Singapore Expats Forum

Rejection of EP through Agencies

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahwee1987

Rejection of EP through Agencies

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 12:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Recently i was offered a job from Honeywell Singapore as a project engineer as they are hiring me as their contract staff for 6 months. In honeywell policy, for a contract staff, u need to go through an agency to apply for the Employment Pass for you.

So yesterday i just received call from the agency for my Employment pass status, MOM rejected my application and stated that i am lack of experience since i am a fresh graduate. They are stating that instead of hiring you fresh graduate from malaysia, i can hire a fresh graduate from singapore.

Right after that , I call directly to honeywell whether they can appeal for me. But the HR seem like don't 1 to come out with an appeal letter for the agency to appeal for me. I wonder why the company HR don't wan to come out with and appeal letter for me since they are hiring me up.?
The hiring manager also said that even honeywell willing to come out with the appeal letter, the chances for the appeal is very thin? Is that true?
Is there anything i can do in to increase the chance for the appeal?

During my internship i have been working in honeywell Malaysia for 4 months and i have recommendation letter from honeywell Malaysia too. Do you think this letter will at least help me? thanks

Anyone please advice? I am really worried i cant get the EP ..Can i appoint for another agency to apply for me if the appeal fail? thanks

observer
Regular
Regular

Postby observer » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 1:29 pm

Why did you have to post the same thing twice into a new thread? People have responded to you in the other thread.

:roll:
It's common sense - if you try to come in before I go out, I can't go out. And you can't come in! Lose-lose!

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Rejection of EP through Agencies

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 1:32 pm

ahwee1987 wrote:Hi everyone,

Recently i was offered a job from Honeywell Singapore as a project engineer as they are hiring me as their contract staff for 6 months. In honeywell policy, for a contract staff, u need to go through an agency to apply for the Employment Pass for you.

So yesterday i just received call from the agency for my Employment pass status, MOM rejected my application and stated that i am lack of experience since i am a fresh graduate. They are stating that instead of hiring you fresh graduate from malaysia, i can hire a fresh graduate from singapore.

Right after that , I call directly to honeywell whether they can appeal for me. But the HR seem like don't 1 to come out with an appeal letter for the agency to appeal for me. I wonder why the company HR don't wan to come out with and appeal letter for me since they are hiring me up.?
The hiring manager also said that even honeywell willing to come out with the appeal letter, the chances for the appeal is very thin? Is that true?
Is there anything i can do in to increase the chance for the appeal?

During my internship i have been working in honeywell Malaysia for 4 months and i have recommendation letter from honeywell Malaysia too. Do you think this letter will at least help me? thanks

Anyone please advice? I am really worried i cant get the EP ..Can i appoint for another agency to apply for me if the appeal fail? thanks

First of all Honeywell is not hiring you. Therefore Honeywell's HR department is not the one to write the appeal letter. The agency is the one hiring you and it's up to them as they are the employer, not Honeywell.

Secondly, with no experience, you really don't have a chance, appeal or not as without experience, there are more than enough Citizens or PR's to do the job. You can go through as many agencies as you want. The odds are, without experience, you will just get rejected over and over again. Your best bet is to go home, work a couple of years and then come here looking with you actually have something to offer.

Sorry, but that's about the way it's going to go.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 1:39 pm

Honeywell have been very crafty as they don't get a black mark against them at the MOM

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 2:51 pm

hi SMS,
Thanks for your reply. You are totally right . I just get a reply from my hiring manager.He said that honeywell HR is not supportive in writing the Appeal letter because the employment is nothing to do with honeywell.

Hmmm...since honeywell cant come out with the appeal letter?? so the appeal for the EP cannot be proceed right?correct me if i am wrong?

If the agency can come out with the appeal letter? does it have enough power to convince the MOM to approve the EP? anyone please help~..

Thanks

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 3:26 pm

hi everyone,

How about downgrading EP to S Pass ? is that possible to do??
but i am not sure honeywell will hire an S pass worker or not~..anyone got any past experience in this?

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 5:03 pm

You're clutching at straws. Just accept the facts - you're not going to get an EP (or an S pass) in Singapore with zero experience. Take SMS's advice, get a job in Malaysia and work a few years to get some experience first

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 7:18 pm

Until you have experience you have absolutely nothing to sell to the MOM. (You can't appeal as you have nothing to appeal with.)

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:37 pm

hi, i understand,

but just last week only. my gf graduating in degree bachelor of banking and finance just get her EP approved by MOM as Account Executive just within 1 week time only.
But her application was apply through the Company Directly without going through any agency. I wonder is there any different when applying through company and agency?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:40 pm

Are you your girlfriend? :???:

Sure there are better odds with a direct employer hire, but as you pointed out, Honeywell maintains a hands off policy. This is better for the cash flow and headcounts for them. It's easy to cancel contract staffing.

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 08 Jul 2010 10:54 pm

Now honeywell is willing to come out with an appeal letter for me, i will just wait and see how's the appeal going on and just decide what to do when time come~

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:34 am

Hi everyone,

I would like to ask since my agency have submitted my appeal form, Is that possible i can check my appeal status from MOM website?
because currently i check my application from MOM website
Last edited by ahwee1987 on Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:38 am

It is not advisable for you to publish your FIN details on the forum. Please delete it.

ahwee1987

Postby ahwee1987 » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 2:28 pm

Hi everyone,

My appeal was not successful at the end of the day. My company now is trying to get me through another agency,
The second company try to submit the application online but the MOM did not declare it because i have FIN number in the system from the Previous employer. can anyone advice me what to do?Thanks

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 05 Aug 2010 2:42 pm

ahwee1987 wrote:
The second company try to submit the application online but the MOM did not declare it because i have FIN number in the system from the Previous employer

What do you mean by this? Do you mean to say your previous employer did not cancel your EP?

Even if your previous employer did not cancel your EP or even if your earlier employer's EP request to the MOM was rejected/in progress, your new employer can still apply for an EP for you.

Your EP must be cancelled by your first employer only when you are going to submit your documents to the MOM on EP approval which was done by through the second company (or) before your new employer is trying to issue an online pass for you through EPOL after your EP has been approved

Note : All the cases above are after your second employer has got your EP approved for you and not before the application itself.