Singapore Expats Forum

People Republic China GF help

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
fayt

People Republic China GF help

Postby fayt » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 11:13 pm

Dear all,

I understand that there are already many information posted on this forum, and i do have already try to read through them. However i still have many unsolved problems and hope all you experienced forum-ners could help me out

My situation
---------------
I am 27Yr old Singapore male citizen, holding a diploma, currently undergoing bachelor degree in Unisim with 18mths more before my graduation. My income level as of now is about 2.8k-3k per month

I have a 23yr old PRC girlfriend who is currently in China, however her educational level is very low (初中). I wish to bring her over to singapore to stay with me and experienced singapore lifestyle.

I hope to be able to apply a 90days short term visa for her, but what are the chances that it will be approved? what kind of reasons can i use for the application that will aptly justify the 90days?

If she has already been to singapore on short term visa, will i be able to apply for her to come on another short term visa next year?

I have plans to marry her after my degree graduation and settle her down in singapore permanently if she is ok with singapore lifestyle during this short term visit this year, and of course register our child(if we have) as a singapore citizen in the near future.

My greed situation
-----------
Of course, i am greedy...I hope that she can stay beyond the 90day visa, the only way perhaps would be to get a work pass(with her education level, i suppose she can only get a 'R' Pass??)

If she were to get a 'R' Pass, will there be any complications if i were to marry her 1.5yrs later?

I love her alot, i am willing to go through any kind of applications or trials to settle everything for her

I will be grateful for any of the advices given to me.

Thank you!
Last edited by fayt on Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Postby Ryan_ » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:49 am

I'm new to SG too and we have the same questions.. here I found a link a good reading about migrating in SG with your dependent or fiancee:

http://www.guidemesingapore.com/singapo ... ration-toc

fayt

Postby fayt » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 5:05 pm

Ryan_ --> Thank you for that read. It will be of some help in the near future for me and my GF. I hope that you and your other half can smoothly reside in SG too~ :)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: People Republic China GF help

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 5:00 am

fayt wrote:Dear all,

My situation
---------------

I have a 23yr old PRC girlfriend who is currently in China, however her educational level is very low (初中). I wish to bring her over to singapore to stay with me and experienced singapore lifestyle.

I hope to be able to apply a 90days short term visa for her, but what are the chances that it will be approved? what kind of reasons can i use for the application that will aptly justify the 90days?

A standard bog visa is 30 days. You can apply for 90 days at border control if she can provide your name as the guarrantor and contact person in SG. Please be aware ICA officer may not grant this 90 days. It is their own discretion. However she can extend it online nearing to her 30 days visa or do a short run for 5 days to KL or JB and fly in to Changi Airport is the norm to avoid suspicion. Max is 90 days within a short period

If she has already been to singapore on short term visa, will i be able to apply for her to come on another short term visa next year?

Yes she can but is best to let it run after a year from her first visit to SG

I have plans to marry her after my degree graduation and settle her down in singapore permanently if she is ok with singapore lifestyle during this short term visit this year, and of course register our child(if we have) as a singapore citizen in the near future.

If she has not work in SG at all, go and ROM in SG
IF she has work here b4, ask MOM for permission before register or getting pregnant or else she will never be able to enter SG at all. MOM must be able to justify that she is marrying you for LOVE not Marriage of Convenience

My greed situation
-----------
Of course, i am greedy...I hope that she can stay beyond the 90day visa, the only way perhaps would be to get a work pass(with her education level, i suppose she can only get a 'R' Pass??)

No she cannot stay after 90 days. She needs a LTSVP but she is not married to you!!!! . Only certain categories are allowed to apply this pass
I do not know what is "R" pass . Reject ? Restricted ? Rekindle Pass?
??

If she were to get a 'R' Pass, will there be any complications if i were to marry her 1.5yrs later?

Again I do not understand this?Please tell me what is R? Romance ??

I love her alot, i am willing to go through any kind of applications or trials to settle everything for her

Good On you to go thru trials and tribulation for the girl of your dream

I will be grateful for any of the advices given to me.

Thank you!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

fayt

Postby fayt » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:29 am

Dear Mad Scientist,

Thanks so much for the trouble of replying to my queries, appreciate it deeply.

I am sorry about this "R" pass word, i read that in some internet sources.
But i pretty much guess it refers to work permit(foreign worker)

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 1:23 pm

fayt wrote:Dear Mad Scientist,

See this link in a nutshell on all the passes

http://worksingapore.com/articles/guides_1.php or go to www.mom.gov.sg

If she apply for WP on her own, you may not get the blessing from MOM to marry you

If you marry her, you can apply for her LTSVP if you can proof that your marriage is not marriage of convenience
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

fayt

Postby fayt » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 1:53 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
fayt wrote:Dear Mad Scientist,

See this link in a nutshell on all the passes

http://worksingapore.com/articles/guides_1.php or go to www.mom.gov.sg

If she apply for WP on her own, you may not get the blessing from MOM to marry you

If you marry her, you can apply for her LTSVP if you can proof that your marriage is not marriage of convenience

That was a good read.
If the work permit is applied by her employer, then its a different case? Higher chances of getting blessing from MOM?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 2:35 pm

Work Permit holder are NOT allowed to marry a Sger or SPR. They must get the blessing of MOM.

Employer can employ her but it is the MOM that issue the pass.

About 85% of foreigner married to Sger has been approved but it is best you marry her then get LTVSP . If she is on WP Pass, her chances of getting married to you and stay in SG after she got the work pass is like Russian Roulette.

Do you understand ?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 2:44 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:Work Permit holder are NOT allowed to marry a Sger or SPR. They must get the blessing of MOM.

Employer can employ her but it is the MOM that issue the pass.

About 85% of foreigner married to Sger has been approved but it is best you marry her then get LTVSP . If she is on WP Pass, her chances of getting married to you and stay in SG after she got the work pass is like Russian Roulette.

Do you understand ?

what about say q1 marrying q1 both foreigners?do they need MOM's blessing?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 2:48 pm

The best was would be to get married here (if she has never worked here - ever!) and then get an LTVP. Then, later she can apply for employment. Then if the MOM issues here a work pass that already indicated her being married (to a Singaporen or PR) they cannot really say anything as it was pre-employment. No problem.

But the important thing is to make sure you can get a LTVP for her once married.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 2:48 pm

The guideline states SPR and Sger only. Yeah no worries unless someone can tell me I am wrong

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 2:55 pm

The marriage approval restriction ONLY apply to Work Permit holders (WP's) and not to S/Q/EP/PEP holders. (However, be careful, because if the S/Q/EP/PEP holder was EVER on a WP earlier, they will STILL need the approval. Sounds stupid, but that's on one of the quirks of bureaucracy in gahmen circles. Often common sense does not apply unless it's written down somewhere.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 4:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The marriage approval restriction ONLY apply to Work Permit holders (WP's) and not to S/Q/EP/PEP holders. (However, be careful, because if the S/Q/EP/PEP holder was EVER on a WP earlier, they will STILL need the approval. Sounds stupid, but that's on one of the quirks of bureaucracy in gahmen circles. Often common sense does not apply unless it's written down somewhere.

Nor tourists :cool:

fayt

Postby fayt » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:39 am

Thanks all for the information. I get the whole picture now. Appreciate the help rendered :)

lighter1

Postby lighter1 » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 3:08 pm

fayt wrote:Thanks all for the information. I get the whole picture now. Appreciate the help rendered :)

Hi,
I am browsing through the website on marrying prc.
We have some same experience here, i used to worked in China, i just came back to Singapore 2 weeks back. I am planning to get my GF over here.
I wonder if you have apply for the Visa yet? If yes, can to share with me the details. I am actually flying over to China tomorrow. My trip there is to help her to get the visa, then come in and get marry and then apply for PR status. I will have a problem here, because i have already quit my job, so i will need to look for a new job asap when i am back to SG.

I did consider on the s-pass before, but 2nd thought it is quite difficult for them to get a S-pass in Singapore, unless they are more to engineering or some other certificate. so i think marriage will be better.
Last edited by lighter1 on Thu, 06 Oct 2011 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.