Singapore Expats Forum

Re-apply in how much time after rejection

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
s_shakti_kumar

Re-apply in how much time after rejection

Postby s_shakti_kumar » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 5:05 pm

Hello All,

In January 2010 ICA rejected my wife’s PR application and asked to re-apply in 9 mths time. Now, that means October 2010.
I verywell know that October is where my eligibility to re-apply is.

My question to you, do you think re-applying by Aug or Sept 10 will by risky? I want to apply early as we want to travel to India for a 1.5 months during Sept - October, and don’t want to have our travel become a reason for application rejection.

Any info will be greatly appriciated

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 5:55 pm

I think you should go ahead a reapply now. :devil:

That way you can show ICA that you are incapable of following simple directions and maybe giving you PR was a mistake. Then they can reject her outright :roll:

Why would your travel be a reason for rejection? Just apply when you get back. As long as you are a PR it it doesn't matter. Unless you are planning on being gone for almost 5 years and then plan on coming back just in time to renew your REP (it won't work) :-k

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 7:23 pm

January 2010 + 9 months = October 2010

August 2010 "<" October 2010

So January 2010 + 9 months ">" August 2010

Yeah, I'm good in maths, you don't need to praise me :D

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Re: Re-apply in how much time after rejection

Postby singaporeflyer » Sat, 31 Jul 2010 8:12 pm

s_shakti_kumar wrote:Hello All,

In January 2010 ICA rejected my wife’s PR application and asked to re-apply in 9 mths time. Now, that means October 2010.
I verywell know that October is where my eligibility to re-apply is.

My question to you, do you think re-applying by Aug or Sept 10 will by risky? I want to apply early as we want to travel to India for a 1.5 months during Sept - October, and don’t want to have our travel become a reason for application rejection.

Any info will be greatly appriciated

Just my 2 Cents.

Even though ICA has asked your wife to reapply after 9 months there is no guarantee that it would be approved after nine months. If you browse through the forum you can see people have been asked to reapply after X months and after applying after X months they have been rejected.

It would be better if you could apply after 1 year from the date of rejection and that will be one way to prove that the applicant is staying long and not a quitter.

Your 1 month visit to India will not have any implication on the application, if both of you are going to come back to Singapore after a month.

How long have you been married and from when is your wife in SG and since how long are you a PR? All these also count for your wifes PR application.

If you apply earlier than the 9 months suggested the result will be the same.

Good Luck !

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 5:50 pm

Nah !!, don't listen to them.':twisted:'

Listen to your heart and your wife

If you cannot count maybe you need to go back and count yourself out :cool:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Sun, 01 Aug 2010 6:09 pm

Interesting that you were asked to reapply after 9 months. Earlier the norm used to be reapply after 6 months. Then came recession and they changed it to 2 years. Now that good times are back again 9 months is good enough for PR?