Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 09 Jun 2005 8:18 pm

aww Ind babe, u didnt go to india at all? guess what, i'm going next month. :P
good to read a positive review of 'Vishwa Vinayak' from u. i'm looking forward to it. although i'm not into SPB or shankar mahadevan. basically, going for the dance performance.

vidia, which show on sunday are u thinking of? we actually made the effort to go to bedok and watch B&B, so dont have cd. but i did buy a cd of 'Black' today. can lend u that one. 'mad' is also done with Page 3, so u have that to watch too. too bad your dvd player is giving u problems!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

vidia
Regular
Regular

Parineeta

Post by vidia » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:43 am

Yeah, late Sunday pm would be fine. They haven't posted times yet - it opens today but the first time is 6.30 pm. I'll check tomorrow if they have another time like 3.30 pm. If not, will 6.30 work for you guys? So far it's Sapph, Ind Babe and me - anyone else? IB, if you want, you can pm your email address, or I'll just keep posting on this thread.

Sapph - thanks - would love to borrow Page 3. Have seen Black, liked it even though it was a lot like Miracle Worker at the beginning, but agree the little girl was excellent!

AK

Post by AK » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:32 pm

sabrina77 wrote:I'm interested ! I'm interested !!!! :lol:

Sapphire...in another thread u had mentioned that you were calling those guys up to find out more ...and if we can just land up there....any luck?

but, if we still do need to pay 100$ for the ticket, then its really too high for me to join.
Sab, see thread. Pay as u wish.. so ..whatever yr pocket and purse feel ok with... cool!

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic20343.html

tips
Regular
Regular

parineeta

Post by tips » Fri, 10 Jun 2005 1:53 pm

hey ind babe

i am new in the country from Canada. Indian by birth. wish to know people here. enjoy indian movies.

would like to join you all for parineeta on sunday...

tips

hyderabad_ramu

i like male friendship

Post by hyderabad_ramu » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 1:10 am

hi i like male friendship,singapore indian friends contact me

suresh_nani1

hi friends

Post by suresh_nani1 » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 1:14 am

hi friends
this is suresh from india ,now in singapore
i love male friendship
23/m/
if u r interested my friendship message any indian males in singapore ,love friendship contact me

indicco

cricket team

Post by indicco » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 1:34 am

Hi all, if any body can just throw the ball and hit the ball, then u r the
chose one ;) guess what ? Cricket player.... we are planning for an expat
team check this thread

http://www.singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic20326.html

Hey, Indbabe , metroguy, r u guys interested ?

--- Indicco

Re: cricket team

Post by Guest » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 12:38 pm

indicco wrote:
Hey, Indbabe , metroguy, r u guys interested ?

--- Indicco
I inteneded to ask Indi Lens, & metroguy and not Indbabe ;) sorry for the
typo error

:) indicco

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 1:05 pm

Hey Indicco,

Not my cup of tea! I'd love to watch cricket, but playing is another story altogether!

You guys enjoy!
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Re: parineeta

Post by mad » Sat, 11 Jun 2005 5:46 pm

hey tips,

Welcome to Singapore, i'm sure you will enjoy your stay here :P

Which part of Canada are you from?
tips wrote:hey ind babe

i am new in the country from Canada. Indian by birth. wish to know people here. enjoy indian movies.

would like to join you all for parineeta on sunday...

tips

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 8:21 pm

saif was impressive eh? name of that actress was vidya balan, doesnt sound bengali to me though.

vidia, did u find that thread? :wink:
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

toxictanktops

Post by toxictanktops » Sun, 12 Jun 2005 9:47 pm

sapphire wrote:saif was impressive eh? name of that actress was vidya balan, doesnt sound bengali to me though.

Hey sapph, did you guys catch Parineeta? I was deciding b/w Saif and Pitt/Jolie for this weekend, and P/J won :)

You married folks should give Mr. and Mrs. Smith a try... apparently the director intends it to be an allegory for marriage :lol: Quite entertaining....

BTW if I'm not wrong, I read somewhere that Vidya Balan is a Tamilian from Kerala or vice versa... she's certainly not Bong.

Hope all ya guys had a good weekend!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 1:24 pm

toxictanktops wrote:
sapphire wrote:saif was impressive eh? name of that actress was vidya balan, doesnt sound bengali to me though.

Hey sapph, did you guys catch Parineeta? I was deciding b/w Saif and Pitt/Jolie for this weekend, and P/J won :)

You married folks should give Mr. and Mrs. Smith a try... apparently the director intends it to be an allegory for marriage :lol: Quite entertaining....

BTW if I'm not wrong, I read somewhere that Vidya Balan is a Tamilian from Kerala or vice versa... she's certainly not Bong.

Hope all ya guys had a good weekend!
lol @ u married folks! i did want to see Mr. and Mrs. Smith, but the show was sold out. watched Monster-in-law instead, average movie as expected. 'Parineeta' wasnt bad, quite decent. Vidia, Ind babe, tips and I watched it together. u should have joined us...

tips
Regular
Regular

Post by tips » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 1:25 pm

Parineeta was good but it was not a bong soceity based movie....it was quite old maru i must say

it is good knowin the actress' name whose actign was quite well done...but must say tat saif was superb

tips

Ind Babe
Regular
Regular

Post by Ind Babe » Mon, 13 Jun 2005 1:33 pm

Hey All
So she's actually a Tam/Keralite.....I was pretty certain she was a Bong....hhmm...well, dont know why? But looks like there are other Tams who pass off as Bongs as well :wink:

Saif was very good, couldnt believe it was him, he's really grown up as an actor, anyone remember those days when he used to have long hair, acted really funny and looked so effeminate? Guess his looks are partly because he looks a lot like his mom. :lol: I think this lady Vidya Balan was outstanding, especially considering its her film debut!

Toxic, heard the Pitt-Jolie chemistry is just too good.....true?? Hopefully should make it the coming weekend.
One life - live it!