Singapore Expats Forum

Foreigner volunteers needed in Singapore

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
swtok

Foreigner volunteers needed in Singapore

Postby swtok » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 9:40 pm

Hello everyone,
I am organising some culture sharing sessions to children audiences, and require foreigner volunteers who are willing to share their own culture with children through simple story telling or show-and-tell sessions. This is basically a United Planet initiative, called UP Kids. United Planet is a US-registered charitable organisation and I am an online volunteer with them. You can check out the website here: http://www.unitedplanet.org/
Anyway, back to what I plan to do. I plan to have a small team of foreigners (5 to 8), to share their cultures in a very fun and simple manner. Or if you have something you can show the local children about your culture, that would be great too. The target audiences are children in general (plan to tie up with bookstores), as well as children's ward in hospitals. I hope to get the sessions done this school holidays (December) if possible, and usually on Saturday afternoons.
If you are interested in helping us United the Planet, do email me at swtok@hotmail.com. (Sorry to use a hotmail account. Had to cut out spams). Oh yes, this is a voluntary event and hence there is no remuneration. But volunteers receive a UP t-shirt and souvenir for all your time and effort.

swtok