Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Ind Babe

Here's mine!

Post by Ind Babe » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 4:43 pm

Hey people.....
Im sorry for having disappeared from the scene after having suggested the 'brief intro', was buried in work!
Well, Im from Delhi but speak Tamil among other languages like Hindi, Gujrati, understand Punjabi well (as was brought up in Delhi) and can manage a smattering of Kannada and Telugu!
Im 26, female, married, an MBA and work in IT marketing in Sing.
My interests are dance (of all varieties), cooking (Indian food), travelling (am currently exploring the region with hubby, only on long weekends though :cry: ), movies ( a raving Hindi movie buff, but watch a lot of English ones as well) and reading. I love meeting up with people and so am looking forward to meeting u guys.
BTW, Sapphire, Vidia and Sabrina, Ill wait for u guys to explore the WNDC (in case u land up there, that is), take ur opinion and then join u guys. :wink: Im ok with meeting on the weekend, weekdays are tough!

Cheers! :D

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 20 Apr 2005 6:36 pm

i cant make it to WNDC tonite, got alternate plans, so u'll have to wait for my opinion a little while longer :D

another movie buff eh? i always feel lazy going to bedok, so miss out on hindi movies, but keep buying cds. only movie i watched in bedok was Yuva, had forgotten how long hindi movies are! although loved the movie.

we stay pretty close to orchard road, so get to watch a lot of english movies. i do miss all the filmi gossip, and bumping into movie stars which was often in bombay :D i will make an exception for that aamir khan movie though, supposed to release in june in india.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 9:33 am

Hi Sapphire,

You can try Causeway Point at Woodlands, they show hindi movies as well :D

What are the latest cds you have? Would you like to exchange? :P

cheers

m
sapphire wrote:i cant make it to WNDC tonite, got alternate plans, so u'll have to wait for my opinion a little while longer :D

another movie buff eh? i always feel lazy going to bedok, so miss out on hindi movies, but keep buying cds. only movie i watched in bedok was Yuva, had forgotten how long hindi movies are! although loved the movie.

we stay pretty close to orchard road, so get to watch a lot of english movies. i do miss all the filmi gossip, and bumping into movie stars which was often in bombay :D i will make an exception for that aamir khan movie though, supposed to release in june in india.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:54 am

hey mad, i didnt know abt causeway point, but isnt it cheaper and more convenient to just buy a cd? most hindi movies arent worth watching on the big screen, lol.

Last cd i bought was 'Page 3'. have u seen it? i quite liked it.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 1:34 pm

Yes it's cheaper to buy the cds, but sometimes going to the movies is a lot more fun :P

Nopes i haven't seen that one, the latest i saw was "Lucky" :P

cheers

m

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 1:45 pm

oh was it any good? i really dont care for salman's movies too much. so what cds do u have? i dont mind exchanging cds, as long as u arent some sleazebag hehehe, u know how it is online! besides if u are one, my hubby can land a few good punches :lol:

and yes it is more fun to go watch movies, we do watch a lot of english movies coz its closer to home.

Ind babe

Movie me!

Post by Ind babe » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 3:48 pm

Hey sapphire
Oh yes, Im quite the movie buff....have to admit I am a bit out of touch after Ive moved to Sing....But u know what, even I stay close to Orchard, so we end up watching many more English movies than Hindi ones as well.
I am also of the school of thought that movies are fun when watched at the theatre. Im also looking forward to the Amir Khan movie, if Im not wrong, its about the revolt of 1857, should be good fun!!! Well, with Amir Khan, it has to be fun, anyways :wink:
If you stay close to Orchard, well, why dont we meet up (we come back to the original topic again....he he he) :lol:

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 4:58 pm

Indbabe, about time u became a registered user here. sure, lets meet up, u better be a babe and not IndDude! :lol: i'm free this weekend...pm me if u like, but hey, u can do that only if u register!

vidia
Regular
Regular

Post by vidia » Thu, 21 Apr 2005 10:34 pm

I too am looking forward to The Rising (the Aamir/ Rani movie).

For those asking about Lucky, I liked it and it is better than your average Salman flick. Dishum kept to realistic amount and music is good.

As for the WNDC, it was nice to meet some of the posters here and put faces (and real names) to 'names'!

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:23 am

Hey Sapphire,

The lastest one i have is "Hum Tum", which i personally think is one of Saif & Rani' s best movie so far :D . Have you seen it?

Sleazebag, me? :oops:

I'm sure i'm no match for your hubby's punches :wink:

cheers

m
sapphire wrote:so what cds do u have? i dont mind exchanging cds, as long as u arent some sleazebag hehehe, u know how it is online! besides if u are one, my hubby can land a few good punches :lol:

and yes it is more fun to go watch movies, we do watch a lot of english movies coz its closer to home.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 12:08 pm

hey mad,

darn, i've seen hum tum, yep its a good one. well, if u want page3, let me know.

and vidia, nice to know u had a good time at the WNDC, and thanks for the name The Rising, for the life of me, i couldnt remember the name! aamir khan is the best! thats one movie i WILL go watch on the big screen, hope it wont be disappointing. looking forward to another movie, bunty aur babli starring abhishek and rani mukherjee, should be decent. after 'Yuva', i'm now abhishek's fan, the boy can act! surprise :lol:

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 1:10 pm

True....I've become an Abhishek fan after watching Yuva as well and it just added after watching Phir Milenge.....he sure is a chip off the old bloc.

Waiting for Bunty & Bubli too and of course, Sarkar !!!! :lol:

toxictanktops

Post by toxictanktops » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 2:09 pm

sabrina/vidia/indbabe/all the other girls on this thread...

Do you guys want to meet up some time? This thread has been going on for pages now :D

Abt me - F, 24, grad student at local uni, have been in SG for a few years now. Originally from south India, but I've not really spent much time in India, unfortunately :S

PM me and we can meet up - how about watching a movie over the weekend or some time next week or so...Since most of you have watched Lucky, I guess that's out. How about Beauty Shop? It's a chick flick, and my house mate told me it's real cute. Perhaps once we get to know one another, we can all gatecrash the WNDC! :D

sameul

anybody interested in attending vedantic talk

Post by sameul » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 3:29 pm

if u r looking for happiness, still not found..... then pls think
am i looking happiness in the wrong places.
people look for happiness, in the marriage
people look for happines, in money
people look for happiness, in work.
is true happiness outside or within us

if u have still not found the answer, its time to hear what our vedanta scriptures reveal.
hear swami suddananda as he explains with jovial, mind boggling day to day examples
to make us understand where true happines exist.

admission is free,
topic: happiness, now and here
venue: civil service college auditorium (near buona vista MRT)
date : 28,29, 30 apr, 1,2 may (5 days)
time: 7.30pm - 9pm daily
* this is not a religious talk.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 22 Apr 2005 4:17 pm

damn, if i start asking myself so many questions abt happiness, i sure will get miserable :lol:

thanks but no thanks samuel...