Singapore Expats Forum

PR Rejected - What to do next ??

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
louy
Chatter
Chatter

PR Rejected - What to do next ??

Postby louy » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 4:36 pm

I have just received my PR rejection. The application appeals to have been processed relatively quickly and I got my rejection letter just two months after applying.

I acknowledged that they have significantly reduced the PR in-take in recent times. I also know I may have applied two early as I had only lived here for 1 and half years whilst it was recommended to wait until 2 years to apply.

However, I thought I had a reasonable chance of success, with dual nationality with passport of UK and HK. I have a top degree from a UK university and completed all my Professional Exams as a Management Accountant.

My Rejection letter has given no reason for my rejection and no indiction for when to re-apply - if at all. Is just reads: "

We have considered you application carefully. We regret to inform you that your application has not been successful. Nevertheless, you can comtinue to reside and work here on your valid Work Pass."

And that was it.

Is it possible to find out why I was rejected? Is it possible and advisable to appeal ? When should I re-apply ??

Although I can stay on my work pass and nothing changes for me, I actually feel upset and rejected. What shall I do next ?

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sat, 10 Jul 2010 6:17 pm

Did you inform them you have dual citizenship ?

What pass are you on ? P1, P2

If they did not tell you when to apply, chances are you did not fit the requirement they are after.

Wait till after the election and try again
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby louy » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:05 am

Mad Scientist wrote:Did you inform them you have dual citizenship ?

What pass are you on ? P1, P2

If they did not tell you when to apply, chances are you did not fit the requirement they are after.

Wait till after the election and try again

I am only a P2. Hope that didnt count against me.
Maybe it is now time to re-evaluate my options

Was hoping to stay here. But I have been wanting to consider my employment options and found it difficult to find alternative employing whilst living here on a EP. Most employers here are only interested in PR and citizens. Maybe to progress my career I need to think about leaving.

:(

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 6:02 am

You have not answered my question.

Did you inform ICA that you have dual citizenship HK and UK ?
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby louy » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:12 am

That one I am not exactly sure. Thinking about it, probabaly not.

I only answered what was on the form and do not recall this topic on the form.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 9:56 am

Thank you for your reply

Chances are you have been scoop up and place in one fit all category of too many FTs and election is coming.

If you can persevere wait until election and reapply. Or else look for other greener pasture

louy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby louy » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 6:08 pm

What do you mean by too many FTs ??

So is there any way of finding out why I was rejected and is there an appeal process ?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Sun, 11 Jul 2010 8:32 pm

Too many foreign talents; the locals are crying "DEY TOOK OUR JERBS!"

So to placate the masses, the gahmen is restricting PR approvals. Chances are, they looked at your application and assumed you're one of many who probably won't stay--a lot of us P2 holders (and with no children yet!) were rejected.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 4:26 am

louy wrote:What do you mean by too many FTs ??

So is there any way of finding out why I was rejected and is there an appeal process ?

This is the part that I am scratching my head until it is bald. There is no way we would know why. An appeal at this moment is just a waste of time, it will go to your folder that is all. No action taken
Worse of all, if there is an appeal process, you are not sure if it is reviewed at all.
What I learned from my HR, we have to fight tooth and nail just to get our staffs EP renewed.I have 20 staff here under FT

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 9:30 am

MS I'm having the same problems as I've noted elsewhere as well. As of this morning my FT head count is 81 FT with 42 of them being S pass holders and the other 39 WP holders. So far not having any grief on renewing the WP's and half of them are PRC's while the rest are Malaysians. On the other hand the S pass holders are all Indian or from Myanmar. My losses are amongst the Burmese every time (their qualifications are always suspect anyway due to "distance learning" degrees that seem to be so popular there. But we cannot figure our of find out the "actual" reasons for rejection or of rejections of renewals but we suspect the tightening up of criteria on educational qualifications.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 6:04 pm

I have 15 on WP , 3 on P1 and 2 P2. I used to have 25 but I encourage 5 of them to take PR by sponsor from my company as they are potential to company growth. Two of them became the current director and the other three is in overseas assignment as GMs
My problem is on these 5 as MOM keep on reviewing and changing their passes from P2 to S and vice versa as they like.They have been with me for more than 5 to 7 yrs now so it kind of like a family.
I do not have Indian or Burmese as all of them are Malaysian Chinese. I used to have three Malaysian Malay but it was a battle to hold them here with MOM. I end up assigned them to Selangor Branch. Good staffs and very rare to find for Malays in general in terms of character and attitude.
My HR always tell me she has sleepness night everytime it is time for renewal on these 5.

KittyJules76

Postby KittyJules76 » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 1:56 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:MS I'm having the same problems as I've noted elsewhere as well. As of this morning my FT head count is 81 FT with 42 of them being S pass holders and the other 39 WP holders. So far not having any grief on renewing the WP's and half of them are PRC's while the rest are Malaysians. On the other hand the S pass holders are all Indian or from Myanmar. My losses are amongst the Burmese every time (their qualifications are always suspect anyway due to "distance learning" degrees that seem to be so popular there. But we cannot figure our of find out the "actual" reasons for rejection or of rejections of renewals but we suspect the tightening up of criteria on educational qualifications.

Sms, for renewal, do they look for educational qualification only or salary increment also? My renewal will be coming up in a few months time, my education qualification is honours degree (full time) from Myanmar and Post Grad Dip (HRM) attended part-time here in SG (Dip is from Southern Cross Uni, Australia). Last year my renewal application took only one day, the next day immediately approved. This year my boss wants to renew two years for me. However, my salary remain the same since I started this job so not sure that will be a problem?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Jul 2010 3:59 pm

Nah, salary increments will have nothing to do with it at all. Remember, we've been in a recession for the past couple of years, most haven't had any increases and quite a few locals have had their salaries cut. So, nope, that one is not a factor at all.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 2:56 pm

We was rejected S pass for Malay Chinese, WP okay, Though I think it may have been his degree that is not on the list. This is his second tour with us, after he returned to Malaysia last year.

Had a Singapore manager on 3k plus bonus, she resigned apologizing she couldn't deliver what she promised after a couple of months....Getting good people that can deal with buyers and coordinate, bringing in new accounts is a nightmare..

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 20 Feb 2011 4:18 pm

That almost sounds like a position available ad to me. :-|