Singapore Expats Forum

Building a support network after relocating

SAHMs / WAHMs tell us how you are coping.
Lonsdale

Building a support network after relocating

Postby Lonsdale » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 6:02 pm

Hi! Am relocating to Sing. with my husband and sixteen month old son late september and we are having to choose a place to live soon. For me a big factor in where to live is building up a routine of easily accessible activities for my son and I. Is the centre also the central hub for kids activiites? or is there as much further out also? I have a very active, energetic little boy who needs to burn off lots of steam!! I really want to meet plenty of other mums to build up a good network again after the move but like the idea of cluster houses (therefore budget pushes us further out) as ironically I am not so good with heights!! :oops: :lol:

pmax31

Postby pmax31 » Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:42 am

Hello there,
I too am relocatin to Singapore with my husband and my two and half year old boy end of this year, he is moving out end of September. Be nice to maybe stay in touch. We are not sure where we are living, we are having to move a bit further out due to cost of living etc.
Let me know how you are getting on.....
Paloma :)

Lonsdale

Postby Lonsdale » Mon, 16 Aug 2010 7:15 pm

HI there! Thanks for replying. Yes, would be good to stay in touch. Have just got back from our look around and have chosen a place to live. Around Clementi district towards the west of town. Seems like there is loads to do with kids there, altho it is SUPER expensive : :shock: almost fell off my perch!
it is an amazing place tho . am excited to get going.,..we will now be there mid sept. Woke up this morning not knowing where i was and got all freaked out about the enormity of the move....after much deep breathing am feeling a bit better again!
How you feeling about it all? been to sing before? I see from your profile you are a special needs teacher. That is cool. I worked with a little boy with autism before having my son.... well, take care. speak again soon. x

Oksana_Scott

Postby Oksana_Scott » Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:43 pm

Hi Lonsdale, what is the name of condo you are going to live in? I have 19 months old boy and we will be moving to The Parc condominimum in 4 weeks' time :-)

Chey10

Postby Chey10 » Tue, 02 Nov 2010 12:56 pm

u are lucky is the brand new condo and full facilities -- enjoy your stay there

missreen

Hi All!

Postby missreen » Sun, 07 Nov 2010 12:48 am

HI All,

I've been living here for 7 years and have only just realised that this is a good place to meet new friends! I'm a chinese aussie married to a Singaporean and have a 4 year old daughter.

Feel free to contact me if you want to make friends! I'm free a few hours a day during mid morning and lunch while the daughter is in school!

angel9

hi all!

Postby angel9 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 2:51 pm

Hi,

newbies aren't allowed to PM... so I can't PM anyone yet... l'm a new mother to a 5 month old. Staying in the East/Circle line area. Near Tanjong Rhu.

Looking for other mums to chat with or hang out. Email me at mahjong9 at yahoo dot come.

Cheerios

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:10 pm

sure you can.

nakatago

Re: hi all!

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:33 pm

angel9 wrote:Hi,

newbies aren't allowed to PM... so I can't PM anyone yet... l'm a new mother to a 5 month old. Staying in the East/Circle line area. Near Tanjong Rhu.

Looking for other mums to chat with or hang out. Email me at mahjong9 at yahoo dot come.

Cheerios

Please don't post practically the same thing across multiple threads as we consider this spam. I've deleted your other posts.

chrislee6789

Re: Hi All!

Postby chrislee6789 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 4:43 pm

missreen wrote:HI All,

I've been living here for 7 years and have only just realised that this is a good place to meet new friends! I'm a chinese aussie married to a Singaporean and have a 4 year old daughter.

Feel free to contact me if you want to make friends! I'm free a few hours a day during mid morning and lunch while the daughter is in school!

hi missreen, u mind making friend with a local? =) hope to hear from you soon. email?

Rejane

Re: Hi All!

Postby Rejane » Sun, 15 Jan 2012 5:02 pm

[quote="missreen"]HI All,

Feel free to contact me if you want to make friends! I'm free a few hours a day during mid morning and lunch while the daughter is in school![/quote]

Hi Missreen,

I would love to meet up one day. I love having coffee and lunches. :) I can't PM as I'm a new user. I hope you get this message though. :)