Singapore Expats Forum

Dependent pass over 21...

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Dependent pass over 21...

Postby bluenose » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 9:18 am

Is there a way to get a dependent pass for an over 21 year child of mine?

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:09 am

No I'm afraid

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Dependent pass over 21...

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:42 am

bluenose wrote:Is there a way to get a dependent pass for an over 21 year child of mine?

If the child is over 21 then the child is not. It's an adult. Different set of rules upon reaching the age of majority.

bluenose
Chatter
Chatter

Postby bluenose » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 10:59 am

So what to do next? Unable to live here, no exceptions?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 27 Jun 2010 1:01 pm

I tried to find something else this morning along the line of an exemption for say, a sub-normal man-child. (low IQ or Downs or something similar), but to no avail. This doesn't surprise me too much as it only in the last couple of years that they even provided any sort of "help" for "special needs" children. In fact, for many years that was the only way a local child could get the schooling needed was for the gahmen to give local parents an exception to allow a local special needs child to attend an International School like SAS who does have the facilities & teachers.

One possibility is to get the young adult into an approved tertiary institution and put them on a student's visa. Otherwise, you might be out of luck.

KindnessFirst

Postby KindnessFirst » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 3:31 pm

Hi,

If you child is still in University, they may be able to get a Work Holiday Pass for, I believe, up to 6 months. Hopefully they can find a permanent job and move on to an Employment Pass before the time their Work Holiday Pass is up. Also, they could apply for EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) and Social Visit Pass (once they get the EPEC). If both EPEC and SVP applications are successful, they could stay in Singapore for up to 1 year to look for a job. Best of luck! :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 4:24 pm

KindnessFirst wrote:Hi,

If you child is still in University, they may be able to get a Work Holiday Pass for, I believe, up to 6 months. Hopefully they can find a permanent job and move on to an Employment Pass before the time their Work Holiday Pass is up. Also, they could apply for EPEC (Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate) and Social Visit Pass (once they get the EPEC). If both EPEC and SVP applications are successful, they could stay in Singapore for up to 1 year to look for a job. Best of luck! :)

That's good advice. Come over with nothing more than a gamble that your kid will be able to stay here, in a climate of "get rid of the foreigners". #-o

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Re: Dependent pass over 21...

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 19 Jul 2010 6:25 pm

bluenose wrote:Is there a way to get a dependent pass for an over 21 year child of mine?

If you are on P1 or P2
you can apply LTSVP if your child is a female

Read this

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!