Singapore Expats

Hair rebonding - Any good places in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 4:34 pm

did you do the keratin blowout or regular rebonding ?
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scheam89

Post by scheam89 » Wed, 02 Mar 2011 9:47 pm

i dont know what exactly it is called i didnt ask. i just went there told him i wanted it short and also rebonded due to my wavy hair. so he did it.
it was done well and very fast cause i have sit for rebonding before and it took like 8 hrs but i think those people just left me and forgot about me.
but this place quest is good.

maca

Post by maca » Wed, 16 Mar 2011 12:14 am

I just had brazilian Blow out at bukit timah Plaza Level two at the new salon LTD Editions hair.com she has been getting some fab reviews her prices are fantastic compare to what i have paid at Le papillon i vewed her stuff to make sure it was the real thing and paid 200 less than Le Papillon LOVE IT so thrilled and a great very help ful new Zealander she is...

vistula

Post by vistula » Sat, 19 Mar 2011 6:13 pm

maca wrote:I just had brazilian Blow out at bukit timah Plaza Level two at the new salon LTD Editions hair.com she has been getting some fab reviews her prices are fantastic compare to what i have paid at Le papillon i vewed her stuff to make sure it was the real thing and paid 200 less than Le Papillon LOVE IT so thrilled and a great very help ful new Zealander she is...
You MUST be doing makreting for the salon. ALL hair related posts are replied in the same manner by you. YOU HV BEEN CAUGHT

Sunwiz2011

Post by Sunwiz2011 » Sun, 20 Mar 2011 11:22 pm

Kimage is good for rebonding. The effect is long lasting...well at least for me. But if you want really really straight hair then you should only rebond after you have kept your hair long enough.

surreymum

Post by surreymum » Wed, 30 Mar 2011 12:10 am

I also use Alvin at Trimmings for rebonding, colouring and cutting, and people are always complementing my hair. I used to go to Sabune Cabane in Tanglin Mall, but finally got tired of the high prices, expensive parking and the fact that my stylist never listened to what I wanted!! My only gripe is they don't serve coffee (OMG) but The Pantry in Loewen Gardens will deliver one to you if needed.

I have also tried the Kiwi lady from Bukit Timah Plaza in an emergency, and I'm afraid to say, lovely as she was, the blow dry she gave me was a shocker which my 10 year old could have done better! How can you screw up a blow out on rebonded hair?? I looked like I had been plugged into an electric socket.

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:14 am

surreymum wrote:

I have also tried the Kiwi lady from Bukit Timah Plaza in an emergency, and I'm afraid to say, lovely as she was, the blow dry she gave me was a shocker which my 10 year old could have done better! How can you screw up a blow out on rebonded hair?? I looked like I had been plugged into an electric socket.

Its always a trying moment for me to let someone bring scissors / hair dyer/comb close to me if I am going to their saloon the first time . If some one looks at my reflection over the mirror they are sure to catch a glimpse of the growing panic in my eyes... But usually you can tell a good hairstylist in about 5 minutes from the way they handle your hair.... It only then when my heart beat taps back to normal! Can’t help it !- who wants to go around with a messed up hair cut/hair color for weeks!!
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

floss41

Brazilian blow out

Post by floss41 » Sun, 03 Apr 2011 6:17 pm

Hi I have had the Brazilian blow out and with original product along with some really nice highlights and low lights from LTD editions Bukit timah plaza level 2 a kiwi girl really nice and she did a fabulous job on my hair best hairdresssr I have found in the 11 yrs I have been in Singapore. Another happy customer I took advice from other people from here also she on Russian expat and dutch expat site with excellent review.

lavendar

Post by lavendar » Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:35 am

I visit a lady stylist at her home salon at Hougang. She is very experienced as she does rebonding and colouring work almost everyday for years. Mine was silky smooth, straight and long lasting for months. And its very cheap, below $100 for bra length hair with treatment. All done in 2 to 3 hours. Let me know if you want her contact.

mitchikho

Cheaper Brazilian Blowout

Post by mitchikho » Mon, 30 May 2011 2:53 pm

Hello,

Where can I find a cheaper brazilian blowout in Singpaore? Is a DIY recommended? Can I just buy online and ask an expert to do it for me instead? Can you recommend anyone who knows how to do this? Tnx.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 15 Jun 2011 10:30 am

Tina1980's last post on this thread before she tried deleting all of her posts......
mitchikho wrote:
Hello,

Where can I find a cheaper brazilian blowout in Singpaore? Is a DIY recommended? Can I just buy online and ask an expert to do it for me instead? Can you recommend anyone who knows how to do this? Tnx.

Don't think DIY is recommended but probably an expert can help if you get the products online - Haven't tried it myself. Since this is going to be what your hair looks like for the next few months I'd rather go with professional help ...And the cheapest I have got so far is at " Trimmings " Loewen garden for 350SGD . If you have shoulder length hair "Le Papillon" should also be similarly priced ,,,,,,,
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

joemy123

Post by joemy123 » Fri, 01 Jul 2011 10:22 am

Definitely ask or do a search before you commit so you know what you're putting on your hair. Hope you love it as much as I do!

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Fri, 15 Jul 2011 6:39 pm

I also went to the Bukit Timah plaza stylist Jane for a brazilian blowout and HIGHLY recommend the salon. She uses a good reputable product unlike the other salons in Singapore which use rebond and sell it like it is a brazilian blowout.

karenlim

Best Rebonding

Post by karenlim » Mon, 06 Aug 2012 2:12 pm

This is just a heads up to those who are searching for the best rebonding outcome in Singapore. In my opinion, I realised that rebonding is not an easy task to handle. It entails a lengthy duration and the after-rebond complication (unruly damaged hair), if the rebond is not properly done. Only a person who understand the true nature of the hair texture would understand such complication.

Having said that, like every female, I went googling online in search of my rebonding quest. I stumbled across a few articles that mentioned about a particular salon in Tampines blk 139 called Invogue Hair and Beauty Salon.

Braving myself, I decided to entrust my head to them. Given the fact that they are considered as many "neighborhood salon" send chills running down my spine. Oh well, nothing beats the old saying, never judge a book by its cover. In this instance, it's the outcome that matters. I would have to say that their rebonding quality has to be quite apparent if bloggers blogs about them.

From the decor, the salon doesn't seem to blend in too well with it peers. Decor was inviting, classy, clean and gorgeously Tiffany (turquoise colored branding). Have to say the only one that stood out in that area. Eventually I decided to give it a try. After much anticipation. The result is undoubtedly impressive! I really love the outcome, hair texture is silky smooth and straight. Thanks team Invogue for job well done! Will definitely visit you all again for your wonderful and humble service. For those who is interested, you can check out their Facebook at Invogue Singapore for more details. Highly recommended:)
Love yourself for who you are and not for who others want you to be

katok

Brazilian blowout

Post by katok » Thu, 31 Jan 2013 12:42 am

Hi all,

I have done brazilian blowout today at Papillion and I am very happy with it! I was a bit scared and stressed since I was worried about the procedure and hair damage...but everything wet super well! my hair looks great. it is soft, shiny and not curly at all. I did not have curly hair at all in Europe but when I moved to Singapore this problem appeared. I paid 400 sgd which is a bit expensive, plus shampoo, oil and after shampoo for 180 but I will be able to use it for 4 months so it was one time investment. The owner of Papillion is a nice person. he is friendly and to my opinion he is good in what he does. He worked as hairdresser for 25 years and he knows what he talks about. I dont regret to pay so much and I will do it again in 6 months...I have tried one hairdresser in somerset but was dissapointed bcs I just wanted to cut ends..and she cut like 5 sm! I am still upset..but with brazilian blowout my hairs looks long ;)