Singapore Expats Forum

LPR "details of achievements and innovations"

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yycalta

LPR "details of achievements and innovations"

Postby yycalta » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 2:56 am

In Form 4A: "Application for PR in Singapore for Professionals, Technical Personnel and Skilled Workers" page 2 there is a box for "Details of achievements and innovations which you have made in your profession/occupation"

Has anyone did not fill this part (fill with N/A) and get through (accepted for LPR) ?

I m planning to apply using LPR scheme and start filling this form for next month (hopefully)

Thanks all in advance for response

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 4:23 am

Filled up whatever you have achieved and capable of etc. DO NOT worry about if you do not fill this and how other applicants stack up against yours.
What kind of question is that? Every application is being assessed on its own merits. No two application is the same.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yycalta

Postby yycalta » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 5:17 am

Thanks for reply Mad Scientist
My worry is how to prove it if I filled it.
Regards

Mad Scientist wrote:Filled up whatever you have achieved and capable of etc. DO NOT worry about if you do not fill this and how other applicants stack up against yours.
What kind of question is that? Every application is being assessed on its own merits. No two application is the same.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 7:14 am

yycalta wrote:Thanks for reply Mad Scientist
My worry is how to prove it if I filled it.

Well, you have to have documented proof to prove it, wouldn't you? . All docs will be vetted by ICA that you can count on it. If you do not have the necessary skill or requirement then you have to go for reality check to see if this route is suitable for you . Only you can answer that .
I would be incline to give more than what they asked for although they did not ask for it. At least if you got rejected , you would not be saying "what if I submit this or that, will it improve my chances?". ALthough the guidelines are there for you to adhere to, no one actually really knows including myself how this vetting is being done.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

yycalta

Postby yycalta » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 8:22 am

True MS; my only proof is my performance review.
Oh well I hope this is similar as achievements.
Also I forgot to ask; If I have dual citizenship should I declare both? I only see the field ask for nationality not nationalities

Thanks

Well, you have to have documented proof to prove it, wouldn't you? . All docs will be vetted by ICA that you can count on it. If you do not have the necessary skill or requirement then you have to go for reality check to see if this route is suitable for you . Only you can answer that .
I would be incline to give more than what they asked for although they did not ask for it. At least if you got rejected , you would not be saying "what if I submit this or that, will it improve my chances?". ALthough the guidelines are there for you to adhere to, no one actually really knows including myself how this vetting is being done.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 9:38 am

yycalta wrote:True MS; my only proof is my performance review.
Also I forgot to ask; If I have dual citizenship should I declare both? I only see the field ask for nationality not nationalities

Thanks

Country of birth with the same passport you are holding to enter SG , go to ica.gov.sg. Look for Assessment Level 1 for countries that need visa. Try to discount yourself from these group of countries. Like if you have Philippines PP and OZ PP, I would be incline to use OZ PP. One country will be sufficient.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 1:33 pm

yycalta wrote:True MS; my only proof is my performance review.

Thanks

In the achievements you prove what you say by referring to your reference's so if you have implemented anything of importance at work successfully then you have achieved something!