Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting PR in second time..

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
nitinkrmishra

Chances of getting PR in second time..

Postby nitinkrmishra » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 9:03 am

Hi
Recently i applied for PR second time . Lasy year i applied for PR and was rejected , i was holdinf S pass.

Now i holding P2 pass and My wife is also working in dependent pass .
We both are having Maters Degree .

My total household income is around 7K.

What are my chances of getting the PR this time.
How much time is takes to process my application .

Please suggest

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Chances of getting PR in second time..

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 9:13 am

nitinkrmishra wrote:Hi
Recently i applied for PR second time . Lasy year i applied for PR and was rejected , i was holdinf S pass.

Please suggest

First of all I suggest you proofread your posts before submitting. I know my typing is bad but..........

As far as applying for PR for a 2nd time, if you didn't wait for two years before applying, it's anybody's guess as to whether or not it will be successful. If you were rejected before September 2009, I'd say your chances were slim as they have tightened up since November '09. The fact that you two have "maters" degrees (whatever they are) and a household income of 7K really doesn't matter. For that matter the Pass level doesn't matter either. Processing time? 9~15 months I would guess. From another thread recently, information from Mad Scientist:

Mad Scientist wrote:
You should read this from SM Lee. This was taken out from a local paper.

THE government looks closely at permanent residents' (PRs) contributions to Singapore before deciding which ones can become citizens, said Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew on Sunday night at a Tanjong Pagar GRC event.

'So please put up with the new immigrants. We are very careful about who becomes a citizen,' he said, responding to criticisms over the growing influx of foreigners living and working here.

There were more than 1.2million foreigners in Singapore last year.

Mr Lee said that 10per cent of the pool of foreigners here are new PRs, while another 20per cent are PRs who have been here for some time.

'This 20per cent, we will look at their performance and slowly absorb those who can help us. If they don't help us raise the level, they won't be citizens. We are not stupid.'

As for the remaining 70per cent of foreigners who are here on work permits, 'they are not citizens and never will be', he added. 'They will go home after two years. They do the difficult jobs and without them, MRT stations will not go up.

To your queries
1. To apply PR you have to be financially stable. Money in the bank and stable job. At least $2.5K on average per person from what I gather.
2. No job hopping. This is a No NO [-X [-X
3. You have to reapply after two years from the first application i.e 2011
4. There is 70 thousands for PR application approx from 09 to last year alone.What would you expect them to do?. Reply to every single application with exact detail of its rejection. I think you would realise this is not possible.
5. It will go into an equation set of template. If you tick all, you pass if you cross some , you fail and a standard letter of reply will come out depending on your merits.
There you are .........the beauty of automation .......
Does this reply makes you happy, I doubt so but this is the truth.
So , dig in, if you must and make sure you have what it takes and have patience

:)

nitinkrmishra

Postby nitinkrmishra » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 2:09 pm

Thanks for your reply.

I will take care while posting .

skpsiva

Postby skpsiva » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 2:59 pm

Please suggest

You guys are having Master degreee and yourhouse hold income also in good , I believe no reason to get negative response; Probably you would have received your PR now.
Wish you all the best --keep us in touch

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 3:19 pm

skpsiva wrote:

Please suggest

You guys are having Master degreee and yourhouse hold income also in good , I believe no reason to get negative response; Probably you would have received your PR now.

And you are able to back up that crazy statement of yours??

skpsiva

Postby skpsiva » Sat, 26 Jun 2010 3:38 pm

Saint wrote:
skpsiva wrote:

Please suggest

I don't understand really what you mean....

And you are able to back up that crazy statement of yours??

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 3:25 pm

Well it's obvious you are well behind the times concerning the recent PR approval rates. Read up on the many PR threads on the forum and you'll see why I said your previous statement was crazy.

skpsiva

Postby skpsiva » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 3:31 pm

Saint wrote:Well it's obvious you are well behind the times concerning the recent PR approval rates. Read up on the many PR threads on the forum and you'll see why I said your previous statement was crazy.

OK--Well but one of my friend he got PR recently he has bachelor degree holder and his salary around 4K...

Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon, 28 Jun 2010 5:16 pm

deleted
Last edited by Mad Scientist on Wed, 20 Oct 2010 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

Koalabear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Koalabear » Tue, 29 Jun 2010 12:27 am

Mad Scientist wrote:
skpsiva wrote:
Saint wrote:Well it's obvious you are well behind the times concerning the recent PR approval rates. Read up on the many PR threads on the forum and you'll see why I said your previous statement was crazy.

OK--Well but one of my friend he got PR recently he has bachelor degree holder and his salary around 4K...

First of all , what Saint has said is on the money, this issue started last year and we have been monitoring this since Sept. 2009. These are backed up by reports from the local papers, MHA Press Release, and our own good forumers who many got rejected for various reasons with no exact detail on their rejections.With no time frame to reapply for some.
Salary and a degree or whatever toilet paper you carry does not carry any single weight in the eyes of the Gahmen. There are various indicators to dictate if you are going to be approved or offer PR status.
No one including myself knows exactly what are their requirement.
So...... unless you have something from the Gahmen link rather than hearsay that you can show many of us here that we are not aware of , please do not make those comments as it is misleading and confusing enough.

Their metric system is the most safely guarded secret of immigration department, just like how credit companies in the past guard their credit scoring metrics. The core of the Singapore system should not be that different from many developed countries, but with significant modifications to suit Singapore's unique economic situations and geopolitics around the region.

Things for them to consider:
1) your race (they have a ratio range they want to adhere to)
2) if you have any children that has gone through their NE brainwash
3) your GDP contribution and expected GDP contribution in the future (does your occupation align with gahmen's economic priorities for the next decade?? your salary and education level is just a small parameter to determine this)
4) length of stay in Singapore
5) is your child a boy or girl?
6) your competitive score relative to your peers

Above are the no-brainer factors. The exact parameters are dynamic numbers that vary from year to year, depending on high level assumptions of their million dollar pay ministers. Conclusion: just apply because no one will know for sure.