Good luck.garg wrote:Dear Friends,
I have been planning to apply for PEP, am IT consultant with 9 years experience with last 4 years in USA. I have gone through MoM website, other sites and this forum and still have some open questions, which I request you to kindly advise upon.
1. If Personalized Employment Pass for a foreigner is not approved, is it considered as a Visa rejection or construed as Refused Entry. Does anyone know of any case in which the eligibility condition of S$7000 within last 6 months was holding true but still approval was not done.
It's a visa rejection but only for a specific type of visa. Yes.
2. If PEP is refused, can applicant then apply and get a job in Singapore and then apply for P1/P2. Will his chances of getting P1/P2 decrease if his PEP was not approved earlier.
3. I understand that a P1/P2/Q1 applicants can get PR very soon after landing ( I understand that many get within 6 months of landing ) and for Citizenship after 2 years, please advise if the same case applies to PEP applicants as well for PR and Citizenship. On website of MoM, only P1/P2/Q1 is mentioned, PEP is not mentioned.
Odds of getting PR after 6 months, in the current climate here, virtually nil (On any type of pass). Plan on having to work for two years before applying. Most who apply, with excellent credentials still get rejected if applying before working here for two years. Forget what the website says. The whole purpose of issuing the PEP is to hopefully find suitable candidates for PR and subsequent citizenship. But that will mean working for at least two years to show good faith. After all, they are showing good faith by giving you an open ended work pass that is not tied to any employer.
4. Can a dependant of a PEP application submit form12 together with PEP application. If yes, then FIN number field in 1-A will remain blank in form12. Kindly advise if this is fine.
It would have to be, as you, yourself do not have a FIN number either. It just won't be approved until such time as the PEP is approved.
5. I understand that no documents are to be sent with PEP application form ( from forums I understand that a salary slip may be attached ). Please advise what are documents to be submitted later, so I can start preparing those. Also, I have my experience certificate mentioning date of joining and date of leaving, but that does not mention role and responsibilities, please advise if that is acceptable.
Proof of employment? Additional could be the signed contract, and any other certificates gained whilst working for your overseas employer. As the PEP is not work related, role and responsibilities are a requirement. Also, be sure to have all personal documents pertaining to you and your family members.
6. I understand that PEP application for a foreign worker who is applying without job, needs to be submitted at Singpost office by paying S$10, however as in such case applicant is not yet in Singapore, can applicant pay and submit at Singapore high commission at country of origin.
7. If applicant is applying for PEP from a foreign country without job, in such case can the "in-principle approval letter" be sent at applicant's foreign address or High Commission in that country, as in this case there is no linked Singapore address. Or is it mandatory to arrange for some Singapore address.
8. I have worked in India, USA, UK as IT consultant with single employer (TCS), however I understand from colleagues that TCS is very tough on giving reference checks. Is it really mandatory to have references to get a job in Singapore. Is it a norm for HR to do reference check. What is checked in a reference check and how is it conducted.
There is no norm in Singapore. Every company's HR department does it differently. Normally, this policy is not made available for obvious reasons.
9. People who have applied in 2010, please advise how long it took to receive a call from MoM about decision after application was submitted.
You won't get a "call". It will be sent to your Singapore address, hence the need for same.
Thanks a lot for kind help.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests