Singapore Expats

30 days jail for Aussie

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
ksl
Governor
Governor

30 days jail for Aussie

Post by ksl » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 12:07 pm

Don't blow bubble gum in the court house!

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20100618/t ... adaf4.html

Splatted
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Splatted » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 1:30 pm

hahaha for a second, I thought we were talking about Singapore

Yeah, good on the judge. The idiot obviously wasn't serious about why he was there.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 3:30 pm

Splatted wrote:hahaha for a second, I thought we were talking about Singapore

Yeah, good on the judge. The idiot obviously wasn't serious about why he was there.
Lots of idiots about, it could well have been Singapore.

I guess its a generation thingy with baseball caps the wrong way and I'm anti everything, to be cool! :roll:

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by raden888 » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 4:22 pm

ksl wrote: wrong way and I'm anti everything, to be cool! :roll:

Well I think with a little effort KSL, you can be hip and cool too :lol:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 10:52 pm

raden888 wrote:
ksl wrote: wrong way and I'm anti everything, to be cool! :roll:

Well I think with a little effort KSL, you can be hip and cool too :lol:
Ha ha, so funny, I'm still trying to figure out why i was never a mainstream hippy and Beatlemania fan, not that i want to spoil the fun or anything, the music is the greatest for its time, I just have trouble identifying myself with trends and celebrities. Maybe i grew up too fast being a squaddie at 18 in 68.

Though i did attend a few hippy parties in uniform, really didn't understand all the attention from women at the time, but soon found out it was the uniform, then it kicked off that hippies too had to have the old military second hand clothes to match the coolness, still didn't work, it was the haircut all along ha!

My school mate used to wear all the beatle suits, he looked a real dickhead in them, I almost refused to be part of the company, I'm more of the James Bond type ha ha!

I have a 63 old mate 6ft 3 inch, who's a Rod Stuart look alike at the moment, for many years he was Elvis, talk about morphing images, these guys are real extrovert characters that take it to another level, that live in the footsteps of their idols for years. What a wonderful world we live in! :lol: But they obviously set their target audience before going out and are pretty well known in the small city circle of 150k people. Guess I should use him for walking advertisement 8-) That's cool.

Actually i do like to see the difference in creativity and expression of social attitudes, from Rockers to punks and enjoy some of the music too, especially the sex pistols, I read the book about Sid and his girl, quite sad really

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Mon, 21 Jun 2010 7:14 pm

With a name like Mirza Zukanovic, I'm betting he's a wog-boy.
(Read: new Australian and therefore not one at all). And the males of the species just can't help themselves. Yeha yeah I'm generalising...
Mind you, having said that, Australia is a lawless country in many ways and morons get away with all manner of social faux-pas. Gee it's nice not being there. As a 6th generation Aussie I really can't think of anything that I miss greatly. Spose all the Aussies on here will start dish'n out to me now...ah well..... :-|
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'

raden888
Chatter
Chatter

Post by raden888 » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 3:17 pm

ksl wrote:
Maybe i grew up too fast being a squaddie at 18 in 68.
So I am guessing you did a couple fo NI tours and perhaps the falklands?

C'mon , give it a try , your daughters might be impressed with their newly hip Dad! :wink:

@ OZchick....I'm waging that you voted for Pauline Hanson.... :P

Please explain.....

ozchick
Editor
Editor

Post by ozchick » Tue, 22 Jun 2010 7:34 pm

raden888 wrote:
ksl wrote:
Maybe i grew up too fast being a squaddie at 18 in 68.
So I am guessing you did a couple fo NI tours and perhaps the falklands?

C'mon , give it a try , your daughters might be impressed with their newly hip Dad! :wink:

@ OZchick....I'm waging that you voted for Pauline Hanson.... :P

Please explain.....
Nah...the 'fish an' chip shop lady didn't do it for me. Mind you. She was only guilty of saying aloud what most of the poplualtion was thinking. But politicians have to be politically correct. Funny about that?!
He he...please explain! :lol: Yeah she wasn't too bright the poor old Pauline....
'Are you trying to tempt me because I come from the land of plenty?'