Singapore Expats Forum

Will EPEC application will affect the LPR progress?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 9:43 am

Saint wrote:But still not a legal requirement in respect of Singapore Law. If a person feels they need to get clarification from MOM they will do. Someone on a 30 day SVP can even get married without the need of any permission from a Singapore Government body.

Agreed with your statement. There is no legal requirement . The pitfall comes to play if you are on WP or EP . Just to make sure OP has the bases covered and not caught with his pants down.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

melren

Re: Will EPEC application will affect the LPR progress?

Postby melren » Fri, 02 Jul 2010 11:13 pm

nixau wrote:Hellow all,

The other issue, since I'm still using the 30 days visit pass, it's very hard for me to maintain the validity by going in/out Singapore. Last Sunday, I heard that one can apply for EPEC and get 1 year Long term visit Pass. Asking MOM whether I eligible for that, yesterday MOM nicely call me back and told me it is ok with them if I appying for one. But it's still up to the ICA whether it will affecting with my current LPR progress or not.
Anyone experienced with this similar situation? Will it affecting my current LPR process? Is there any chance for me to get the LTVP using EPEC?
I'm very appreciated for any information from you guys. Thanks a lot.

Yes, u can apply for LTSVP after the EPEC application being approved, the process itself takes about 4-6 weeks.
Well in my case, my LTSVP was approved exactle a month after my application date.