Singapore Expats Forum

Relocating to Singapore in August

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
cwk204

Relocating to Singapore in August

Postby cwk204 » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 11:45 pm

Hi all!

My name is Chris, I'm 24 and am relocating to Singapore from New York for work mid-August (the 15th ish). I wanted to make some contacts before I get to Singapore so I can hit the ground running, seeing as I don't know anyone! I'm a social guy, like to hang out, go to the gym, go out, etc. I'd love to make some connections so that I have some people to show me around when I arrive!

My email is cwk204@gmail.com if you want to get in contact with me. Looking forward to August!

Chris

sharm07

Postby sharm07 » Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:50 pm

Hey Chris,

I'm SHarm, been in SIngapore for 3 weeks now. Working here for a year. Are you coming down for vacation or work? Well i've added you in my gmail (sharmini.doriraj@gmail.com). Hope to have a chat with ya. Take care

-sharm-

black_knight

Postby black_knight » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 6:04 pm

Dude, have you arrived in Singapore already? It's a small island so kinda easy to miss :)

Well, looking for some gym buddies as well...

I can show you around... and don't worry I'm not a pervert or something, just some kind soul looking to get to know more people.

And... next Monday is National Day! First thing u need to know are all the public holidays in Singapore so you know when not to work :)

Cheers,
Daniel

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 06 Aug 2010 8:08 pm

black_knight wrote:And... next Monday is National Day! First thing u need to know are all the public holidays in Singapore so you know when not to work :)

...which is, on the average, 8 days in a year. :-|

black_knight

Postby black_knight » Sun, 08 Aug 2010 2:18 pm

Yea, unless you have a really bad year where most of the public holidays fall on a Saturday... then you can curse and swear

nakatago wrote:
black_knight wrote:And... next Monday is National Day! First thing u need to know are all the public holidays in Singapore so you know when not to work :)

...which is, on the average, 8 days in a year. :-|