Singapore Expats

Looking for indian friends

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquarian » Tue, 06 Sep 2005 6:08 pm

oh god .. guess what , i am going to miss this one.

we r planning to go to thailand this 17th.. psy is on official trip, iam planning to join him since i don't want him to spend his birthday alone.

will miss all the special dishes ...vegee dishes wow rajma, pulao... :P & especially the tiramusi & those freshly made garlic breads,i always wanted to learn. whenever i try to make to garlic bread it does not turn out well

indbabe: whether its hot or cold.... i miss delhi a lot yaar.

enjoy guys..and don't forget to send pics

Post by Guest » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 7:15 am

Dear Aqua,

It's ok....give him a good surprise visit? Same as Mad.....a good of the frozen tiramisuwill be made for u n spouse the next time round(that is if everyone likes it and causes no diarrahea :D ).....Safe journey...

God Bless,
Shirllin

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 10:57 am

Dears,

Wishing you a Happy & Festive Ganesh Chaturthi ! May Lord Ganesh bestow His Blessings on all of you and remove any obstacles that come your way !

Really miss all the festivities of this occassion back home... :( All the sweets and other goodies prepared by Mom...and not to forget a day off from work !!!!

Take care !

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:01 pm

Thanks for the wishes sabrina and same to you. How do you remember all these festivals???? Bombay must be going crazy, the Ganesh fans!
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:08 pm

Thanks Sapphire...I remember these festivals b'coz both my mom and mom-in-law keep reminding me everytime I speak to them !!!! :wink:

Actually, we also do a small puja at home for these festivals, hence try to make it a point to remember....

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:09 pm

Ganpati Bappa Maurya! Purcha varshi lavkarya! :D
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sabrina77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by sabrina77 » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 2:52 pm

Yes indeed ! :D Purcha varshi laukariya !

Psy & Aqua - we are gonna miss you guys on the 17th. Anyway, I'm sure you'll have a nice romantic weekend in the land of the Thais !!!! :wink:

Aquarian
Regular
Regular

Post by Aquarian » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 3:32 pm

May Lord Ganesh Bring GoodLuck & Prosperity" Happy Ganesh Chaturthi" to all.

i do miss those modak and laddus which are prepared for the day
And guys don't forget to pray today especially between 7.15-8.15 pm -(sing time-considered to be the pooja timing) for today.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Wed, 07 Sep 2005 4:51 pm

I didn't know you people were into Ganesh puja. I'm going to find out about Durga puja here, wonder what its like over here. Did see a lot of Bongs at the Mamata Shankar event.

vanda11

durga pooja

Post by vanda11 » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 8:34 am

Hi Sapphire,

Yes there is durga pooja held every year , i think always held at Khalsa Club. I do have a bengali friend who mentioned about it.

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:59 am

Thanks vanda. :)

vanda11

meeting up on sat

Post by vanda11 » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 1:03 pm

is there any plan to meet up this sat?

chris_st

Events around

Post by chris_st » Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:11 pm

Hi all,

seems lots event going on around singapore this month such quindam, chinness latern and rahman's third dimensional tour.

Is there any one plan to go one of above events or any other events ..?

Cheers

Chris

shirllin
Regular
Regular

Post by shirllin » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:27 am

HI All,

I just came back Malaysia......my parents bought me many mooncakes....do u all want them? If yes...I will bring along for the potluck as well.....

Regards,
Shirllin
"Chains of habit are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken."
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Post by sapphire » Fri, 09 Sep 2005 9:52 am

Tiramisu, cheesecake, garlic bread, mooncakes...girl, slow down! :o
You can bring anything you like, it really is up to you. More importantly, don't forget to bring yourself though! :D