Singapore Expats Forum

PR rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
basvkaran

PR rejected

Postby basvkaran » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:55 pm

Hi,
I(from india) am working in singapore since from oct 2007 to till date.
I have applied my PR first time in Aug 2009 with my wife (married march 2009).
It was rejected. they mentioned the rejection letter apply after 2 yrs.
The result was same as all of my friends.
Then again i applied march 2010, again it was rejected at may2010 but the letter they never said anything the date period.My wife got the student pass on May2010(8month course) before a week of PR rejection letter.
I am holding S Pass(expire sep 2010).My company ready to renewal.
My Question is
Shall i apply again july2010 with my wifes details.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 1:03 pm

So you applied first time in Aug 2009 which got rejected and tells you to reapply 2 years later but instead you reapply after 8 months :lol: :lol:

You've probably wasted any chance of getting PR but stupidly ignoring the ICA and wasting their time. That's quite obvious as it only took 2 month to reject you once again :roll:

basvkaran

Postby basvkaran » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 1:18 pm

so wat u want to tell me.
u mean i have to wait for 2 yrs.
My company not suppost to give the DP to my wife.
I want to keep my wife with me.
Do you have any other way of idea to keep my wife with me....

x9200

Postby x9200 » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 1:36 pm

basvkaran wrote:so wat u want to tell me.
u mean i have to wait for 2 yrs.
My company not suppost to give the DP to my wife.
I want to keep my wife with me.
Do you have any other way of idea to keep my wife with me....

They don't want to sponsor or your salary is below 2.5k?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 1:50 pm

As you have already shown the ICA that you cannot follow directions, they have summarily rejected you and not asked you to reapply in two years. Had you followed ICA directions you probably would have eventually gotten your PR. Now, You can work here on a "S" pass, but because you probably are not earning 2,500/mo you cannot have your wife here on a Dependent's pass. In fact, without PR, you cannot even bring her here on a LTVP either. She will have to go back to your country and wait for you to a) earn more than 2500/mo; b) find a new job earning more than 2500/mo/ or c) hoping against hope that somehow the ICA decided to allow people who have no regards for the government to have PR.

Or, the 4th option - going back to your country. When you make wrong choices in this country, it tends to bite you in the butt!.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Re: PR rejected

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 2:08 pm

basvkaran wrote:Hi,
I(from india) am working in singapore since from oct 2007 to till date.
I have applied my PR first time in Aug 2009 with my wife (married march 2009).
It was rejected. they mentioned the rejection letter apply after 2 yrs.
The result was same as all of my friends.
Then again i applied march 2010, again it was rejected at may2010 but the letter they never said anything the date period.My wife got the student pass on May2010(8month course) before a week of PR rejection letter.
I am holding S Pass(expire sep 2010).My company ready to renewal.
My Question is

Nowadays PR approval is not easy.

One of the reasons for your PR rejection in march 2010 was you were recently married and also applied PR for your wife.

They will also look into whether the applicant can financially support his wife before giving a PR.

>>My Question is

You cannot apply in July 2010 again as they accept only new applications after 6 months from the date of recent rejection. So in your case it is May 2010 + 6 months. Anyway better to try after 1 more year.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 2:49 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:You cannot apply in July 2010 again as they accept only new applications after 6 months from the date of recent rejection. So in your case it is May 2010 + 6 months. Anyway better to try after 1 more year.

Can I know how do you know ICA accepting new applications after 6 months ? :shock:
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:09 pm

Mad Scientist wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:You cannot apply in July 2010 again as they accept only new applications after 6 months from the date of recent rejection. So in your case it is May 2010 + 6 months. Anyway better to try after 1 more year.

Can I know how do you know ICA accepting new applications after 6 months ? :shock:

When I called the ICA customer service they said the minimum duration between the rejection date and the next application has to be 6 months.. That is why even though the OP was advised to apply after 2 years, and he was able to do his second attempt within <1 year from the date of rejection

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:14 pm

My 5 cents go in the same direction. My application was rejected, with no time stated for a new application.

So I called ICA and they told me that if no time was stated in the letter, I can apply again not earlier than 6 months after my rejection letter.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:16 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:

When I called the ICA customer service they said the minimum duration between the rejection date and the next application has to be 6 months.. That is why even though the OP was advised to apply after 2 years, and he was able to do his second attempt within <1 year from the date of rejection

Totally disagree, if the ICA tell you writing not to reapply until after 2 years, that's exactly what it means :roll:

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:21 pm

Saint wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:

Totally disagree, if the ICA tell you writing not to reapply until after 2 years, that's exactly what it means :roll:

Saint, MS,
I accept that if they say apply after 2 years they are expecting us to do so.What I meant was can practically apply after 6 months but would be rejected again

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:29 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
Saint wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Mad Scientist wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Saint, MS,
I accept that if they say apply after 2 years they are expecting us to do so.What I meant was can practically apply after 6 months but would be rejected again

Your post lacked sarcasm, ensuing confusion...

...and I wasn't being sarcastic.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 23 Jun 2010 4:38 pm

Just to be clear, my case was different. No time limit was stated in my rejection letter.

Of course, if letter says 2 years, you dont need to be very smart to see when to apply again.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 4:19 am

Asdracles wrote:Just to be clear, my case was different. No time limit was stated in my rejection letter.

Of course, if letter says 2 years, you dont need to be very smart to see when to apply again.

Had a chat with person of interest yesterday. To be fair what SF and Asdracles said are true to a certain extent. The frontline people are reading from the script i.e "Not to reject you outright and to be courteous at the same time" , I love the way it was said :D
Now, on the letter itself, there are several template so to speak. If you are told to reapply in two years time, there is to say approx 2 yrs from your first application. Your points are not enough to meet that status.
If they did not state when to reapply, technically you can do that in 6 months from the reply. Either you DO NOT HAVE ANY POINTS AT ALL or you are not going to get it ever. There is a small % that will fall into this last category and they will vet again. So for this small group your application is a FRESH ONE.I sense it is more like Russian Roulette. No specific guideline , just filtering thru and see if you REALLY WANT IT BUT it has to be 6 months from reply.
Some are not factual guideline based on facts but more of hearsay comment as I cannot get more info due to some constrains.It is a general idea to understand where you are at.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

pilotmoon

Postby pilotmoon » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 9:58 am

A friend of mine applied for PR late 2008 and was rejected around mar/april 2009, telling her to apply again 6 months later, which she did in December 2009. At that time though, rejections were pretty rampant, so on hindsight, I dont know if it was such a good idea. Nevertheless, she got rejected a 2nd time, the letter came in april 2010. This time, there is no specified date for reapplication. Do you think it's a good idea to apply after 6 months? Or maybe wait a full year?
go brazil!