Singapore Expats

Looking for American TV shows

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Sun, 29 Aug 2010 8:39 pm

Calmday wrote:Yes it works here. It’s just a Los Angeles cable package that is forwarded to you via slingbox. There is some trick software that lets you control the cable receiver from your computer here in Singapore. I have a 10 meter HDMI cable so that I can plug my laptop to the TV while sitting on the couch.
I’m loving it. NHRA, NFL, sitcoms that aren’t 3 years old.
No I meant purchasing DVD box sets here. Seems to me the selection is just as limited as what's shown on TV here. I'm wondering if the box sets of shows like True Blood are censored the same way they are on TV or if they're intact. If they are censored, is it even legal to import the uncensored versions?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sun, 29 Aug 2010 9:17 pm

poodlek wrote:I'm wondering if the box sets of shows like True Blood are censored the same way they are on TV or if they're intact. If they are censored, is it even legal to import the uncensored versions?
They censor differently the same thing depending where it is shown/made available. TV shows are censored most, the movie in the cinema - least (but still they are). DVDs somewhere in between.