Singapore Expats

Rhinoplasty- Nose Surgery - Woffles Wu

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bella88

swelling & wide nostrils

Post by bella88 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 7:30 am

Hi!

swelling was really bad in the middle of the night & then went down a little in the morning. can see slight bruising underneath the eyes, nose bridge is very swollen & i guess so is the rest of my nose. i really hope that's why my nostrils look so big & wide. this is my 2nd day. no pain, just some discomft becos of the pack in my nose.

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 9:01 am

Morning bella88,

I was exactly like you after the surgery!!! I swelled like a pig head and my family got shock!

Not worry, it is like tat lor. If you dun swell then you got problem. Ha...

Take care. I will be around.

bella88

thanks kayatoast

Post by bella88 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 9:17 am

thanks kayatoast! appreciate that. feel better talking to someone who been through the same thing i have.

how about the nostrils? when i changed the gauze, my nostrils look so big & wide! my main concern is the nostrils. did your nostrils look big becos of the pack? mine is so wide & big :(

kaya_toast

Post by kaya_toast » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 9:37 am

Hi,

Of cos... Besides that, you will find your nostrils in odd shapes. Cos they are FULLY packed with long long gauze. :)

bella88

kayatoast

Post by bella88 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 10:00 am

thanks kayatoast! really appreciate you reassuring me.

my nostrils are my main concern which is wny i had this surgery in the first place! i just want a small nose. quite upsetting when i change the gauze, the nostrils look so BIG & wide :(

bella88

swelling * big nostrils

Post by bella88 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 3:40 pm

hi,

can't help but feel a little like the SIA crew gal who posted 2 years ago about WW. spending a lot of $, nose looks even more upturned with bigger nostrils.

i know it's too early to judge his work but i look really bad now, my nose looks so big & wide, with very big nostrils! it actually look better with the gauze covered up!

face swollen and bruised, i know that's expected. i really hope it's cos of the nose pack & swelling that why the nostrils look so big!

jacksonsin

Post by jacksonsin » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 9:53 pm

hi bella

you probably worried too much.
You have to wait for the swelling to go down first.

Nespress88

Post by Nespress88 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:48 pm

Hi Bella,

Nostrils will definitely be enlarged due to the packing, when u return for unpacking you will understand after you see the pretty thick and long gauze being pulled out from both nostrils. Besides that, the swellings around the nose area will also make your nostrils appeared uneven and maybe enlarged. As healing for open rhino is a gradual process, you must just trust the surgeon's skills and the rest is just to take good care of your body in order to speed up recovery. If you really want to de-swell faster, you may consider upping the dosage of sinecch. As mentioned I took 8 boxes altogether. The peach uni-coloured ones are of the strongest strength, they do aid in reducing swelling faster.

You are only in the 2nd day, relax. The gradual healing is something you would appreciate as you wake up each day and seeing the actual changes in yr nose in the mirror. :) Njoy the DVDS!

kaya_toast

Re: swelling * big nostrils

Post by kaya_toast » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 12:50 am

bella88 wrote:hi,

can't help but feel a little like the SIA crew gal who posted 2 years ago about WW. spending a lot of $, nose looks even more upturned with bigger nostrils.

i know it's too early to judge his work but i look really bad now, my nose looks so big & wide, with very big nostrils! it actually look better with the gauze covered up!

face swollen and bruised, i know that's expected. i really hope it's cos of the nose pack & swelling that why the nostrils look so big!
Morning bella88,

You are bringing back my post-op memory. I was like you, very very worried and can't eat each time after I looked at myself in the mirror. I asked myself why I made myself suffer physically and financially.

The reviews after 2 months post-op was not good either. A lot of them commented that I look weird and my nose looked bigger than before.

At about 4 months post-op, I look so good and I started to receive compliments even from a stranger when I queue to buy bubble tea.

Slowly, I forgot the agony I went thru…
1) sleepless nights with packed nose
2) the stress of washing face and hair
3) oily face full of black heads with pimples popping
4) fear of scaring
5) fear of implant dislocation
6) mocking
7) and so on.... :lol:

You will be supper supper, confirmed, chopped and guaranteed fine and WILL look fabulously. :)

bella88

Kayatoast, Nespress & Jack

Post by bella88 » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 8:43 am

Thanks Kayatoast, Nespress & Jack for your reassurance!

yes, today is only my 3rd day. swelling seems to have subside a little but still quite bad swelling & bruising under my left eye.

yes Nesspress, been watching loads of stuff online. time passes quite ok & started on the peach uni-coloured ones cos the nurses said to finish box 1 first which consist on pre-op, post op & bedtime sinnech.

Kayatoast! Read your previous post on your day 1 to 8 experiences. so far from day 1 to 3, same as yours! face swelling quite badly. glad you like your new nose so much! must be really nice for a stranger to compliment on it! lucky you! :)

i shall be patient & wait cos i read that after 1 month, the nose shape is already 80%, there is only 20% residual swelling.

Nespress88

Post by Nespress88 » Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:55 pm

To Kayatoast!!!

ONz AH!!! I love the 'super super confirm look fabulous!!!!' , and yes Bella88, I confirm you also!!!!!!!!!!!!! We all SURE confirm Fabulous liaoz!!! Cos we got the WW NOSE-JOBssss!!!

bella88

4th day, pack taken out

Post by bella88 » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:10 pm

Hi All,

I love how Kayatoast & Nesspress are cooing over WW's work, they really seem to love their new noses! must be really nice :) & i really feel very grateful to them & Jack for reassuring me when i am feeling down & their tips on getting better. The tip from Nesspress about sneezing, must open your mouth is especially useful! =)

just came back from a visit to WW. Taken off the pack! finally! the pack really makes a big difference!

WW seems pleased with his work & showed me off to this surgeon from Belgium who came to understudy him.

honestly i like my side profile, front not so much. WW said he is getting short as he gets older cos patients are so impatient these days. he says cannot expect to look good on the 4th day! i agreed too. my face is still slightly swollen & bruised, nose very swollen & bruised, taking out the pack doesn't hurt, only when he starts to wipe my nose to clean, hurts a little bit.

i am neutral after taking out the pack cos nose still swollen & bruised. can see bruise on the nose.

have to wait & see cos still at extrememly early stage, 4th day only, seeing him next wed to take out stitches.

but now i can even put on a cap to go out if i want to, not that noticeable unless the person stands very near me to scrutinize my face.

one thing about WW is he has plenty of patients! patients in the clinic waiting to see him & after me, there is another gal too waiting to take off her nose pack, can't see her nose as she had a mask on.

all in all, the whole experience is ok, felt well taken care of by his nurses & him, all very nice!

now all i have to do is to wait patiently for the final outcome! will update again.

jacksonsin

Post by jacksonsin » Fri, 13 Aug 2010 2:32 pm

you will have a beautiful nose!!!

Jia You!

bella88

1 week later

Post by bella88 » Tue, 17 Aug 2010 3:03 pm

Hi All,

it's exactly 1 week since i had my nose surgery.

my nose still looks big due to the swelling & bruising but i look somewhat presentable enough to go out in public even though i still have stitches in my ear & nose! i just put a cap on & no one really notice unless they stood very near to scrutinze your face!

tomorrow will be visiting WW for removal stitches & hopes all goes well. i can hardly wait to wash my face & hair properly!!

can only properly gauge the nose say 1 month later or maybe even like kaya toast 4 months later!

thanks all for your assurance & encouragement!!

ats_syd

Post by ats_syd » Mon, 25 Oct 2010 9:09 pm

Wondering what happened to Bella, still remember her manic posts @ WW and then suddenly she dissapeared ...,

Bella , please keep us updated : Are you happy with the 16 grand nose job or your too upset to post because you got botched?lol