Singapore Expats Forum

rejection of EP / PEP/ PR

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

Anew10
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 27 Oct 2010
Location: Singapore

Postby Anew10 » Thu, 28 Oct 2010 7:36 pm

Saint,

Do you also happen to know what happens if one can't find a job within 6 months when holding PEP?

Thank you for all your inputs.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10831
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 28 Oct 2010 8:25 pm

Anew10 wrote:Saint,

Do you also happen to know what happens if one can't find a job within 6 months when holding PEP?

Thank you for all your inputs.

Bye bye, PEP... catch next train or plane out of Singapore.

vaibhav.uprety
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed, 26 Aug 2009

Postby vaibhav.uprety » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 1:58 pm

The Singapore Govt. MOM site clearly states what category of people are not eligible to apply for PEP. (Journalist are in that restricted category) I have not faced any bias in Singapore based on race etc. , If you meet the criteria then the application is usually approved

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

* The following groups of foreigners are not eligible for the PEP:

(i) foreigners who are issued with an Employment Pass under the Sponsorship scheme. Under this scheme, their direct employers are overseas companies which do not have a Singapore-registered office/business entity;

(ii) foreigners who are working or intending to work on a free-lance basis without any direct employers in Singapore;

(iii) foreigners who are listed as Sole Proprietors, Partners or Directors in a business/company registered with ACRA and are shareholders of that business/company.

(iv) foreigners working as journalists, editors, sub-editors and producers.
MrMojoRisin

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Jun 2011 2:58 pm

That is what is published only for public consumption for people like yourself. There are other points criteria that are also looked at and those are the moveable goalposts that are adjusted as the gahmen see fit in order to maintain, correct or otherwise adjust the demographics of the resident population. If you think otherwise, you are only fooling yourself.

mtcronogue
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 12 Sep 2007
Location: Singapore
Contact:

pep being revoked

Postby mtcronogue » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 5:22 pm

Hi
I got a pep over a year ago and and I didnt realize that I am not allowed to be a business owner .
I have since rectified this, is it worth getting a lawyer to prevent this , or am i throwing good money after bad.
Thanks so much
Marie
Marie T Cronogue on 817 15212

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Feb 2012 5:51 pm

I thought this was answered yesterday...... :roll:

Mr M
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Location: Now away from SG
Contact:

WP rejected, twice and gave up.

Postby Mr M » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 12:52 pm

Well I was in a similar position, I worked in Sg as art director (CompanyA) and even took a lower pay that the market had back in 2009 (2500/mth when AD's are payed 4k mth since I was my first job in Singapore).

I left the company in Jan 2010, since a second company (CompanyB) offered me a director position, MOM rejected the application and all I had was the 90 days to leave the country letter after wp was canceled by C.A.

So C.B said ok, reject, so we will not appeal thank you good bye.

Company C offered me a job after a few later, so I was no so worried, and the WP also rejected, CC did appeal but got the finger by MOM.

I have BA In Graphic, a post grad in editorial design, and a diploma in Advertisign design, 11 years of AD (now 12).

Currently I work in San Diego, today I decided to visit Mexicali since Mx is just a few miles away.

My gf, now wife is from Sg, and we might be moving back since her family is there (yara,yara, yara). Does any one know how extended passes work? We been married for a few months only, any ideas of how MOM and ICA work with this issue?

BTW, I find it ridiculous they blame the foreigners for the mrt breaking down, here in SD is much much packed and the damn train still runs.
Your nagging has sent all our misbehavior into one small spot, a shining diamond of evil.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: WP rejected, twice and gave up.

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 1:12 pm

Mr M wrote:Well I was in a similar position, I worked in Sg as art director (CompanyA) and even took a lower pay that the market had back in 2009 (2500/mth when AD's are payed 4k mth since I was my first job in Singapore).

I left the company in Jan 2010, since a second company (CompanyB) offered me a director position, MOM rejected the application and all I had was the 90 days to leave the country letter after wp was canceled by C.A.

I'm curious as to how you got a 90 visa when ICA will only give a maximum of 30 days at the cancellation of the work visa.

So C.B said ok, reject, so we will not appeal thank you good bye.

Company C offered me a job after a few later, so I was no so worried, and the WP also rejected, CC did appeal but got the finger by MOM.

I have BA In Graphic, a post grad in editorial design, and a diploma in Advertisign design, 11 years of AD (now 12).

Currently I work in San Diego, today I decided to visit Mexicali since Mx is just a few miles away.

What does this have to do with anything? Unless you are trying to explain away why you are using an ISP than only the moderators can see anyway.....
:-k

My gf, now wife is from Sg, and we might be moving back since her family is there (yara,yara, yara). Does any one know how extended passes work? We been married for a few months only, any ideas of how MOM and ICA work with this issue?

If you are for real, you will probably only be able to get an LTVP provided you wife has a good job paying over 3K/mo. Even that won't be guaranteed as it may well be looked at as a marriage of convenience.

BTW, I find it ridiculous they blame the foreigners for the mrt breaking down, here in SD is much much packed and the damn train still runs.


BTW, I find it ridiculous you think they are blaming the foreigners for the mrt breaking down. Have to wonder where you are getting your info? Nat'l Enquirer?

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 1:32 pm

Honestly, I've never heard anything in news about foreigners being blamed for the MRT breakdowns... Only the CEO got the walk of shame, that's all I know of...

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 4:48 pm

the lynx wrote:Honestly, I've never heard anything in news about foreigners being blamed for the MRT breakdowns... Only the CEO got the walk of shame, that's all I know of...


Really?? Plenty of comments on the news story on Asia 1, Yahoo, and Facebook are from idiots that imply the overcrowding due to too many foreigners leads to trains being over capacity, thus running more trains, thus less time for maintenance, yadda-yadda... Now do people that actually have any input into how things are run believe this? Probably not.

Honestly though, locals blame EVERYTHING wrong or bad that happens on foreigners in the comments on those sections. It's almost so funny to read if it weren't so sad.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5266
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 4:54 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Honestly, I've never heard anything in news about foreigners being blamed for the MRT breakdowns... Only the CEO got the walk of shame, that's all I know of...


Really?? Plenty of comments on the news story on Asia 1, Yahoo, and Facebook are from idiots that imply the overcrowding due to too many foreigners leads to trains being over capacity, thus running more trains, thus less time for maintenance, yadda-yadda... Now do people that actually have any input into how things are run believe this? Probably not.

Honestly though, locals blame EVERYTHING wrong or bad that happens on foreigners in the comments on those sections. It's almost so funny to read if it weren't so sad.


*snort*

Wouldn't want to waste my time reading such delirious comments from idiots who can't even tell the mechanics of a train (unless I want to derive some twisted entertainment from reading them).

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Fri, 23 Mar 2012 11:13 pm

the lynx wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
the lynx wrote:Honestly, I've never heard anything in news about foreigners being blamed for the MRT breakdowns... Only the CEO got the walk of shame, that's all I know of...


Really?? Plenty of comments on the news story on Asia 1, Yahoo, and Facebook are from idiots that imply the overcrowding due to too many foreigners leads to trains being over capacity, thus running more trains, thus less time for maintenance, yadda-yadda... Now do people that actually have any input into how things are run believe this? Probably not.

Honestly though, locals blame EVERYTHING wrong or bad that happens on foreigners in the comments on those sections. It's almost so funny to read if it weren't so sad.


*snort*

Wouldn't want to waste my time reading such delirious comments from idiots who can't even tell the mechanics of a train (unless I want to derive some twisted entertainment from reading them).


I didn't say the arguments have even a semblance of logic of intelligence behind them, but I've heard them:)

Mr M
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 23 Mar 2012
Location: Now away from SG
Contact:

Mr M II

Postby Mr M » Sat, 24 Mar 2012 2:40 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Mr M wrote:Well I was in a similar position, I worked in Sg as art director (CompanyA) and even took a lower pay that the market had back in 2009 (2500/mth when AD's are payed 4k mth since I was my first job in Singapore).

I left the company in Jan 2010, since a second company (CompanyB) offered me a director position, MOM rejected the application and all I had was the 90 days to leave the country letter after wp was canceled by C.A.


I'm curious as to how you got a 90 visa when ICA will only give a maximum of 30 days at the cancellation of the work visa.


Yep 30 days, the get out letter. My mistake. I get a 90 days visitor pass. I

So C.B said ok, reject, so we will not appeal thank you good bye.

Company C offered me a job after a few later, so I was no so worried, and the WP also rejected, CC did appeal but got the finger by MOM.

I have BA In Graphic, a post grad in editorial design, and a diploma in Advertisign design, 11 years of AD (now 12).

Currently I work in San Diego, today I decided to visit Mexicali since Mx is just a few miles away.

What does this have to do with anything? Unless you are trying to explain away why you are using an ISP than only the moderators can see anyway.....
:-k
I've been 10 min under a rental with a flat tire. Middle of the highway in the middle of no where with sun blazing at 50 C, roasting like beacon, so I was just bitching.


My gf, now wife is from Sg, and we might be moving back since her family is there (yara,yara, yara). Does any one know how extended passes work? We been married for a few months only, any ideas of how MOM and ICA work with this issue?

If you are for real, you will probably only be able to get an LTVP provided you wife has a good job paying over 3K/mo. Even that won't be guaranteed as it may well be looked at as a marriage of convenience.

[color=blue]Same problem here in merry old US with the INS, so same story with ICA i guess. Six months of marriage might seem like marry to stay kinda thing.
[color]
BTW, I find it ridiculous they blame the foreigners for the mrt breaking down, here in SD is much much packed and the damn train still runs.



I heard that mrt thing from my sister in law (plus yahoo and so). Direct quote: "MRT break down so many foreigners. lah."
Funny that in NY,Mx,,Hk and India the train still runs when people are crowded in the train. But alas that is a subject for another thread.
Your nagging has sent all our misbehavior into one small spot, a shining diamond of evil.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34782
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 24 Mar 2012 8:11 am

That quote is from the proletariat idiots who blame everything on foreigners rather than admit that the trains systems were built with inferior technology because it was cheaper. Did you try reading official reports? Or do you only read things like the Nat'l Enquirer and then go around quoting it as the gospel as well?

User avatar
zzm9980
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6837
Joined: Wed, 06 Jul 2011
Location: Once more unto the breach

Postby zzm9980 » Sat, 24 Mar 2012 8:34 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:That quote is from the proletariat idiots who blame everything on foreigners rather than admit

Right, which is quite a bit of people here :)
Or do you only read things like the Nat'l Enquirer and then go around quoting it as the gospel as well?

I don't think anyone is quoting is as gospel , so much as just acknowledging they exist. Happens everywhere though. For example, look at those pushing "Intelligent" design in the US educational curriculum.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests