Singapore Expats Forum

EP Appeal

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pedrito

Postby pedrito » Fri, 27 May 2011 6:44 pm

Hey Guys!!

My EP was rejected and now the company will do an appeal. How long could it take till I know the outcome?

It's for a position in customer service, they require European languages which i speak fluently (apart from my Bachelor + Master). The employer is optimistic on the outcome, because now they can argue why they need me (languages that Singaporeans generally do not speak).

I have another job lined up, it's also in customer service and they are also keen on European languages.

Can I submit two EP applications at the same time? Or do I have to wait for this one to come to an end?

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 27 May 2011 7:39 pm

pedrito wrote:Hey Guys!!

My EP was rejected and now the company will do an appeal. How long could it take till I know the outcome?

It's for a position in customer service, they require European languages which i speak fluently (apart from my Bachelor + Master). The employer is optimistic on the outcome, because now they can argue why they need me (languages that Singaporeans generally do not speak).

I have another job lined up, it's also in customer service and they are also keen on European languages.

Can I submit two EP applications at the same time? Or do I have to wait for this one to come to an end?

EP appeal processing time would be 3-5 weeks. You cannot submit 2 applications at the same time.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 28 May 2011 12:05 am

pedrito wrote: It's for a position in customer service, they require European languages which i speak fluently (apart from my Bachelor + Master). The employer is optimistic on the outcome, because now they can argue why they need me (languages that Singaporeans generally do not speak).

Your employer's optimism must be matched by their wording in the appeal letter and not talking in person et al ..

And Maybe your first employer over-shot their quota .. and the second one maybe within quota .. who knows ..

Singaporeflyer: you are a wee bit wrong .. you can apply for 2 EP .. nowhere will it stop you .. as they are under different employers ... just that both may be rejected .. :D :D as it says "you must have an offer from A Employer" not multiple employers .. or somethign to that extent ..

Singapore speak - my answer is diplomatically correct I guess :D :D

pedrito

Postby pedrito » Sat, 28 May 2011 3:00 am

Thanks to both for the quick answer.

Great situation I am in, no way can I hold at bay the second company for 3 to 5 weeks. They will just hire someone else. :cry: