Singapore Expats

Pants for Big Guys... Where to Buy??

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ttuguy421

Pants for Big Guys... Where to Buy??

Post by ttuguy421 » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:48 am

Hey everyone, I am looking for some places to shop for mens pants in the size of US 44-46. I have had a hard time finding places that carry my sizes in work clothing. Anyone have any good suggestions of places that won't break the bank??

Thanks!

Ryan_
Regular
Regular

Post by Ryan_ » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 1:35 pm

yeah it difficult to find bigger sizes.. saw this thread from the other forum:
http://singaporeforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1303

oR you can order online:
bigandtalloutlet.com
bigtall.co.uk
bigmanstuff.com

resm
Regular
Regular

Re: Pants for Big Guys... Where to Buy??

Post by resm » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 5:09 pm

ttuguy421 wrote:Hey everyone, I am looking for some places to shop for mens pants in the size of US 44-46. I have had a hard time finding places that carry my sizes in work clothing. Anyone have any good suggestions of places that won't break the bank??

Thanks!
yes, stop running around finding ready made pants !

I just got 2 pairs made for 100.- and 120.-respectively, very good quality (wool) and takes no more than about 1 week.

There are many Tailor shops at the peninsula plaza shopping center right next to the hotel.
PROUT....the only way out !

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 6:34 pm

how much does a decent pair of tailor made plus-sized trousers cost at peninsula plaza?

Any discounts for multiple purchase eg three trousers , or 5 trousers?

edit: oh wait... 100 and 120 were the prices???

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Re: Pants for Big Guys... Where to Buy??

Post by ozchick » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:22 pm

ttuguy421 wrote:Hey everyone, I am looking for some places to shop for mens pants in the size of US 44-46. I have had a hard time finding places that carry my sizes in work clothing. Anyone have any good suggestions of places that won't break the bank??

Thanks!
Which part of the pants needs to be big?! :P
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

resm
Regular
Regular

Post by resm » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 7:51 pm

Splatted wrote:how much does a decent pair of tailor made plus-sized trousers cost at peninsula plaza?

yes, S$ 220.- for 2 pants (size 43) with inner lining, 2 back-pockets and coin-pocket inside the right-side pocket.

for "bulk order" discount you have to find out yourself.
pm me and I can give you the location.

I'm a happy customer.
PROUT....the only way out !

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 03 Jul 2010 8:37 pm

resm wrote:
Splatted wrote:how much does a decent pair of tailor made plus-sized trousers cost at peninsula plaza?

yes, S$ 220.- for 2 pants (size 43) with inner lining, 2 back-pockets and coin-pocket inside the right-side pocket.

I'm a happy customer.
Actually, that's pretty reasonable when you consider that I bought trousers from stores like "High and Mighty" in Melbourne that charge Aus$170 per pair of trousers that size.

ttuguy421

Post by ttuguy421 » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 3:51 am

Splatted wrote:
resm wrote:

I'm a happy customer.
Actually, that's pretty reasonable when you consider that I bought trousers from stores like "High and Mighty" in Melbourne that charge Aus$170 per pair of trousers that size.
Thanks for the ideas guys, the tailor is about the best option I have run across as well. Anyways, am back in the States for a few weeks now so I shouldn't have any problem finding fat boy pants here :P

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Jul 2010 7:05 am

ttuguy421 wrote:
Splatted wrote:
resm wrote: yes, S$ 220.- for 2 pants (size 43) with inner lining, 2 back-pockets and coin-pocket inside the right-side pocket.

I'm a happy customer.
Thanks for the ideas guys, the tailor is about the best option I have run across as well. Anyways, am back in the States for a few weeks now so I shouldn't have any problem finding fat boy pants here :P
In a way, that's funny, as I was bordering on fat-boy 2.5 years ago at 40" so instead of keep trying to find pants that would fit (with my short 29" inseam!) or spending huge amounts of money, I went on a diet and lost 26 kg and went back to a 31" waistline. Now, when I go back to the US I can't find any pants to fit cause Americans all almost all obese now, and the bloody stores rarely carry sizes that small anymore! :x
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers