Singapore Expats

Any New Canadians Around?

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
holly_y

Any New Canadians Around?

Post by holly_y » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:23 pm

Heya!

I've just been in Singers for a few days now and I'm loving it. Would love to meet other Canadian girls to chill out with and reminisce
about the awesomeness of Tim Hortons. I'm 26 and game for a good laugh. If you're interested in meeting up for some tea, food, drinks, post a reply or send an email to [email protected]
I am a 26 yr old Canadian who is moving to Singers at the end of July. I don't know many ppl there yet so would love to make some new friends to go for coffee, shopping and to possibly hit the town. Just send me an email! [email protected]

chitown999

Post by chitown999 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 5:03 pm

I'm also new Singapore, would like to hang out and explore the city if you're interested.

canadiangal

Post by canadiangal » Wed, 18 Aug 2010 6:23 am

Hi Holly_y,

I'm a fellow Canadian, and although I'm not in Singapore yet, I will be arriving in October. I'm female, 30, and won't know a soul in Singapore.
When I arrive, I'd love to go out for a coffee and chat.

Heather
CanadianGal

Zoeeee

Post by Zoeeee » Sat, 18 Sep 2010 2:17 pm

Hey

Fellow Canadian here!

I have been here for just over a week and am in need of some new friends.

22/F from calgary.

would love to see some sights, shop, and have some drinks!

[email protected]

Zoe

typebug

Re: Any New Canadians Around?

Post by typebug » Mon, 11 Oct 2010 5:20 am

I'm a Canadian gal just about to move to Singapore from California. It would be awesome to meet more Canadians.

-stacey
holly_y wrote:Heya!

I've just been in Singers for a few days now and I'm loving it. Would love to meet other Canadian girls to chill out with and reminisce
about the awesomeness of Tim Hortons. I'm 26 and game for a good laugh. If you're interested in meeting up for some tea, food, drinks, post a reply or send an email to [email protected]

bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Wed, 17 Nov 2010 4:55 am

canadiangal wrote:Hi Holly_y,

I'm a fellow Canadian, and although I'm not in Singapore yet, I will be arriving in October. I'm female, 30, and won't know a soul in Singapore.
When I arrive, I'd love to go out for a coffee and chat.

Heather
Hey Heather, whereabouts in Canada are you from? I lived in the east, and shuttled between Kingston, ON and random US states. I'm feeling a little displaced here and would like to make new friends-- most of my friends are either engaged, married or have like a hundred kids. I kid you not!
Sorry, in case you were puzzled why I singled you out...I get along better with people older than I am. I have enough friends in their 20's :)
I want to say PM me, but I don't know if my PM function works yet as I just joined this forum. So, hope to hear from you and we'll talk more!

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:02 am

hey have a friend who's canadian too and says it's pretty difficult to meet fellow canadians here in Singapore.
we actually have a drinking club for weekend gathering,movie,bbq,party,music of coz.
maybe we should meet up in the near future:D

feel free to PM me or email: [email protected]

sylvainf345

Post by sylvainf345 » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 4:44 pm

If there is a gathering happening this saturday evening let me know. Can contact me at [email protected] or post a reply.

Just looking at meeting expats living here and meeting new people.

Sylvain

bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 6:57 pm

sylvainf345 wrote:If there is a gathering happening this saturday evening let me know. Can contact me at [email protected] or post a reply.

Just looking at meeting expats living here and meeting new people.

Sylvain
Allo Sylvain, ca va? :) My 2 best friends in Kingston were Quebeckers. And I had other lawyer friends in MTL who were wonderful hosts when I went over, but we mostly talked shop.. and most of my French-Canadian acquaintances are also in the field.

Would love to meet you and your wife sometime for coffee. PM me if you like :)

bentonfraser_4ever

Post by bentonfraser_4ever » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 7:08 pm

AngelJoy wrote:hey have a friend who's canadian too and says it's pretty difficult to meet fellow canadians here in Singapore.
we actually have a drinking club for weekend gathering,movie,bbq,party,music of coz.

That is so true! I do meet Americans from time to time, but mostly it's Aussies and Brits, and haven't met many older/professional Canadians, i.e. not university/exchange students.

Unfortunately, I don't drink and don't find, say, after-work drinks a purposeful enterprise (not to mention alcohol here is so mucn more expensive than in the US! lol...you can get a Bud light for $1.50 there). But if you're headed for movies or live music at pubs count me in please :)

I'm kinda miffed I only got to know about the Canadian High Comm's recent Nov 11 movie screening after the event. And a Paul Gross movie too! My all-Canadian hero! :) If any Canadians get my references/my nickname, feel free to drop me a PM discussing the greatness of Due South! :lol:

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by AngelJoy » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 10:23 pm

bentonfraser_4ever wrote:
AngelJoy wrote:hey have a friend who's canadian too and says it's pretty difficult to meet fellow canadians here in Singapore.

That is so true! I do meet Americans from time to time, but mostly it's Aussies and Brits, and haven't met many older/professional Canadians, i.e. not university/exchange students.

Unfortunately, I don't drink and don't find, say, after-work drinks a purposeful enterprise (not to mention alcohol here is so mucn more expensive than in the US! lol...you can get a Bud light for $1.50 there). But if you're headed for movies or live music at pubs count me in please :)

I'm kinda miffed I only got to know about the Canadian High Comm's recent Nov 11 movie screening after the event. And a Paul Gross movie too! My all-Canadian hero! :) If any Canadians get my references/my nickname, feel free to drop me a PM discussing the greatness of Due South! :lol:
oh man dont talk about the overpriced drinks here in Singapore!
yep it's really quite an amount to spend if you wanna drink the way as you do back home.
hmm,about live music i'm not sure.
i do know crystal castles's coming on jan 15th which me and my friend both will be catching.
then jan 29th it's gonna be the laneway fest in singapore which includes bands like Warpaint,!!!,Holy freak&Yeasayer(love them!).
unfortunately i wont be here then.

im kinda disappointed at the music scene here in Singapore.oh well.

kuzyone.

Post by kuzyone. » Thu, 18 Nov 2010 11:57 pm

I'm Canadian 34M living over on the east side. I've been to a couple of the WNDC events which have been fun / easy place to meet people. I've been the only Canadian there though.

There are always plenty of happy American's so it almost feels like home.

sylvainf345

Reply to bentonfraser_4ever

Post by sylvainf345 » Fri, 19 Nov 2010 3:59 pm

Sorry, too new to PM......unless I'm doing something wrong

What a coincidence, I went to College in Kingston, Ontario! What a small world!

Would be nice to meet up. I'm leaving on the 25th for for 2 months. But leave me your email and may be we could meet up when I get back? Mine is [email protected]

sunshine2900

would love to meet up with some canadian

Post by sunshine2900 » Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:51 am

hi I am a local girl, lived in niagara falls canada for two years.
would love to meet some canadian and make friends.

email me [email protected] and could meet up for coffee or chat after work.

micks_in

Canada rocks !!

Post by micks_in » Tue, 14 Dec 2010 7:45 pm

Hey guys... not a Canadian but was in Edmonton for the past 2 years... with the winter rolling in, I kind of miss the snowfall and the extreme chill compared to the monotonous weather here :cry: Wouldn't mind meeting some Canadians again and talk about Tim Hortons, the Oilers :twisted: and what not :)