Singapore Expats

Best place to live for early 30's professional couple, no ki

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
frederic111

Best place to live for early 30's professional couple, no ki

Post by frederic111 » Sat, 24 Jul 2010 1:30 am

Hi, my wife and I are moving to Singapore in a couple months for my work and we're trying to figure out where to live. I will work in zone 5, but will have a car. She's looking for work now. We're early 30s, have no kids and are looking for a place with lots of restaraunts, bars, going out places. We currently live in the centre of London and like it.
Thanks!

Search By

jeffreyong

Post by jeffreyong » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 5:30 pm

zone 5? which area in singapore is that? north? south? east? west?

adven7

Post by adven7 » Wed, 11 Aug 2010 11:05 pm

Zone 5 is what we called the twilight zone. Strange thing happens there. Really really strange thing...beware.

chachacha

Post by chachacha » Fri, 20 Aug 2010 8:49 pm

If I am not mistaken, district 5 is South West so you would have a commute in the morning.

SpecialK

Post by SpecialK » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 3:24 pm

Hi,

Depends on what you want? More chilled area, nice restaurants not too much of a city vibe, then I was suggest somewhere around Holland Village, Sixth Avenue, One North etc.

Or do you want somewhere closer to Orchard, where is is busier and more expensive for rental, not saying the above are far out ( ten mins in cab)

Will you be spending more time at the condo? you would want a nice pool etc

iamrubyvernon

Re: Best place to live for early 30's professional couple, n

Post by iamrubyvernon » Mon, 27 Sep 2010 5:11 pm

frederic111 wrote:Hi, my wife and I are moving to Singapore in a couple months for my work and we're trying to figure out where to live. I will work in zone 5, but will have a car. She's looking for work now. We're early 30s, have no kids and are looking for a place with lots of restaraunts, bars, going out places. We currently live in the centre of London and like it.
Thanks!

Go central. Try places like Robertson Quay, River Valley, Somerset, Tiong Bahru, Mt Sophia, Newton, Novena. Holland Village is a little too far for me (and no MRT). When you arrive, ask your agent to take you to a variety of neighbourhoods so you can decide for yourself where you like the best. Then, once you've zoned in on a particular area, ask to see different condos to get the best deal.