Singapore Expats

Hair rebonding - Any good places in Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
tina1980
Regular
Regular

Hair rebonding - Any good places in Singapore

Post by tina1980 » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 1:13 pm

Hi All,

I know this is a topic that been lot talked about but then again here goes !!!

I've finally decided to get my Hair rebonded for the straight look - I have nice wavy hair which goes all poofy because of the humidity - So calls for desperate measures.

I'm hoping to be able to park myself at a great saloon where I will know for sure that a great job will be done (coz I so looove my hair )

Any recommendations for saloons /hair stylists?

Not looking for anything cheap but not something that'll put a very big hole in my pocket either!

Appreciate your thoughts/comments and suggestions!

cheers
Tina
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

klitz
Regular
Regular

Post by klitz » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 5:45 pm

hi,
I'm currently going to this salon, actpoint. The stylist do a great job for perming and rebonding. They have branches at orchard international building as well as beach road shaw centre.
You might like to google for the reviews as well. its a value for money salon

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 6:14 pm

Have you thought about getting a keratin treatment? I've got naturally curly hair which I used to straighten on a daily basis and the humidity here is a killer. There are a heap of different variations but I decided to get the brazilian blowout done at le papillon (the other salons I know of offering some sort of keratin treatment are visage and next at ION). All I can say is its incredible! It has pretty much completely solved my hair problems and the frizz has been banished!! The first day I washed my hair after the treatment was a rainy day and still after getting caught in the rain, no frizz! One of the best things about the blowout is that its not permanent (the only downside is the recurring cost) so you can still return to your curls if you want. It lasts 3-5 months and will gradually fade out. I'd completely recommend this for anyone trying to battle the humidity. Cedric at le papillon said he's been doing this treatment for around 6 yrs so u can rest assured he knows what he's doing! I'll def be getting it done again while I'm here in Sing. Any qu's, happy to help! Cheers.

mayali

Post by mayali » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:50 pm

Hi holly Sarah
What exactly is a keratin treatment and how much does it cost? Ive got frizzy curls too and was hoping to get something done whereby i get to keep my curls (frizz free) but be able to straighten it when i wanted as well. I had my hair rebonded once but could never curl the ends during tht time, plus they looked really flat and lifeless and my head was a disaster area as it grew out! frizzy top and poker straight ends hee hee!!!

Do you have to style yr hair everytime u wash it after getting the blowout done or can it just be wash and go?

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Sat, 07 Aug 2010 6:46 pm

Hey,

The treatment involves coating your hair with keratin and then using heat to seal it into the hair. As far as I know keratin is basically the protein that your hair is made of. Cost ranges between $350-$450 or so. I have med-long hair that just comes to around my armpits. I was quoted $400 at le papillon, but they had 15% for new customers so it worked out at $340, even better. I guess it'll depend on the length, type and thickness of your hair.

Although the brazilian blowout is a 'smoothening' rather than straightening treatment, it pretty much calms and straightens your hair if you have waves. If you have tight curls, it will relax them. Check out youtube or google it for more info and heaps of before and after pics. I only got it done 2 weeks ago so haven't tried to curl it yet but I think I could prob curl it really easily. As for being able to wash and go, that is the idea and my hairdresser said I should throw my straightener out for a few months, but I still use it for around 5-10 mins to straighten it so it looks a bit more polished. If I blow dry it after washing though it doesn't become an afro like it usually would and stays pretty much straight without any frizz- pretty incredible. I can sleep a little longer in the mornings now :) Another thing though, you won't be able to use your usual shampoo or conditioner and would have to purchase special products.

Anyhow, hope this helps! I would totally recommend it :) There's a tonne of info on the net but here's one link:

http://www.stylelist.com/2010/07/22/bra ... treatment/

Cheers :)

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks Holly !!!

Gonna go to Le Papillon soon - Any one I can look out for ?

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 9:04 pm

Hey,

Yep the treatment I got is free of formaldehyde- not 100% sure about the other keratin treatments though?? Definitely ask or do a search before you commit so you know what you're putting on your hair (and likely breathing in!).

Hope you love it as much as I do!

Cheers,
Holly

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:03 pm

Holly !

U r a life saver !

This is just what i need - though my hair is not curly the humidity does not help with my wavy hair - I have to wash and blow dry my hair everyday just to get it into a semblance of order - But this is great !!!!

Read the reviews and everyones singing glorious songs of praise !

One last thing - did the salon guys mention it to be safe ( read something abt formaldehyde ) is that a thing of the past !

holly_sarah07

Post by holly_sarah07 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 9:55 pm

As far as I know the owner works on his own :)

DINA ORAZOVAZZ

Post by DINA ORAZOVAZZ » Sun, 22 Aug 2010 10:47 pm

I been going to Le Papillon for a while and I have never encountered any problem with my hair colour as well as the Brazilian Blowout.After reading that you are unhappy with your hair in Toni and Guy and Le Papillon,I doubt you will be happy in any salon in Singapore.

moroemon

Post by moroemon » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 11:37 pm

Monso Hair Design Tokyo at Gallery Hotel is good at what they do..

May not be as cheap as you want but if you want good service and quality try it out?

tina1980
Regular
Regular

Post by tina1980 » Thu, 09 Sep 2010 9:00 pm

Well finally given the long weekend ,I decided to book an appointment at the le papilion today - I must say that I was a tad bit disappointed not to mention 500 $ poorer . The owner seems to be servicing all the clients himself.Although the fact lies that he has been doing this for a long time but it was all very rushed and I felt that my keratin treatment was being done between other people 's blow drying . He had to also leave my hair half way to work on someone else and spent abt 5 minutes cutting my hair and charged me 100$ for it -Not happy about the fact that it was done hurriedly and when he was done i could see my hair was not uniform at the back but then the owner was already gone - I wanted to get highlights as well but i doubt I will go back !As for the treatment I will have to wait until Saturday to wash !
Last edited by tina1980 on Tue, 14 Jun 2011 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Fri, 10 Sep 2010 7:07 pm

tina1980 wrote:Well finally given the long weekend ,I decided to book an appointment at the le papilion today - I must say that I was a tad bit disappointed not to mention 500 $ poorer . The owner seems to be servicing all the clients himself.Although the fact lies that he has been doing this for a long time but it was all very rushed and I felt that my keratin treatment was being done between other people 's blow drying . He had to also leave my hair half way to work on someone else and spent abt 5 minutes cutting my hair and charged me 100$ for it -Not happy about the fact that it was done hurriedly and when he was done i could see my hair was not uniform at the back but then the owner was already gone - I wanted to get highlights as well but i doubt I will go back !As for the treatment I will have to wait until Saturday to wash !
100 for a haircut is insane.

chiken_c

Post by chiken_c » Wed, 15 Sep 2010 9:41 pm

Not sure if you're open to those 'home salon'. Rebonding is only about $75 - $95. My hair length reaches my butt and I was given a pretty good rebonding job at $95 with hair treatment of around $45 only. My hair has been straight for the last 4 months.

I go to this lady in Ghim Moh Road at Buona Vista station. Her name is Anne and number is 94798201.

Benjftsai

Post by Benjftsai » Tue, 21 Sep 2010 6:58 am

Jean yip is good their hairdressers have skill and are friendly. Google their website for the outlets closest to u