Singapore Expats

Importing Hays

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
punksiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

Importing Hays

Post by punksiong » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:56 pm

Im planning to import hays for sale and personal use which will be quite abundant but i duno how it needs to goes about for importing.

What are the rules and regulations, and also charges.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1768
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 11:15 am
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Post by beppi » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 8:23 pm

Hays? Like, dried grasses to feed cows and horses with???
People have strange ideas ...

mrlily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 5:10 pm
Contact:

Post by mrlily » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:04 pm

nah, he said for "personal use".

good source of roughage! ie: used for clearing personal longkang's

I use cornflakes
https://mechanical.co.nz - Development of a Secure Threaded Websocket Server in C.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40435
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Jul 2010 11:23 pm

mrlily wrote:nah, he said for "personal use".

good source of roughage! ie: used for clearing personal longkang's

I use cornflakes
I've know a few guys who were married to real cows!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

punksiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

Post by punksiong » Thu, 29 Jul 2010 11:51 pm

craps

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ksl » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 2:09 am

punksiong wrote:craps
You can look on the AVA website and see if there are any restrictions, www.ava.gov.sg

In Fact i have done it for you, here's the information Pet food imported to Singapore must be obtained from approved sources to ensure that they are safe for consumption by animals. All import of pet food to Singapore requires approval from AVA.

22$ per consignment! You need the import permit and the list of approved sources of suppliers.

Visit or ring AVA for more information.

Never mind the sarcasm, its all in good fun and expected on the forum as entertaining, the wider audience :) don't take it personal! Peace to the Chinchillas :wink: Yes we have one :)

punksiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

Post by punksiong » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:51 am

hi KSL,

thanks for the replied.

I check on it too.
It seems that way but i called them and they say about tradenet which needs a fee of $22 for the permit. Nvr heard about the consignment fee though, this is why im puzzled and needs help.

User avatar
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Posts: 3544
Joined: Thu, 03 Dec 2009 6:31 am
Answers: 4
Location: TIMBUKTU

Post by Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 11:01 am

punksiong wrote:hi KSL,

thanks for the replied.

I check on it too.
It seems that way but i called them and they say about tradenet which needs a fee of $22 for the permit. Nvr heard about the consignment fee though, this is why im puzzled and needs help.
Are you doing in bale or otherwise ? Tradenet fee is standard for every permit you are wanting to bring in..What kind of feed are you talking about ?. You said for sale and personal use . How so ? Are you going to do transhipment to other countries, if yes , you do not need tradenet
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

punksiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

Post by punksiong » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:10 pm

Hmmm, i only plan to sell in local.
And does it whether it comes in bale(timothy hays)?

mrlily
Regular
Regular
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 5:10 pm
Contact:

Post by mrlily » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 1:59 pm

i'm still confused, what exactly do you want to do with the hay? maybe...

1 - i like worzel gummidge so much i want to make one?
2 - props for the singaporean cowboy movie i'm staring in?
3 - i want to make hay hats?
4 - feeding my pet horse (note: permit required to keep a horse in your HDB)?
5 - feeding my wife and children, and pets?
6 - to test a new hay bailing machine i've just developed (you'll need a permit to drive that in singapore)?
9 - just because I like hay?
10 - i think there is a market selling pillows made from hay, especially to the line dancers (tiring you know!)

is it a secret?
https://mechanical.co.nz - Development of a Secure Threaded Websocket Server in C.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Post by ksl » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 3:21 pm

punksiong wrote:Hmmm, i only plan to sell in local.
And does it whether it comes in bale(timothy hays)?
You need to contact the supplier for this information though i think 5lb cubes!

punksiong
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 7:52 pm

Post by punksiong » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 3:30 pm

mrlily wrote:i'm still confused, what exactly do you want to do with the hay? maybe...

1 - i like worzel gummidge so much i want to make one?
2 - props for the singaporean cowboy movie i'm staring in?
3 - i want to make hay hats?
4 - feeding my pet horse (note: permit required to keep a horse in your HDB)?
5 - feeding my wife and children, and pets?
6 - to test a new hay bailing machine i've just developed (you'll need a permit to drive that in singapore)?
9 - just because I like hay?
10 - i think there is a market selling pillows made from hay, especially to the line dancers (tiring you know!)

is it a secret?
You can surf the net for the answer and you can make yourself dun look like a retard here.

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 30 Jul 2010 5:48 pm

When I see 'dun' that's the end of it for me. Different planet.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests