Singapore Expats

Prepaid Mobile with FREE incoming calls

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
Steven

Prepaid Mobile with FREE incoming calls

Post by Steven » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 1:05 pm

Hi Everyone,
I understand that most mobile phone companies in Singapore charge subscribers for incoming calls (i.e. to receive calls when in Singapore). Is this true?

Are there any pre-paid plans with M1, Singtel or Starhub with FREE incoming calls? I could not find any definitive information on their websites.

Any reccomondations for phone companies and plans?

Thanks.

Steven

Bafana

Post by Bafana » Mon, 01 Nov 2004 2:55 pm

Strahub has free incoming calls.

jerry

Re: Prepaid Mobile with FREE incoming calls

Post by jerry » Tue, 02 Nov 2004 9:41 pm

Steven wrote:Hi Everyone,
I understand that most mobile phone companies in Singapore charge subscribers for incoming calls (i.e. to receive calls when in Singapore). Is this true?
That is correct.
Steven wrote:Are there any pre-paid plans with M1, Singtel or Starhub with FREE incoming calls? I could not find any definitive information on their websites.
For prepaid plans,there are no free incomings calls.You will only get free incoming calls when you subscribe a line from either Singtel, M1 or starhub.But pls note,you have to subscribe for a minimum period of three months before you are allow to terminate the service.For foreigners,you are required to pay a deposit before local telcos will allow you to subcribe.
Steven wrote:Any reccomondations for phone companies and plans?
Singtel ,M1 and Starhub have their own price plans and promotions.You have to make your own decision depending on which one suits you.

hope that i have answered your queries, :)

regards, :wink:
jerry.