Singapore Expats Forum

need help: for student pass and PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Frankienus

need help: for student pass and PR

Postby Frankienus » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:06 pm

Hi everyone,
I am post graduate student from school of design and environment, NUS. I have background in architecture and with 4 yeaR experiance as architect.
My degree is a 1 year course which I have completed exam in may and result is declared in june. I came last year in july 2009.
I shall be having my convocation in July 9 2010. I have applied for job but could not find so far. Can anyone give me information what I should do??
I think I need to surrender my student pass after convocation( Commencement 2010).
so, after surrendering my student pass? how do i stay in singapore if I am not getting a job ??

with regards
frankie

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 4:48 am

Your student pass will expire once you finish study.

Try this link to get headstart on which pass you are wanting to go for

http://www.mom.gov.sg/publish/momportal ... asses.html
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Re: need help: for student pass and PR

Postby carlsum1986 » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:32 am

Frankienus wrote:Hi everyone,
I am post graduate student from school of design and environment, NUS. I have background in architecture and with 4 yeaR experiance as architect.
My degree is a 1 year course which I have completed exam in may and result is declared in june. I came last year in july 2009.
I shall be having my convocation in July 9 2010. I have applied for job but could not find so far. Can anyone give me information what I should do??
I think I need to surrender my student pass after convocation( Commencement 2010).
so, after surrendering my student pass? how do i stay in singapore if I am not getting a job ??

with regards
frankie

get an epec and then ltsvp.

Frankienus

Postby Frankienus » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:23 am

carlsum1986 wrote:

with regards
frankie

Thanks. Carlsum1986 and MAd Scientist for your kind info.

how long do they usually take>??
could you eleborate on epec?
do i need to make online appointment to get epec

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 10:32 am

Frankienus wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

with regards
frankie

Let's Try Google?

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:02 am

Frankienus wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

with regards
frankie

epec allows u to stay here for one year while you look for a job.
info about epec can be found on mom website.
you can apply here https://epec.mom.gov.sg/epec/index.do
it takes 7 working days to approve.
there is no need to make an appointment as they will mail you the epec letter. It takes 3-4weeks for a foreign address and one week for a singaporean address.
with an epec u can apply for a long term social visit pass(ltsvp) here on this link with ICA https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/main.do
it takes around 4-6weeks if you do not have an FIN number yet.
If you have a FIN number it takes 2-3 weeks.

hope that info helps :D

Frankienus

Postby Frankienus » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 11:51 am

carlsum1986 wrote:
Frankienus wrote:
carlsum1986 wrote:

with regards
frankie

epec allows u to stay here for one year while you look for a job.
info about epec can be found on mom website.
you can apply here https://epec.mom.gov.sg/epec/index.do
it takes 7 working days to approve.
there is no need to make an appointment as they will mail you the epec letter. It takes 3-4weeks for a foreign address and one week for a singaporean address.
with an epec u can apply for a long term social visit pass(ltsvp) here on this link with ICA https://ltpass.ica.gov.sg/eltsvp/main.do
it takes around 4-6weeks if you do not have an FIN number yet.
If you have a FIN number it takes 2-3 weeks.

hope that info helps :D

@Carlsums :D :D :D thank you so much.. I have just applied for EPEC..

carlsum1986
Chatter
Chatter

Postby carlsum1986 » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 2:11 pm

great good luck in your application.usually if you have the right credentials you will not be rejected