Singapore Expats

rejection of EP / PEP/ PR

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 3:01 pm

floydd wrote: My pass is a P2(last 2yrs);
If you were on P2 for 2 years you should have applied for PEP some time back. I am not sure if they would approve your PEP now as your EP renewal is rejected.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 3:04 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
If you were on P2 for 2 years you should have applied for PEP some time back. I am not sure if they would approve your PEP now as your EP renewal is rejected.
OP has already tried for PEP but rejected twice :wink:

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 3:07 pm

Saint wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
OP has already tried for PEP but rejected twice :wink:
sorry overlooked the thread. my fault

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 3:35 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PrissyMissy

Attention : Floydd

Post by PrissyMissy » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 8:32 am

You are the first SA we have seen on the fourm. We have currently been in NZ for just over 3 years now - and want to try Singapore (as opportunities on this side are very limited).

A little concerned with your post, would love to get info from you if you don't mind.

Could you please get in touch with us, as we cannot pm you.

[email protected]

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Attention : Floydd

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 11:55 am

PrissyMissy wrote:You are the first SA we have seen on the fourm. We have currently been in NZ for just over 3 years now - and want to try Singapore (as opportunities on this side are very limited).

A little concerned with your post, would love to get info from you if you don't mind.

Could you please get in touch with us, as we cannot pm you.

[email protected]
We've had a number of Saffars on here. You obviously haven't been here too long (the forum) either have you? 3 weeks isn't a long time.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PrissyMissy

Post by PrissyMissy » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:56 pm

Nope we have not been on the forum that long. Been reading (what feels like thousands :roll: ) of posts, but only just starting making posts.

floydd

Post by floydd » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 1:27 pm

@mad scientist - oh i know it wasn't anything dodgy!! lol! :) dun worry, i'm not looking for anything dodgy either! - but i appreciate your offer anyhow - even if it's just for advice i might take u up on it.
@prissy i got your PM and can definitely reply to you.

what is driving my and my partner insane is the MOMs complete reluctance to keep to their own timelines. they gave me a deadline then overstepped it, then gave me a 2 week extension. this has been going on for a over a month now. it's infuriating. in fact i'm expecting them to overstep again and give me another 2 week extension.

last time this happened it took 6 weeks for them to give me an answer.

prissy - not to put you off, but i do wonder if it has anything to do with my nationality - i have heard of other african nations ppl having the same problem as well as other south africans.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 2:09 pm

I know a lot of Saffars here (not all on the board) as my neice works for SA Airways. There are a considerable number around. Other African nations are a bit harder to find but there is a kopi shop/pub near Mustafa's (little India) that caters to primarily Africans. Don't know the name or exact location but somebody around here might. Used to be a Store called the Springbok Bazaar in Katong Plaza (run but a Saffar named Paul Smith & his wife)

Interesting. I just went to their site ( http://www.africasiatrading.com/ )
and they show two locations! One out in Bukit Timah plaza as well. So maybe they are still around and I'd bet that would be a good place to find out the happenings of the SA community here as well. Give it a shot and let us know how it goes.
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Sun, 08 Aug 2010 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

floydd

Post by floydd » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 2:16 pm

OMG I'M GOING!!! LOL!

i have heard of them yes - well that feels like home. anyhow fingers crossed for this whole EP thing. suffice it to say i'd have been a lot happier if the MOM had given me the news before the long weekend like they promised. anyhow... what will be will be... i will let u guys know what happens, since u have all been so supportive and helpful. :)

nobodybutme

Post by nobodybutme » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 2:43 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
floydd wrote: @singaporeflyer - my degree was a full-time 4 year bachelors of journalism degree. i work in market research, now for 4 years with the same company. i have been promoted twice and am now a project director, handling domestic and international market research. why do u ask?
The reason I asked is, if you read through the forum you can sense that recently people with distance learning degrees have been rejected for their EP during renewal even though they were renewed few times before without any problem.

Even people holding P1 which were renewed before are rejected for renewal these days

MOM has tightened their qualification criteria for approval/renewal of EP in the recent few months.

Hi,

Most working professionals opted for distance learning/ part time for their post-graduate degree like MBA, CFA and etc.

May I know what's the problem with Distance Learning Dgree? Not recognised by Singapore Garmen?

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 2:56 pm

nobodybutme wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
The reason I asked is, if you read through the forum you can sense that recently people with distance learning degrees have been rejected for their EP during renewal even though they were renewed few times before without any problem.

Even people holding P1 which were renewed before are rejected for renewal these days

MOM has tightened their qualification criteria for approval/renewal of EP in the recent few months.

Hi,

Most working professionals opted for distance learning/ part time for their post-graduate degree like MBA, CFA and etc.

May I know what's the problem with Distance Learning Dgree? Not recognised by Singapore Garmen?
Because recently there are a lot of Online Degrees that have been identified as fake.

nobodybutme

Post by nobodybutme » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 3:50 pm

OIC.

Even the full time degree study also can be fake.

I reckon they should do thorough verification with any degree regardness of Full time or part time or distance learning. :)

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 3:58 pm

nobodybutme wrote:OIC.

Even the full time degree study also can be fake.

I reckon they should do thorough verification with any degree regardness of Full time or part time or distance learning. :)

The below is from observation

They really do good vetting for both, but now they are feeling it is better to recognize full time rather than distance education (where fake degrees are more ) even though not explicitly mentioned.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 4:57 pm

They are using distance learning degrees (this is not the same as online degrees - although very similar) as well as degrees that have no relevance to the position for ways to axe the number of foreigners here and to also stymie those who "invest" in degrees via rather dubious means. This is primarily for basic degrees which is all that is required for ANY Employment pass. None of the levels of Employment Passes require PG Diplomas, Master's or PhD's.