Singapore Expats

Hair rebonding - Any good places in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
canadianpursegirl

I love Le Papillion

Post by canadianpursegirl » Thu, 30 Sep 2010 8:02 pm

I am not associated with the salon at all - I'm a teacher at an International School here, and please contact me if you dispute my motives.
Now, if you're like me and searching for:
1. Great, I mean nice creamy buttery blonde high lights
2. A stylish cut
3. Straight, frizz free hair

Then Le Papillion is for you. But, ladies - be realistic, yes the Brazilian Blowout will straighten your hair but it's not a miracle worker. I'm just happy that I can go out for a night without turning into cavewomen hair (no crazy frizz).

I've always been EXTREMELY happy whenever I've left the salon. Also, take note - he works alone and has a huge clientele that demand his time, if you book on a Saturday, he's going to have the place full. As, most salons in town will. If you want a more one on one experience go during the week. He always accommodates me.

:)

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Sun, 03 Oct 2010 1:42 pm

You should all also be aware AND DEMAND to see what ingredients are in the Brazilian blowout offered at Le Papillon, did you know that the product they use contains anywhere between 8% and 10% of formaldehyde, which is known to cause certain types of cancer??

canadianpursegirl

formaldehyde/keratin

Post by canadianpursegirl » Mon, 04 Oct 2010 11:28 am

I've asked Cedric and he's reasurred me that his product is Keratin. However, it is buyer beware and if it's an issue for you, check the bottle. Ask to see the package.

I've been doing the 'Brazilian' now, for 2 years. I have 'squirrly' hair. Neither curly nor straight, just sort of frizzy and not very nice. Yet, now it's lovely. After having the treatment done again, (4th time). My hair is wash and wear. But, my hair is short...when it was longer it did require a blow dry for super straightness.

Hope this helps anybody considering going to Le Papillion.

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:22 am

I wasnt aware that he works alone until I went there and no reason why as a consumer and after lightening your purse about 500$ you would expect a certain standard of Service - I am not saying it was a bad job just not a good enough job for me - Mine was all hurried and my hair cut not really commendable- afterall he spent about 5 minutes on that.

I did happen to mention that I was looking for highlights but that was before cedric decided to give me a haircut - and after 5 minutes of cutting my hair he said that he would even it out when i come for the highlights- now thats not fair is it - anyway I was there on a weekday :)

Anyway it could be perception based but as a customer I expected a little more
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grace2011

My horrible experience in Hair N** Studio!

Post by grace2011 » Thu, 13 Jan 2011 5:08 pm

Hi Babes!

I wish to share with you guys my recent bad experience in this studio, which is strongly not recommend go.

Few weeks ago, I bought a rebonding promotional voucher online. Since the salon offered a $68 service from the usual $170, I thought it was a good deal for me to try out even though this is my first time going.
When I got to the salon, Hair Nox Studio located at High Street Centre on a Saturaday, 8th Jan 2011, I felt that the studio look no different from any normal salon in terms of appearance and decorations. However, service has nothing to do with appearance so i brushed off my doubts.

When I entered the studio, there is only 1 guy, Kef Tan, handling 2 customers at the same time, and a middle aged lady who is known as the owner of the place. No one attended to me. Finally when the lady showed me the seats, she explained how her staffs refused to come to work. What management! Then she started complaining how much loss she made for putting up the promotion online. I was thinking if anyone want to complain then don’t do it in the first place! :shock:

After a while, the male hairdresser came to me. He washed my hair and after looking at the condition of my hair, he asked if I wanted to “trim the fizzy ends of my hair”

LirenNeo

Post by LirenNeo » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:32 am

Hey grace. Feel so sorry for you about your bad experience.

Well, here's a tip for you. I always search online forums or their website to see the feebacks or reviews by the public. Make sure they're really good reviews. I always do that :)

I think you're really careful about salon visits alrready right? Haha. Anyway, it's their fault too. A trim means cutting a little. And usually it is for free since you're seeking their rebonding services if it's just a trim.

Hope your hair is fine!

LirenNeo

Post by LirenNeo » Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:34 am

Anyway, I go to a home-based salon at AMK. It's called Hair Affairs. Her charges are quite reasonable. $68 for all hair length which comes with free treatment.

She's very friendly too. :)

hunnydarling

Post by hunnydarling » Sat, 05 Feb 2011 2:25 am

LirenNeo wrote:Anyway, I go to a home-based salon at AMK. It's called Hair Affairs. Her charges are quite reasonable. $68 for all hair length which comes with free treatment.

She's very friendly too. :)

Girl, i made this account just to ask you where in amk did you had your hair done baby?? lol... am dead serious about this as i really need a touch up right now... :(

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Mon, 07 Feb 2011 9:57 am

Has anyone been to this place called Trimmings @ Loewen Gardens for any of the hair treatments - i am planning to get the Brazilian blow out again and was wondering if anyone had anything to share !
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ree

Post by ree » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:16 pm

hello people. i've been a silent reader of this interesting thread and also a victim of frizzy damaged hair due to the countless rebonding i've done. i'm just wondering, beside Le Papillon, Visage and Next, is there any other salons providing this treatment? i've heard of trimmings and kimage too but not too sure if they are good.

thanks!

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:20 pm

I wud be too !!!

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 08 Feb 2011 12:29 pm

And does anyone know the charges @ visage for the brazilian keratin treatment ?
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Thu, 17 Feb 2011 10:35 am

Booked an appointment with Trimmings at Loewen Gardens for the keratin treatment next week !!

Watch this space for reviews!!!!!
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:13 pm

Got my hair frizz free again at the "Trimmings" at Loewen Garden last Thursday -I must say it was definitely worth the 350 $ I paid when compared to le papillion .The Service was great and Alvin was good at what he did - there was a little painful hair tugging by his assistant but I guess looking at how great my hair looks I could easily forget that .

Happy that they charged me what they quoted unlike so many other places who later add in tax , 30 $ for a wash and all that !

Wud definitely go back !
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scheam89

Post by scheam89 » Tue, 01 Mar 2011 1:58 pm

there's a good salon called quest at raffles city shopping centre. i just got mine rebonded and cut 2 weeks ago.