Singapore Expats Forum

Where to buy a lint-remover gadget.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Where to buy a lint-remover gadget.

Postby ozchick » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:31 pm

You know those little batter-operated buzzing thingies that take the fluff off one's clothes? I managed to break one of the little blades off mine yeterday. Would Spotlight have them, anyone know? Tried the local hardware dude at HV, he'd never seen one before. Not wanting any peel-off type lint-removers, they're not as good. Appreciate advice. Thanks.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Where to buy a lint-remover gadget.

Postby nakatago » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:38 pm

ozchick wrote:You know those little batter-operated buzzing thingies that take the fluff off one's clothes? I managed to break one of the little blades off mine yeterday. Would Spotlight have them, anyone know? Tried the local hardware dude at HV, he'd never seen one before. Not wanting any peel-off type lint-removers, they're not as good. Appreciate advice. Thanks.


bought mine at...wait for it...daiso.

User avatar
durain
Director
Director
Posts: 3666
Joined: Thu, 23 Aug 2007
Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Where to buy a lint-remover gadget.

Postby durain » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:51 pm

nakatago wrote:bought mine at...wait for it...daiso.


wait for it..... how much?

cbavasi
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 846
Joined: Tue, 12 Jun 2007

Postby cbavasi » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 8:06 am

If you can't find the part - sticky-tape rollers are quite efficient... or even boxing tape - this is what we used on photo shoots for clothing. (Sorry ozchick - I didn't see your first line about the roller! Haven't had my coffee!!)

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 7:50 pm

Byowdiful! Thanks cbavasi!
Gonna try Daiso. Would phone them if I wasn't so sure it would all get lost in translation.....
And they're usually really cheap, Durain. Like maybe $5 or less. Getting all my winter clothes in order. I get a buzz (excuse pun) out of de-linting my winter woolies. It's a no-brainer type of activity. Ideal for people like me!! No grey matter needed at all really....and VERY therapeutic somehow....my maid gets a real kick out of it! Right now she's got sweet bugger all to do cos the apatment's almost empty and she can do this sitting down....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
road.not.taken
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat, 06 Oct 2007

Postby road.not.taken » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:05 am

Here in the Big Apple, with giant Bed, Bath & Beyonds every 10 blocks ~ you can buy them in 5 'strengths'. My, the US is a strange and wondrous place.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 11:57 am

road.not.taken wrote:Here in the Big Apple, ...... My, the US is a strange and wondrous place.


No wonder things have been quiet from your side! Hope you are enjoying it. Although, Mom tells me the eastern seaboard has been having a bit of warm weather recently.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 6:50 pm

road.not.taken wrote:Here in the Big Apple, with giant Bed, Bath & Beyonds every 10 blocks ~ you can buy them in 5 'strengths'. My, the US is a strange and wondrous place.


5 STRENGTHS? Wow, I'm getting really excited at the thought! :)
Showed my gadget to the little hardware dudes in the Gim Moh market area today. Clearly they've never seen one. Guess fluffy clothes aren't an issue here in Sg.
So the wondrous US eh RNT? But you're missing Sg aren't you yeah?! :wink:
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
road.not.taken
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat, 06 Oct 2007

Postby road.not.taken » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 6:54 pm

Yep, 94 expected today. Thunderstorms too. Ah well, I love the weather ~ mainly because there [/i]is weather. Tomorrow will be much cooler and drier.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:44 pm

ozchick wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:Here in the Big Apple, with giant Bed, Bath & Beyonds every 10 blocks ~ you can buy them in 5 'strengths'. My, the US is a strange and wondrous place.


5 STRENGTHS? Wow, I'm getting really excited at the thought! :)


1. hum
2. buzz
3. skim
4. shave
5. lawnmower

FYI, in Daiso, the packaging says "pill remover." Found out about these when an aunt brought several from Japan (bought from 100-yen shops!)

For those who don't know what they look like:
Image

User avatar
road.not.taken
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sat, 06 Oct 2007

Postby road.not.taken » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 8:59 am

ozchick wrote:So the wondrous US eh RNT? But you're missing Sg aren't you yeah?! :wink:


Not even a little bit. Not one iota. Not ever.

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 7:27 pm

nakatago wrote:
ozchick wrote:
road.not.taken wrote:Here in the Big Apple, with giant Bed, Bath & Beyonds every 10 blocks ~ you can buy them in 5 'strengths'. My, the US is a strange and wondrous place.


5 STRENGTHS? Wow, I'm getting really excited at the thought! :)


1. hum
2. buzz
3. skim
4. shave
5. lawnmower

FYI, in Daiso, the packaging says "pill remover." Found out about these when an aunt brought several from Japan (bought from 100-yen shops!)

For those who don't know what they look like:
Image


Yeah that's it Nakatago! Great photo. Those who've never used one, you're really missing out badly! :oops:
And pill remover...yeah..that's right. Can't you just hear me on the phone to Daiso with my query abouy a battery operated pill remover!? :wink: Goin' to Plaza Singapura tomorrow and will try Daiso and Spotlight.
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
ozchick
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1001
Joined: Fri, 21 Sep 2007
Location: Germany

Postby ozchick » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 9:00 pm

OK with much patience managed to find enough English on the phone at Daiso, and Spotlight and Mustafa's and none of them have this gadget. Daiso says they're out of stock and have been for ages, and the other 2 places only sell the 'sticky roll' type. Is there anywhere else worth trying?
In Oz the Drycleaners sometimes have them.....mm...
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

User avatar
Splatted
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 892
Joined: Sun, 11 Jul 2004

Postby Splatted » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 9:49 pm


User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Fri, 25 Jun 2010 10:47 pm



FOUR BUCKS?!? It's 2 in Daiso!

The branch in IMM is bigger and obviously stocks more stuff; haven't been to the Sembawang one. The one in Vivo is no bigger than PlazaSing, I reckon.

@ozchick: want to buy mine? it was THE last stock in Daiso PlazaSing. Still haven't used it :P


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “General Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests