Singapore Expats

Spouse employment process for US citizen?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 12:07 am

Spouse employment process for US citizen?

Post by frederic111 » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 1:40 am

Hi, my wife and I are moving to Singapore from the UK in a couple months for my work. She has a great career going with a UK audit/consulting firm, who may or may not transfer her from the UK to Singapore. We're both US citizens (she's also Russian). She's making around $6,700SG Gross / month now in the UK, which I think helps her for the permit?
What's the process for her getting a work permit and what are her chances to find a job???
My work is of course managing the permits for me, but have said they won't help her, but that it's easy for her to get a permit and work...true?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Posts: 11507
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Location: Off The Red Dot

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 7:58 am

Russia doesn't allow dual citizenship.

No difference for US citizens in terms of process. Find a job. Company applies for employment pass. If gahmen satisfied she brings skills not readily available employment pass is issued.

She is not making enough for a PEP, which expires after 6 months anyway. Her best bet is to get transferred with her company, and they will handle the EP. The second best bet is for her to get a DP attached to your EP, come here and search for work.

Note that you find work, then ask the gahmen via a work permit, whether or not you can take the job.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest