Singapore Expats

Where to learn German language?

Want to learn a new language? Find someone who can help here.
iberis

Where to learn German language?

Post by iberis » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 5:20 pm

Is there other competitive school that offer German as well beside Goethe Institute

Can I ask is it worth it to study German language in Goethe Institut? Need to take 3 module to take 1 exam. How many modules do I need to cover in order to speak basic needed for applying job that requires german speaking?

Can share with me your experience in lessons at Goethe Institute?

Thank you.

michibata2be

Re: Where to learn German language?

Post by michibata2be » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 8:58 am

iberis wrote:Is there other competitive school that offer German as well beside Goethe Institute

Can I ask is it worth it to study German language in Goethe Institut? Need to take 3 module to take 1 exam. How many modules do I need to cover in order to speak basic needed for applying job that requires german speaking?

Thank you.

I think it is only certificate from Goethe Institut that is recognized by the Germany government. Foreigner need to have at least Class A1 certificate to stay there (eg. chinese woman married to a German husband). But for working requirement, you need to have at least Class B1 certificate. I think the higher the certificate the better for job seeker. Eg : take up to level C1/C2 and then take Test DAF. Test DAF is something like test TOEFL for English proficiency.

So conclusion, although there are much more cheaper German language course centres but I choose to have cert from Goethe. Now I have A1 cert already. Although I don't have any German boyfriend/spouse, I just study German.

I see many singaporean chinese females like to have angmoh/caucasian boyfriend. White is top priority for them.

:P

michibata2be

Post by michibata2be » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 9:01 am

michibata2be wrote:
iberis wrote:Is there other competitive school that offer German as well beside Goethe Institute

Thank you.

I think it is only certificate from Goethe Institut that is recognized by the Germany government. Foreigner need to have at least Class A1 certificate to stay there (eg. chinese woman married to a German husband). But for working requirement, you need to have at least Class B1 certificate. I think the higher the certificate the better for job seeker. Eg : take up to level C1/C2 and then take Test DAF. Test DAF is something like test TOEFL for English proficiency.

So conclusion, although there are much more cheaper German language course centres but I choose to have cert from Goethe. Now I have A1 cert already. Although I don't have any German boyfriend/spouse, I just study German.

I see many singaporean chinese females like to have angmoh/caucasian boyfriend. White is top priority for them.

ah... malay woman also

as long as sillyporean women, they like to marry ANGMOH..

angmohkau = monkey with red hair
according to Charles Darwin, human come from monkey

ha..ha..ha..ha....
wkwkwkwkwk

iberis

Post by iberis » Fri, 18 Mar 2011 3:25 pm

michibata2be wrote:

Thank you.

michibata2be thanks. I am taking the course at Goethe. I am working on German software. Will see how it goes. Looking for language exchange pal in Singapore now. There is time zone problem for long distance pal.