anyway...looking forward to meeting you on Sunday !

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Postby guruvishwanath » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 5:16 pm

sabrina77 wrote:
You're welcome !! :lol: However, I do have a query...why start of with Draupadi...i know you did give a brief explanation about that, but somehow, I feel that there's more to it than meets the eye...is there?

Good question! The politically correct answer would be that "I hold women in high extreme and hence Draupadi being the first real feminist in such turbulent times, it was only natural to pay tribute a great woman!".

The polically incorrect answer would be "She had 5 husbands and used to spend 1 year with each. Talk about maintaining a calender!".

The real answer is "She is the key to the most defining moment of conflict between the Pandava's and Kaurava's".

My answer "I really dont know!" :lol:

See ya Sunday!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 8:09 pm

EB,

Are you joining for Annalakshmi lunch on Sunday? Been a while since we met. :P

psychedelic
Regular
Regular

Postby psychedelic » Thu, 04 Aug 2005 9:01 pm

EB wrote:
sapphire wrote:Infamous sapphire????? What did I do to deserve that? :(

I logged on after a long while the other day and read a lot of things you had to say in nearly every forum i went into!! See that you've made quite a name for yourself!! ha ha. Wont say anymore except your new avatar suits you!! :D

Psy, Ind babe - i am well...traveling like crazy, but hopefully it will end soon! May have to go to India later this month for work...you guys remember what a disgrace I am to all indian right??!! :roll:

Hi EB,

You are not a disgrace to all Indians...
Will you be joining us on Sunday ?
Charm is a way of getting the answer yes without asking a clear question.

earth2873

hi

Postby earth2873 » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:24 pm

This is earth2873...can I join you guys for Annalakshmi on sunday ??

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby metroguy » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:25 pm

Hi Earth,

You are more than welcome. Please join us.

earth2873

Thanks Metroguy

Postby earth2873 » Fri, 05 Aug 2005 12:30 pm

I'll be bringing 3 more with me (husband and my two kids). I hope that's ok too...