Singapore Expats Forum

S PASS approval with NO work experience

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chathuri4

S PASS approval with NO work experience

Postby chathuri4 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 2:46 pm

Hi,

I am currently awaiting results for my Masters degree in a reputable University in Malaysia. I got offered a job in Singapore, and am currently awaiting for the S Pass approval.

I have some queries regarding the S Pass.
1. I have no industrial experience except for the internship carried out for 3 months. Will this be an issue in terms of getting an approval?

2. However, I did tutor and conduct laboratories for two years in my University, in parallel with my Master's candidature. Does MOM consider this as work experience?

Furthermore, The company who hired me initially told me that it would roughly take up to 2-3 weeks. Now its been about a month. Therefore, I called them upto ask the progress. Now the company told me that from their previous experience it should take 2 1/2 months. I am now very worried as they never mentioned such a thing earlier.

Some insight is greatly appreciated. Im in a difficult position, as this will be my first job. Therefore, I am jobless till this is approved as I cannot sign another contract with any other company.

Thanks! and have a good day!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 7:03 pm

I am afraid the odds are really stacked against you. Having a Masters without practical experience in the market, is no different than being a fresher with a B.Sc/BA. Don't hold your breath and don't quit looking for jobs in Malaysia is the best advice I can give you at the moment.

chathuri4

Postby chathuri4 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 11:40 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I am afraid the odds are really stacked against you. Having a Masters without practical experience in the market, is no different than being a fresher with a B.Sc/BA. Don't hold your breath and don't quit looking for jobs in Malaysia is the best advice I can give you at the moment.

oh ok! the chances are that low har?

So I guess my teaching experience doesnt count either?

Anyway thanks alot for your advice. I really appreciate it!