Singapore Expats

Aircon servicing packages

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
macaroonie
Chatter
Chatter

Aircon servicing packages

Post by macaroonie » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 1:19 pm

Hi
Does anyone have experience with buying aircon servicing packages for the entire year and paying them in cash? What guarantees them coming back quarterly to do the servicing if they have all our money right from the beginning?

observer
Regular
Regular

Post by observer » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 1:34 pm

They will have a contract and will issue you a receipt for the term. If this is not good enough for you, then you can also opt for ad hoc servicing. This will cost slightly more per visit though.

Just engage a recommended contractor. I've had no problems with my contractor disappearing or running away at all. In fact, he actually reminds me when the quarter is up to arrange for an appointment.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 2:43 pm

I have a yearly package but I only pay a quarter of the total amount each time they come and do the servicing.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Post by QRM » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 2:44 pm

If you stick with the reputable servicing contractors then should not be a problem, as to paying cash I think paying my a crossed cheque would be a little safer, as it stops the guy you are handing the cash over doing a runner.

So far we have always paid up front and had no problems.