Singapore Expats Forum

WHP Singapore---Expected arrival late August

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

wonton916

WHP Singapore---Expected arrival late August

Postby wonton916 » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:10 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just graduated from UC Davis last Fall 2009 in Food Science. I have prior experience in R&D and Quality Assurance in the food industry in the states. My major also emphasized in Business Management as well, thus I took courses in Marketing and Advertising but I don't have prior industry experience in the field. I was recently approved by MOM for a WHP. I'm looking for a short term employment in Marketing or Advertising, if possible. I was looking into one of recruiting groups, Dorgan Group, located next to Roxy Shopping Center. Does any one on this forum have any comments, thoughts, or suggestions? Thank You.

Cheers,

Adam

wonton916

Postby wonton916 » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 12:41 pm

BTW, I was "introduced" to Singapore by my university friends in UCDavis. Apparently, the Food Science major were popular by the Indonesian-Chinese students for a number of years. Many of them were educated in Singapore by doing homestays, staying with relatives, etc.