Singapore Expats Forum

Address with MOM

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Address with MOM

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:01 pm

Does anyone know how I can check/change/update my residential address with MOM. Currently an EP holder(Q1). My admin has just told me to check if I need to update my residential address with MOM.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:17 pm

You can apply for a SingPass online which lets you log into a buncha gahmen websites, MOM included, to do a buncha transactions. Really convenient. What the private sector here lacks in service, the gahmen more than makes up for it. :D

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:37 pm

nakatago wrote:You can apply for a SingPass online which lets you log into a buncha gahmen websites, MOM included, to do a buncha transactions. Really convenient. What the private sector here lacks in service, the gahmen more than makes up for it. :D

is there a fee to apply for a singpass?is it like nets where i need to add some value to singpass when i apply for a singpass?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:38 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
nakatago wrote:You can apply for a SingPass online which lets you log into a buncha gahmen websites, MOM included, to do a buncha transactions. Really convenient. What the private sector here lacks in service, the gahmen more than makes up for it. :D

is there a fee to apply for a singpass?is it like nets where i need to add some value to singpass when i apply for a singpass?

nope. just go to their site and apply for it. it may take some time (a business day iirc) initially though. i think a hu-man does the approval. but after that, it's smooth sailing.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:41 pm

nakatago wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

nope. just go to their site and apply for it. it may take some time (a business day iirc) initially though. i think a hu-man does the approval. but after that, it's smooth sailing.

great...thanks for the info..your replies are really fast too hahahah seems like you live on the forum

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:46 pm

carlsum1986 wrote:
nakatago wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

great...thanks for the info..your replies are really fast too hahahah seems like you live on the forum

i've evolved hypertasking abilities and i'm bored at work. compiling code takes sooo much time.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 12:55 pm

you are in the software industry.....i am ****ing bored at work too.... :D

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 1:49 pm

You can also get a new SingPass or reset its password on the spot at the locations mentioned in the below link

https://www.singpass.gov.sg/sppubsvc/location1.html

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 2:52 pm

You can also go into any CPF office and apply for and get it immediately on the spot.

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Tue, 27 Jul 2010 5:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You can also go into any CPF office and apply for and get it immediately on the spot.

I will do the CPF building in the morning since I walk pass it to the mrt daily...thanks for the info.... :wink: