Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Post by guruvishwanath » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 4:28 pm

Ahhh! Travelling...... This year it has been a far more controlled travels. 2002 was the worst! Out of 52 weeks in a year, I spent only 8 weekends in Singapore. The rest of the time I was out. People soon started forgetting me and I was going to :cry:

Thought a change of job would help. Although travelling has not reduced, its more controlled. And yes, Shirllin at least for some of us (permit to generalise here), travelling is part of the job.

I think I can find my way in Changi T2, KL, Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta, HK airports with my eyes closed. Want a good massage, then check out the massage chair in T2 by Osim or the massage centers in BKK airport, old school shoe polish and feet massage in Manila is another thing to look forward to.

But then I usually stick myself in the lounge.

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquarian » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:44 pm

sapphire wrote:Metroguy, have fun at home, eat all the good food for me.

Sabrina, will check out the chaats if I ever go to that part of town, pretty unlikely.

Shirllin, not sure since how long vidia has been watching Hindi movies, but she has watched LOTS!! Far more than I would ever. :D

Psy, hubby will also be in Shanghai next week, maybe you two can hook up there. When exactly will you be there?
sapphire:psy will be in shanghai from mon-thur next week.

hey guys lets meet up, this weekend. Is anybody planning for the AR rehman show. ?

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:48 pm

guruvishwanath wrote:I think I can find my way in Changi T2, KL, Bangkok, Manila, Jakarta, HK airports with my eyes closed. Want a good massage, then check out the massage chair in T2 by Osim or the massage centers in BKK airport, old school shoe polish and feet massage in Manila is another thing to look forward to.

But then I usually stick myself in the lounge.
Dear Guru,

You really have a sense of humour :D ......finding your way with your eyes close.....So what do you do for a living? Hope to see you in one of the gatherings soon....

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquarian » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 8:50 pm

shirllin wrote:
vidia wrote:Wa, wa! Way to go Shirrlin! As for me, after a year of watching BW I can useful things like "tere kurti sexy lagti hai!" and "mere tumse pyar kartar!" (sp? grammar?)

ps tiramisu cake sounds FAB! When's the next party?!!
Dear Vidia,

Are you a Singaporean chinese? So how long have you been watching hindi films?
hi shirlin : looking forward to meet u. vidia has watched more than 80 hindi movies. u can get update of film industry from her, in fact she was the first to tell me abt breakup of karishma's marraige

vidia
Regular
Regular

Post by vidia » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 9:05 pm

Ha, ha! BW-addict, mea culpa!

Aqua - I can't this weekend - have a business trip all through next weekend. How's your job search/ day trading?

I'm still hoping Ind Babe and Ind Hubby can join me for ARR!

guruvishwanath
Chatter
Chatter

Post by guruvishwanath » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 9:48 pm

Do you know what makes you realize from time to time that you are a pukka desi? When the first thought that comes to your head is "how do i wangle a free ticket to anything?". Let's face it. You can take an Indian out of India but damn if you can take the India out of him. :lol:

So when I first heard of ARR concert, I was like "whoa! 500$ for a ticket". You have got to be jerking my chain. Then you get a call which changes things. When you agree to play host to one of the performers for a couple of days, your head is working on a "reasonable decent game plan which will not make you look like a freeby garnening mooch head", you are suddenly like "whoa! ARR concert must be hot for prices to be that high". :lol:

Honetly, I have never attended a desi concert before and I think despite my vieled attempt to mooch a free spot, I am actually considering buying a ticket. So by next week, I will know my travel plans for the month and if I am able to juggle and fit in this concert, then I would love it. And if anyone else is having similar plans, then do let me know or include me.

FYI, the performer told me that this is a very unusual show with lots of pizzaz, lights etc. Unlike any that has been put together by an Indian composer and the singers are all top notch (Udit Narayan, Karthik etc.).

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Wed, 31 Aug 2005 10:35 pm

Dear Aquarian,

Yup....hope to meet you soon too.....I hope that the gathering will be held soon enough as I see from the messages that a few are flying away next week again.....hoping that I could meet most of you.....and then all of you can try my tiramisu and give me some feedback..... :D

God Bless,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

megha
Reporter
Reporter

Hello everyone

Post by megha » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:50 am

Hi
Havent come on this site long time...thot i shd say hello to all u guys. We shd meet again.

Hey, metroguy, congrats, holding your baby (specially the first few months) is a heavenly feeling!! Enjoy it!!

metroguy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by metroguy » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 12:55 pm

Hi Megha,

Thank you. Looking forward to enjoying that heavenly feeling. just a few hours to go..I'll be on the way.. catch up with you guys when I'm back.
It's in my blood. B(e) Positive.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 5:51 pm

I missed the Annalakshmi outing, anyone up for lunch this Sunday?

Sab, did you get lucky with Indi's ticket?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 01 Sep 2005 11:55 pm

Ok no response, so forget about the Sunday lunch. Some other time... :)
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

genn

You don't need any money to start making money online!

Post by genn » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 2:42 am

YOU DON'T NEED ANY CAPITAL OR MONEY INVOLVEMENT TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE!

Do you believe?

If you don't, then you might have missed out some money making opportunities!

With the latest trend, you can start making money online without any need of money to generate more money!

To find out more, select any of the websites below:
https://www.quickinfo247.com/9062889/free
http://www32.websamba.com/online_shopping

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 9:23 am

[quote="sapphire"]I missed the Annalakshmi outing, anyone up for lunch this Sunday?

Sab, did you get lucky with Indi's ticket?[/quote

Actually, no...did not even try as I was anyway arm twisting Indi to joining us especially since his program got cancelled. The minute he heard that tickets were already booked, he was jumping with joy :roll:

Sunday lunch....is it on????

mad
Chatter
Chatter

Post by mad » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:14 am

Sapphire,

What the plan like now? Will you be cooking that chicken curry again :P Hmm yummy

cheers

mad
sapphire wrote:
vidia wrote:Wa, wa! Way to go Shirrlin! As for me, after a year of watching BW I can useful things like "tere kurti sexy lagti hai!" and "mere tumse pyar kartar!" (sp? grammar?)

ps tiramisu cake sounds FAB! When's the next party?!!
Lol, for a Chinese, you aren't doing too bad vidia. :wink:

Will plan something soon.. if hubby manages to stay in town at all! This time at my place. Although, I distinctly remember Psy had offered too. Now of course he's MIA. :roll:

Shirllin, don't worry, the objective is to meet and not to evaluate each other's cooking skills. If it helps, I hate cooking!
- Other people's opinion of you does not have to become your reality -

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 02 Sep 2005 4:08 pm

Hmm...'mad' do I look stupid? You know I detest cooking! But, just for you I'll slog in the hellhole again. But not the same chicken curry, maybe this time with spinach. I do manage to make a decent dish out of that recipe. So, what do I get in return? :P

Sabrina, didn't hear from you guys so I made alternate plans for Sunday. See ya later on Sunday evening. Tell Indi, he's going to miss out on a good thing. Mamata Shankar's troupe is really good.