Singapore Expats Forum

Relocating to Singapore in August

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
cwk204

Relocating to Singapore in August

Postby cwk204 » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 1:15 am

Hi there!

I'm 24, M relocating to Singapore from the US. I'll be arriving in Singapore mid August. I wanted to reach out here and start making some connections! Any advice anyone could give me at all would be welcome. I like to have a good time and hope to find some like minded people on here. Thanks, I can't wait!

Chris

mungbeans

Postby mungbeans » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 11:53 am

Making friends should be easy here. Keep in touch with your embassy for they should throw you a couple of social events for relocated Americans just like you. Singapore expats and young locals are friendly here. The elders and their quirkiness will grow on you. Hope you are excited to move to Singapore!

scarbowl
Chatter
Chatter

Postby scarbowl » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 7:51 pm

mungbeans wrote:Keep in touch with your embassy for they should throw you a couple of social events for relocated Americans just like you.

Just fyi...the American Embassy does not do this. Only a few seem to. But there are other ways. If you are Christian, join one of the expat-oriented churches. There are cycling clubs, sports associations, etc. that can put you in contact with English-speakers or Americans.